Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android - page 13. (Read 121199 times)

legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
June 28, 2013, 10:20:58 AM
In such cases its best to report a bug via the app, because that includes your logfile and (optionally) a dump of your wallet.

The longer you wait with this, the smaller the chances we'll find the issue.

For feature request its best to use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/bitcoin-wallet/issues/list

If you reset the blockchain, your outgoing stuck tx should be either gone or confirmed - depending on if they made it into the blockchain.

Either way, the Bitcoins will not be lost.

Ok, i have done that. i still have a micro balance now and i managed to export and decrypt private key. (its 52 characters in length and starts with L). I tried to redeem it at Mtgox but it says the wallet has no coins in it?? So then i checked importing it at blockchain wallet and it DOES have the micro coins balance in it. The missing coins totals to only 0.3xxx BTC... but I am worried about whether to continue using it and telling friends to cease using it also it the wallet has issues with it. I'm just glad that i moved 16.2 BTC out before doing the reset.

Thanks again.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hack the planet!
June 28, 2013, 10:05:12 AM
Apparently was the box for inputting the fee removed in version 3.09 [link]. Now it's instead calculated in the underlying library bitcoinj. How does this work? Is it still possible to do transactions with a fee of 0 BTC?
Activity: 483
Merit: 501
June 28, 2013, 09:49:13 AM
In such cases its best to report a bug via the app, because that includes your logfile and (optionally) a dump of your wallet.

The longer you wait with this, the smaller the chances we'll find the issue.

For feature request its best to use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/bitcoin-wallet/issues/list

If you reset the blockchain, your outgoing stuck tx should be either gone or confirmed - depending on if they made it into the blockchain.

Either way, the Bitcoins will not be lost.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
June 28, 2013, 08:41:47 AM
had the same issues, but assumed it was my VPN config, because it always resumed after reboot w/o VPN.

then, feature request: shared sending of some sort. I dunno, maybe mikegogulski can make an api sorta thing and give you a rebate?
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
June 28, 2013, 08:28:04 AM
Hi all,

I have been using this app for some time with no problems. Then in the last few days the transactions would 'freeze' - stating that 'this transaction is not yet transmitted...' I waited a few days and finally sync'd the blockchain.

Now the balance in the wallet prior to sync and the transactions that was 'frozen' have disappeared. I have checked blockchain and not in there.

Anyone know what happened to my btc (both balance and pending)Huh

Re my private key on the phone - i have exported it encrypted and can find it when i hook it up to my pc, but how do i view/decrypt it? it says can use openssl etc but i have no idea how to do this Sad

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Nobody accepts bitcoin on the moon.
June 15, 2013, 01:20:29 PM
Hi Andreas...

I got a BlackBerry Q10 last week and installed your Bitcoin Wallet software from AppWorld.  It seems to work great!  Thanks for taking the time to port it!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
June 14, 2013, 01:55:59 PM
Heh. The Nexus 4 is much better than the S3, so if you like the S3, then that's good news for the future I guess.
June 14, 2013, 09:12:39 AM
I got a Samsung Galaxy S3.

I think the years when iPhone was the clear favourite is over - it's much better than my old iPhone 4 (which my neice will get as a freebie)

+1

(except for the implicit statement that iPhones have ever been favourable :-)
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066
June 14, 2013, 08:37:12 AM
I got a Samsung Galaxy S3.

I think the years when iPhone was the clear favourite is over - it's much better than my old iPhone 4 (which my niece will get as a freebie)
June 14, 2013, 06:59:29 AM
Great to hear! Which phone did you get?
legendary
Merit: 1066
June 14, 2013, 06:43:20 AM
Hi Andreas,

This week I have _finally_ moved over from an iPhone to an Android phone.
The first app I installed was you Bitcoin Wallet.

Good job !
It all runs pretty smoothly. I've got the private keys exported and then reimported them into a MultiBit wallet which is working fine too.

:-)
May 26, 2013, 05:31:04 AM
@phelix: Watch only wallets are planned exactly for this usecase. However, HD wallets should come first, because sharing keys will only be possible with HD wallets in a reliable way.

@2weiX: For now, I would put the backup file on an USB stick and put that into a safe. HD wallets will make it possible to write down the master key (more secure than printing btw.)

@stan.distortion: Thanks for pointing out the thread, I replied there.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
May 11, 2013, 09:23:05 AM
Hi, loving the client.

Question: I have a client with exactly one private key.
I'd like to export this encrypted key (done) and would like to print the private key to put it in my safe.
How would I best go about this?
legendary
Merit: 1019
May 08, 2013, 03:52:07 PM
As far as I understand it is pretty easy to take the coins from a stolen smartphone?

Is it possible to add a watch only wallet? This would be to receive coins at a store/restaurant/bar for example.

(German thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anleitung-um-einfach-bitcoins-als-zahlungsmittel-anzunehmen-197959)
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
May 06, 2013, 02:09:22 PM
It's planned, but there is still some work to do, and its not my top priority. One reason is it won't help in cases like yours: If an app has got root, it can probably just capture keypresses or trick you into signing their transaction. Encryption just puts the bar a little bit higher for a successful attack, but its far from a silver bullet.

Yep, I understood it Smiley
Thank you for your answer and the application (amazing app).

Just one more thing, the transaction on the "home" show something like :
1 BTC from ADDRESS

Would be great if ADDRESS was replaced by the label of our address.
May 06, 2013, 02:02:34 PM
great app but is there a way to encrypt the wallet ?
Is it not a problem if the wallet in the android application is not encrypted ?

Currently you can't. It should not be a problem because Android already isolates your app private files against all other non-root apps. So as long as you're not running anything as root you should be safe.

Alright thank you Smiley But I use root apps (ES Explorer for example).

So you better have reasons to trust these apps very well.

Are there plans to implement this feature ?

It's planned, but there is still some work to do, and its not my top priority. One reason is it won't help in cases like yours: If an app has got root, it can probably just capture keypresses or trick you into signing their transaction. Encryption just puts the bar a little bit higher for a successful attack, but its far from a silver bullet.
May 06, 2013, 01:46:45 PM

Currently you can't. It should not be a problem because Android already isolates your app private files against all other non-root apps. So as long as you're not running anything as root you should be safe.

Alright thank you Smiley But I use root apps (ES Explorer for example).
Are there plans to implement this feature ?

Thank you Smiley
May 06, 2013, 01:04:43 PM

May 06, 2013, 12:30:41 PM
Hi,

Thank you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
May 01, 2013, 05:09:59 PM
That is a bug. If you reset your chain and let it sync that should fix it.
Yes, it did fix it. Looks great now.  Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: