Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum? - page 18. (Read 1989 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
February 07, 2018, 05:49:28 AM
For me ethereum have lots of activities like ethereum has its own wallet..btc is most popular..
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
February 07, 2018, 05:38:54 AM
Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?

I have bitcoin and ethereum. I hold for a long time until the value continues to grow. although today the market is becoming chaotic. but I still believe bitcoin and ethereum have more futures compared to all existing crypto.
Activity: 630
Merit: 13
Crypto ✪ Enthusiast
February 07, 2018, 05:35:59 AM
i still mining Ethereum coin  Grin
and i trust ethereum will going grow Up !! GanBattee  Grin Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 121
February 07, 2018, 05:32:44 AM
Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the most popular digital coins today. In terms of value, bitcoin is much larger than ethereum, but in terms of potential, ethereum is quite capable of dealing with bitcoin. So you think which one is better?
Not a good thing to say which one is better because both of them are playing a big role in cryptoworld. Though we can compare their huge difference in terms of price but we also consider it difference in terms of used. As we value most in bitcoin, it is much better also if we include eth as this both coins brings crypto into popularity. 
Well, as mate mentioned that bitcoin and ethereum both are high valuable coin in crypto world and both have good performance in market. But if we can compare some price wise then bitcoin is more higher then ethereum but there is no issue in ethereum as well, Both are best option for investing.Advantages of bitcoin as compare to ethereum is more due to which demand of bitcoin is also more.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 518
February 07, 2018, 05:29:03 AM
Not a good thing to say which one is better because both of them are playing a big role in cryptoworld. Though we can compare their huge difference in terms of price but we also consider it difference in terms of used. As we value most in bitcoin, it is much better also if we include eth as this both coins brings crypto into popularity. 
Activity: 1274
Merit: 259
February 07, 2018, 04:56:48 AM
Bitcoin vs Ethereum? Do they have to quarrel, of course not.
I think Bitcoin stays on top of Ethereum. however, Ethereum is a good friend of bitcoin. they can do a good collaboration for the development of digital currency in the future.
Activity: 142
February 07, 2018, 04:51:10 AM
Both Ethereum and Bitcoin are cryptography-based systems. The main difference lies in the purpose. While the most commonly known purpose of Bitcoin is digital payments, Ethereum is supposed to be used for digital contracts. Both use encryption and time-stamping. Both imply currencies.

As Bitcoin is a currency within the Blockchain environment, Ether is currency within the Ethereum environment.
Ethereum also positions itself as a programming language (EtherScript), Bitcoin does not.

Well, to go past the details, in short, Bitcoin is an alternative currency, while Ethereum is the alternative law.
Activity: 434
Merit: 117
February 07, 2018, 04:48:03 AM
Bitcoin is using blockchain 1.0 while Ethereum uaing blockchain 2.0. Both of them are very strong cryptocurrency. Those two are also the coins that conquer the cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 41
February 07, 2018, 04:47:55 AM
Ethereum is a much more general idea. A good analogy is that Bitcoin is like email, an SMTP protocol that runs on top of TCP/IP. Ethereum is aspiring to be the decentralized, blockchain version of TCP/IP. Is email better than the internet? Huh
Activity: 27
February 07, 2018, 04:45:01 AM
Better is subjective, but there’s a few differences between them that make it appealing to see Ether as “better” than Bitcoin.

There’s a few differences:

Bitcoin has a hard issue limit of 14million coins
Ethereum is “active” with decentralised applications using it to execute tasks / smart contracts. Bitcoin is “passive” and cannot work in the same way.
Bitcoin is mostly just a currency - Ether is a currency that is used within dapps.
It’s this use as an automated system that makes Ether appear better than Bitcoin, as it is embedded in a network of useful transactions.

This utility therefore future-proofs it a bit more in some people’s eyes, and makes it “better”.

Eventually Ethererum is planning to move to a system which is based on earned volume - so the more stakes a user has in the network the more Ether they receive as a reward. Bitcoin’s criticism is that it focuses on hardware mining that wastes computational power. By rewarding higher stakes, again Ethereum is more tied to utility.
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
February 07, 2018, 04:25:41 AM
Ether is the best among the two cryptocurrencies. Bitcoins transaction fees is high and the network congestion is also more chocked than Ethereum network. Ethereum is safer to use than bitcoins and I will always prefer it than bitcoins.

Bitcoin is still safer than Ethereum. But it is true that Bitcoin fees are high and sometimes network congestion takes  week. I got more Bitcoins atm but looking forward for a possible Ethereum additions.
Both are really good to choose but I guess the safest coin is Bitcoin than Ethereum. Both of this can really help many more people but bitcoin has the highest price than ethereum. Eventhough bitcoin will take months or weeks for them to pay but it is really okay because it really can help for everything.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
February 07, 2018, 04:24:46 AM
there is a difference between bitcoin and Ethereum, but it is temporary . it all depends on demand, in fact there is no difference. all this cryptocurrency and bears one meaning. so someone like that
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 07, 2018, 04:21:57 AM
I see the difference between bitcoin and etherum on supply and demand. keep in mind that market prices are influenced by the main factor of supply and demand.
okay back to topic, difference of bitcoin and etherm on supply and demand. supply on bitcoin is limited in the market, so bitcoin can rise to the moon in 2017, because when supply is limited, but demand continues to increase will make the price more expensive.
whereas etherum, etherum supply is not limited, although demand is increasing but supply from etherum is not limited, then the price is difficult to be like bitcoin.
Activity: 24
February 07, 2018, 04:13:05 AM
bitcoin is best because it is the first Crypto. bitcoin die is meant all crypto die Cheesy
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
February 07, 2018, 04:10:42 AM
Ether is the best among the two cryptocurrencies. Bitcoins transaction fees is high and the network congestion is also more chocked than Ethereum network. Ethereum is safer to use than bitcoins and I will always prefer it than bitcoins.

Bitcoin is still safer than Ethereum. But it is true that Bitcoin fees are high and sometimes network congestion takes  week. I got more Bitcoins atm but looking forward for a possible Ethereum additions.
Activity: 294
www.daxico.com
February 07, 2018, 02:05:32 AM
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
February 07, 2018, 01:53:01 AM
I think Ethereum is a better one because after I noticed and I learned Ethereum has a very good potential to keep going up because Ethereum is stable compared to bitcoin.
You can see the current bitcoin and ethereum, bitcoin continues to fall very deep but Ethereum just down slightly and then go up and the steps that have Ethereum is also still very long.
These both coins are fantastic but bitcoins are incredible too. Both have their own goods and bad but if you are especially talking boat being better, I think bitcoins take the lead. Reason is they are much more familiar than etheric. Prices are higher for bitcoins and they will be continuing to go higher and higher, much more than ETH.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
February 07, 2018, 01:17:15 AM
Actually, each of them got their own advantages whereas Bitcoin is obviously the People's Choice for being Top 1  while Ethereum has better attributes than it somehow and has a potential to beat it. So I think that an argument about which is better among the two is not necessarily needed since they are both reliable coins and already established a strong foundation in the market.

But if I'm asked what will I choose between them, I'll go for btc not because I don't like eth but only because of racticality. I prefer to use it because the digital wallet I'm currently using here in our country only supports btc which ables me to buy btc from it directly therefore I don't need to use exchanges anymore. That is hassle-free for me comparing if I pick eth.
There is no such way using which we can differentiate in between bitcoin and ETH as both of them are crypto coins having decentralized nature. In addition to this, both of the crypto coins are the top ranked crypto coins and most of the investors are investing their money into these crypto coins only.

However, ETH is mainly used for day trading while those who are having bitcoin are in a mood of long term holding of their coins.
Activity: 51
Merit: 3
February 06, 2018, 07:05:58 AM
Bitcoin is the father of all crypto currency and if bitcoin is not created the other cryptos will also not be created. For me, bitcoin is the best digital currency that continue to exist. Bitcoin is always the best digital currency compare to the etherium because it exist first and it much expensive. The etherium price has to do with the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 94
February 06, 2018, 06:35:39 AM
Here crypto-currencies were a kind of first step. Approximately 5 years ago bitcoin acted as the main crypto currency of several tens, existing at that time. But in the meantime, the Ethereum system has appeared and ascended, which is a kind of Bitcoin upgrade, creating a much more advanced service based on the very idea of ​​blockchain.
The fundamental difference here is that if the entire Bitcoin system is just an exclusively transaction mechanism. With the recording of them in the blockchain with the added opportunity to generate new bitcoins. With which, and transactions are carried out. Ethereum extends this field to the ability to carry out any transactions of any kind, also without certification by any central authority or any third party.
Pages:
Jump to: