Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us - page 36. (Read 54513 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
1. so this is a guy that wants people to buy some land and think that it only takes 51% of the population living on the land to desire to call it a town.

2. ok fine i know a farmer that has lots of land. so all he has to do is declare himself a town.(he is divorsed and lives alone making him 100% of the population)

3.and now magically country government law, state government and county government laws dont apply

pfffft facepalm..

4. the only thing that will change is by it now being private land if they want a hospital the state/government wont fund it. if they want a school the state government wont fund that either. but if you shoot someone. the state/government will find the killer and put them in prison.

5. its not just about buying land. there is more to it. the native Indian reservations and the amish communities didn't just have a bit of land to automatically make politics irrelevant. there were lots of laws and lobbying to allow these communities to be political free zones.

6 so lets just end this new mexico thread to wither away and atleast concentrate on the new hampshire project where atleast they seem to be doing it the right way.

1. I don't think, I KNOW. Look up "Creating a Town" or "Township".

2. Good for him

3. Laws still apply dumb ass, you can just choose to have a police force that is told not to worry about certain things. That way as long as the wanted person never files their social security number anywhere, no one from outside will even know they live there. So unless they did something worth hunting them for, the outside government will have no reason/evidence to come there. Ad if they do, they do. Oh well. We will just have to defend the guy in court.

4. Thank you for describing what we all already knew. Ass hat.

5. I'm not trying to be like a reservation, we plan on being an American town.

6. How bout you just piss off if you don't like it, and go to New Hampshire.  
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
Umm.. No i fully support having a police force, my farther was a police officer and I'll tell you if you have honest cops all your fears go away, the police I grew up around are honest loving great men! and no we never said that, what we want is more a place to call our own. Obviously township is a lot harder (i looked it up long ago).
Google/YouTube
I agree just giving numbers. shh lets keep this a secret but Harding County, New Mexico only has 600 residents and lost 14 percent from 2000-2010 Wink

That's pretty cool Smiley
Google/YouTube
Ok, so I just woke up and started running some numbers.
1) We need jobs, people won't move without jobs and lets not be stupid and say all we need is Bitcoin mining, we need actual jobs. I say we tailor for tech firms, we would get a powerful fiber line run to us and really get things going.
2) We are out in the middle of nowhere, so either we are growing food or our food supply stores, the cost of food will be much higher Sad
3) We need stores, I'd like to keep walmart out lol, family and individual owned stores are key, one they provide jobs and two help the community. Side not our city will have a high min. wag so expect high prices. We care about people so higher wages is a must.
4) A Small power plant, lets face it currently the power output of solar is not what we need, we will have power lines from actual power plants, but we need a huge transformer for our location.
5) Restaurants, no one wants to live in an area where there is not a single place to eat in 40 miles.
6) Water, water, water, we need it and guess what in New Mexico its hard to come by how will we deal with this?

this is just a few, because i have to go to some grad parties today, but please fill in ideas.

1) Mining, Taxi, Farming, or any other service you could provide to people in town. Other than that, come with a car and commute into whatever town is nearby until we start opening hotels and franchises. And as mentioned a few times before, http://Devtome.com

2) Growing and Buying online, And we won't be in the middle of no where. I plan on finding a place that is not far from a highway or at least a small-ish town.

3) Stores will come once we can afford them (I already brought this up in the original post), unless developers are some of the founders. Or some of the founders sell their land to developers.

4) Solar is what we need. And we will find land that already has power to it, like with a ranch house. And if we can't, we can bring generators.

5) again, already mentioned. You can't just build restaurants before you build a town. There is no town that started because someone built a restaurant there.

6) Water has already been mentioned, can you please read before you post. If you want to "help" then actually bring up the stuff I talked about, or bring up things I haven't talked about at all. Don't bring up things I already talked about and say we need to do things I already said we will do (or ask how we will do them when I already said).

Sorry for replying like this, I didn't even realize it was you. I though this was a new person coming in without reading. Sorry.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
so this is a guy that wants people to buy some land and think that it only takes 51% of the population living on the land to desire to call it a town.

ok fine i know a farmer that has lots of land. so all he has to do is declare himself a town.(he is divorsed and lives alone making him 100% of the population)

and now magically country government law, state government and county government laws dont apply. as soon as i heard the first video when he said the town would be a safe zone where they couldn't extradite you i laughed my head off and realised this guy has no clue. and stopped watching.

pfffft facepalm..

it does not make it a tax/political freezone purely by creating a town. it just makes a leader become the major to decide how they spend funds they gather from the population of the town.

its not just about buying land. there is more to it. the native Indian reservations and the amish communities didn't just have a bit of land to automatically make politics irrelevant. there were lots of laws and lobbying to allow these communities to be political free zones.

so lets just end this new mexico thread to wither away and atleast concentrate on the new hampshire project where atleast they seem to be doing it the right way.
I agree just giving numbers. shh lets keep this a secret but Harding County, New Mexico only has 600 residents and lost 14 percent from 2000-2010 Wink
Google/YouTube
Ok, well i just spend 20 min doing some numbers, so a land plot of 55.5 yards by 31 yards would allow us to put 1680 Homes in a 640 acre area. Now of course this would be the MAX number of homes, and this amount of land is fairly descent, its not huge but bigger than city plots, kinda like subdivisions.

I don't think we should try to make it a suburb... Maybe similar, but not exactly.
Ok, well i just spend 20 min doing some numbers, so a land plot of 55.5 yards by 31 yards would allow us to put 1680 Homes in a 640 acre area. Now of course this would be the MAX number of homes, and this amount of land is fairly descent, its not huge but bigger than city plots, kinda like subdivisions.
Google/YouTube
I really like concept of this idea but it's hard to find people who are like you (us) and who will actually put in work and time to better themselves and people like them.

There are honestly too many people with this negative and lost mindset:

I honestly don't think I believe in family. It's a silly concept. No matter their DNA or familiarity, someone can always be out to destroy you or harmful to mankind.

That's fine, I have the means to find the people.
Google/YouTube
1) We need jobs, people won't move without jobs and lets not be stupid and say all we need is Bitcoin mining, we need actual jobs. I say we tailor for tech firms, we would get a powerful fiber line run to us and really get things going.
2) We are out in the middle of nowhere, so either we are growing food or our food supply stores, the cost of food will be much higher Sad
3) We need stores, I'd like to keep walmart out lol, family and individual owned stores are key, one they provide jobs and two help the community. Side not our city will have a high min. wag so expect high prices. We care about people so higher wages is a must.
4) A Small power plant, lets face it currently the power output of solar is not what we need, we will have power lines from actual power plants, but we need a huge transformer for our location.
5) Restaurants, no one wants to live in an area where there is not a single place to eat in 40 miles.
6) Water, water, water, we need it and guess what in New Mexico its hard to come by how will we deal with this?

this is just a few, because i have to go to some grad parties today, but please fill in ideas.

1) Mining, Taxi, Farming, or any other service you could provide to people in town. Other than that, come with a car and commute into whatever town is nearby until we start opening hotels and franchises. And as mentioned a few times before, http://Devtome.com

2) Growing and Buying online, And we won't be in the middle of no where. I plan on finding a place that is not far from a highway or at least a small-ish town.

3) Stores will come once we can afford them (I already brought this up in the original post), unless developers are some of the founders. Or some of the founders sell their land to developers.

4) Solar is what we need. And we will find land that already has power to it, like with a ranch house. And if we can't, we can bring generators.

5) again, already mentioned. You can't just build restaurants before you build a town. There is no town that started because someone built a restaurant there.

6) Water has already been mentioned, can you please read before you post. If you want to "help" then actually bring up the stuff I talked about, or bring up things I haven't talked about at all. Don't bring up things I already talked about and say we need to do things I already said we will do (or ask how we will do them when I already said).
Google/YouTube
i hate to ask this but can you build on desert?

You can convert desert into farm'able land with the right tools and method. There's a fair amount of research done into it, and some practical research, unfortunately not much funding in that area. I mean, what western countries would want to repair Africa and parts of the Middle East? I know right.

New Mexico isn't THAT much of a desert. Yeah, there is no grass in anyone's yard, and the ground is red dirt, and it's hot as fuck. But if you have water, farming is fine. Plus we could bring some potash in or something to fertilize the ground.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

I mean, what western countries would want to repair Africa and parts of the Middle East?

to their credit "fixing" the bad parts is probably the least cost effective solution to that problem. allowing people the freedom to travel is probably a much cheaper and better idea.
Activity: 238
Now they are thinking what to do with me

You can convert desert into farm'able land with the right tools and method. There's a fair amount of research done into it, and some practical research, unfortunately not much funding in that area. I mean, what western countries would want to repair Africa and parts of the Middle East? I know right.
Google/YouTube
Google/YouTube
Google/YouTube
Google/YouTube
also what do we do about water?

1. Wells
2. Try to get land with a river or lake
3. Rainwater collection and distillation
Google/YouTube
so i assume you can't?

I just said yes, if the ground is right. Most of New Mexico is built in the desert.
also what do we do about water?
Pages:
Jump to: