Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread) - page 14. (Read 36646 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
Micon, you do realize that hundreds of people have taken high resolution photos with real cameras of our equipment this week.

What's the point of taking pictures of empty boxes?

You said yourself in an interview that you posted on your website :

David Perry: "So this is just a case ... you don't actually have ASICs ready?
Josh: "Um... right ... but we are eagerly awaiting them as everybody else I'm sure ..."
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
If Josh have nothing to say to investors, he will probably will have to something to say to SEC
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
and posted in this thread that I would be back tomorrow film a fact-based analysis of what equipment Butterfly Labs brought to CES and how they cannot demonstrate even one ASIC mining chip I knew when I walked in they wouldn't show off the devices and let someone inventory the 7 items or photograph them closely with the whatever megapixel camera I'm carrying around in this phablet.  

BFL brought a box of fans + 3 cases + 2 Androids + 1 FPGA miner that my or may not work.  This is fact.  I come to film this, they call CES security. Maybe another reporter can go and photograph and film the equipment tomorrow during the last day of CES and ask them why they bothered to bring the box of fans.

Micon, you do realize that hundreds of people have taken high resolution photos with real cameras of our equipment this week.  Up close and personal.  You would have been welcome to as well if you were not stomping around, twitching and cussing at the booth people, fake pass and all.  Also, you fail to note that I made absolutely no attempt to stop you from filming anything and you could, in fact, have filmed the equipment up close if you so chose.  But you to try to be cute and "interview" me the same way you "interviewed" Dave, which I have no doubt would have resulted in you stomping around and cussing at people again.

If you really want photos, I suspect you can contact the Bitclocker folks for some.  They came by and were very friendly and interesting to talk to.  I even disassembled the minirig for them to snap pictures of the inside of the "box of fans."  They took a number of up close pictures of both the singles and the minirig... I'm sure they can supply you with "megapixel" quality shots equivalent to your "totally awesome" Galaxy Note 2.

But you were right about one thing... I do regret that encounter.  I still can't get the smell of your BO out of my nose, ugh.

Hey Josh,

You have to resort to kindergarten type insults to deflect attention concerning your NONEXISTENT ASIC devices that are now at least 70 days late on delivery?

You fail so hard! lol

Go buy a fucking clue.  Grin Grin Grin
Clown prophet
I'll just leave it here. Image is clickable.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
That's why i put it in quotes so I could define anyway I wish. Like for example it is the opposite of what you took it to mean.

You don't change the definition of a word by quoting it. Way to be misunderstood... 2nd time I say it: you need to learn to communicate more clearly, if you want to be understood.

I can change the definition to mean what I want it to. Whether or not you GET IT does not matter to me. You have no control over what I choose to have a word mean or not. Nor do I care if you understand me or not in a clear manner. You actually think that I CARE IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ME.

You fail hard. So hard that you resort to betting and insisting that people put money on the line because of what I believe or not to be true.

You make tons of assumptions.

Keep failing hard.

AGAIN I ASK: HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE IN BFL PREORDERS? OH RIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE EMBARRASSED TO SHARE THAT INFO LOL!!!

Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
and posted in this thread that I would be back tomorrow film a fact-based analysis of what equipment Butterfly Labs brought to CES and how they cannot demonstrate even one ASIC mining chip I knew when I walked in they wouldn't show off the devices and let someone inventory the 7 items or photograph them closely with the whatever megapixel camera I'm carrying around in this phablet.  

BFL brought a box of fans + 3 cases + 2 Androids + 1 FPGA miner that my or may not work.  This is fact.  I come to film this, they call CES security. Maybe another reporter can go and photograph and film the equipment tomorrow during the last day of CES and ask them why they bothered to bring the box of fans.

Micon, you do realize that hundreds of people have taken high resolution photos with real cameras of our equipment this week.  Up close and personal.  You would have been welcome to as well if you were not stomping around, twitching and cussing at the booth people, fake pass and all.  Also, you fail to note that I made absolutely no attempt to stop you from filming anything and you could, in fact, have filmed the equipment up close if you so chose.  But you to try to be cute and "interview" me the same way you "interviewed" Dave, which I have no doubt would have resulted in you stomping around and cussing at people again.

If you really want photos, I suspect you can contact the Bitclocker folks for some.  They came by and were very friendly and interesting to talk to.  I even disassembled the minirig for them to snap pictures of the inside of the "box of fans."  They took a number of up close pictures of both the singles and the minirig... I'm sure they can supply you with "megapixel" quality shots equivalent to your "totally awesome" Galaxy Note 2.

But you were right about one thing... I do regret that encounter.  I still can't get the smell of your BO out of my nose, ugh.

Bitclockers is still around? I would have thought they'd be dumped and abandoned as miners went to honest pools that don't steal from them.
Activity: 518
This is why we can't have nice things.
Clown prophet
Yeah! I got this closeup photo! Nice one!

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
Put your money where your mouth is: bet against "Butterfly Labs ASIC is real".

If you are right that BFL are scammers, then you will roughly triple your coins (there is only 51.55 BTC on your side, but 109.74 BTC on mine). But I suppose you are going to invent some excuse for not betting, like every single person in my sig...

I, too like to check on betsofbitco.in to see the latest estimates of ASIC and other events but I don't need to bet myself to use it as an indicator. Those invested in BFL surely are the most interested betters in this bet and maybe even BFL team members take side in an attempt to drive trust but no matter what, 60% confidence in a business not being a scam is a terrible standing. They lack PR big time and the only investments in PR are adwords to buy more? Seriously?
I don't have an opinion on whether they are scammers or not apart from that bet and "not shipping" might just as well include having produced chips that cost all the money but didn't work but what's the point in going to the CES when it produces 100% negative news? No announcement¹ that would justify going there and what on earth are they selling to the people that come to the boot without a clue about bitcoin? Is there any video of their average Joe pitch?

¹Ok, as an android developer, the android miner got me a little interested but I have no clue how hard it is. Maybe a $2k job, maybe a $20k job.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
It could be worse. Imagine Amir Taaki being at that booth.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
I wonder when Bitcoin-facing businesses, BFL included, will realize that conferences, trade shows, and such are an opportunity to introduce Bitcoin to the uninitiated, instead of wasting time preaching to the choir or staging incestoid incidents related to issues only bitcoiners understand. Specifically, BFL should have made their working FPGA the centerpiece, instead of the highly controversial, and in fact sensitive, topic of ASICs. Non-bitcoiners really don't give a damn, and we all just look stupid in front of them. Bitcoin looks stupid. Inaba and Micon are actually on the same team - the team that has been doing damage, no matter what their intentions are. I hope they realize this, and finally focus properly when it comes to public events. Public events - this forum included.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Way to go, Josh. You're one rude motherfucker and probably the worst PR person to ever work in business (second one being Michael O'Leary who is at least funny). At least you drove off more potential victims.

Also this
Where on Earth are people getting $25M and $30M in preorders from? There's absolutely nothing indicating that they've sold anything close to that.
I wonder how much they've really got in preorders.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Where on Earth are people getting $25M and $30M in preorders from? There's absolutely nothing indicating that they've sold anything close to that.
legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
Too bad the whole thread turned into a "BFL-Scam?" discussion.
This is a valid discussion in itself, but I was hoping to hear more about CES, BitPay and resonance..

Ente

In addition to the shocking BFL confrontation, this 13-minute video mostly focuses on Bitpay and the boys are obviously doing the good work and deserve their round of funding IMO.

To better achieve the goal of "let's bring the real bitcoin discussion to CES, i.e. Bitpay" then don't share a booth with an obvious scammer.

legendary
FPV Drone Pilot
Also, don't ever cuss at my employees, especially in public.

Here is my unedited video of our interaction cued to the point where I ask you to show me your hardware then you childishly say:

"I can't hear you over your fucking stupidity"

and then proceed to hand me a quarter:

http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m40s
Activity: 1162
This is a valid discussion in itself, ...

There was a poll/discussion some time ago - but the mods thought it's off-topic:

[POLL] Should BFL get a Scammer tag?
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
This is a valid discussion in itself, but I was hoping to hear more about CES, BitPay and resonance..

Ente
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

+1 / good idea

I have a 13 day old daughter but I promise to give this attention in the next few days and we will wager.  I'm very google-able in that I wager large amounts all the time.  You can prove a large wallet or something?

Congrats to new dad!

Yes, see: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1447806
(Let's move out of this thread.)
Pages:
Jump to: