Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin will be at CES2013 (Official Thread) - page 13. (Read 36646 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Everyone should probably just start ignoring/stop responding to lucif & co.

This was such a great thread until people allowed them to derail it.  If BFL doesn't deliver it doesn't deliver and we go from there. Allowing them to just rant and feed off your tears helps no one. Cheesy

BTW: I don't have any ASIC pre-ordered from anyone nor do I plan to.

+1

I just get a little pissed, because the Forum had the most visitors today since 1 and 1/2 Years.

Most of them probably reading this thread (because of the CES) and those guys damaging this great opportunity because of the vapoware they bought.

Damn it, just discuss this in another thread. There is an extra scam accusation subforum.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Everyone should probably just start ignoring/stop responding to lucif & co.

This was such a great thread until people allowed them to derail it.  If BFL doesn't deliver it doesn't deliver and we go from there. Allowing them to just rant and feed off your tears helps no one. Cheesy

BTW: I don't have any ASIC pre-ordered from anyone nor do I plan to.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
All victims of BFL scam should contact SEC officers with reference to mentioned TCR request.
legendary
Could this BFL ASIC discussion be moved into one of the 100 Threads that are already there?

I hoped to read some informations about how the CES did here, but instead...

I just imagine, I have encounterd Bitcoin on the CES for the first Time, thought hey this sounds cool, find this forum and hey, there is even a discussion about the CES.

Than its all about a Fansinabox device. I would immediately leave.

Thanks Guys
No, Bitpay are participants in this $30M scam. All money went through them.

That's the same arguing as to make PayPal responsible for any scam bought through them.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Delayed shipping == scam ??
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
TCR Submitted Successfully - Reference Number: TCR1357902718572

Please refer to this number for futher correspondence with SEC officer regarding Butterfly Labs Inc case.
Did you ask for a refund of the miner(s) that you ordered?  Did BFL comply with the request?  If so, what is it you are filing a complaint about, exactly?
Clown prophet
Could this BFL ASIC discussion be moved into one of the 100 Threads that are already there?

I just imagine, I have encounterd Bitcoin on the CES for the first Time, thought hey this sounds cool, find this forum and hey, there is even a discussion about the CES.

Thanks Guys
Actually, at this point the reasonable thing is to make a bet on the actual site where bitcoin bets happen: BitBet.

Unlike the dubious venue the OP linked, the betting here is a little* richer. Also, you can use your own BTC addy as a refcode, just as I have.

So far the odds are something like 750 : 1 against BFL. Need more proof than that?

*For any value of a little that's much larger than a lot.

@Micon: go ahead.

I see there's a 10% error margin. That means that BFL could deliver a fully working ASIC unit doing 60GH/s but if it uses 67W instead of their claimed 60W (but still less than every competitor) then the answer still comes out as no. However, it doesn't actually say if "advertised spec" refers to the hashrate or to everything...
and posted in this thread that I would be back tomorrow film a fact-based analysis of what equipment Butterfly Labs brought to CES and how they cannot demonstrate even one ASIC mining chip

Why on earth would they have one chip? If they had chips at all, they would have thousands, and they would post photos of them being soldered on to PCBs and be shipping them. You know, they did say in advance that they wouldn't have hashing units, so you should have already known this, but I guess I can forgive you for not bothering to read their forums.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
I will overdeliver on this point.

Epic CES video being edited / uploaded.

teasers:

1)  I easily once again sneak in to CES
2)  BFL guy literally hands me an actual quarter (I have the quarter) and tells me to get a clue instead of talking with me about his product on display at CES
3)  I take a very informative and well-spoken interview from the Bitpay guys about their round of funding, and congratulated them on spreading the bitcoin gospel and generally working for good.  I further explained I am starting an ecig company and will be of course using bitpay as my bitcoin processor.
4)  start filming the box of fans & $100 androids & 3 plastic cases they brought to CES (from afar, they are sort of guarding their equipment at this point and I moved to the other side to interview the Bitpay guys) and explain that BFL has been given roughly 50x the amount of funding that bitpay has just received, but in the form of pre-orders.  At this point I'm pretty sure the BFL guys called Venetian security because...
5)  I get kicked out

Epic video on the way.  BFL a total scam, they act exactly as scammers would and I will show you a perfect side-by-side comparison of how a real business would look at CES vs. a total, utter scam.

Put your money where your mouth is: bet against "Butterfly Labs ASIC is real".

If you are right that BFL are scammers, then you will roughly triple your coins (there is only 51.55 BTC on your side, but 109.74 BTC on mine). But I suppose you are going to invent some excuse for not betting, like every single person in my sig...

Actually, at this point the reasonable thing is to make a bet on the actual site where bitcoin bets happen: BitBet.

Unlike the dubious venue the OP linked, the betting here is a little* richer. Also, you can use your own BTC addy as a refcode, just as I have.

So far the odds are something like 750 : 1 against BFL. Need more proof than that?

*For any value of a little that's much larger than a lot.

@Micon: go ahead.
legendary

Thanks Guys
Clown prophet
TCR Submitted Successfully - Reference Number: TCR1357902718572

Please refer to this number for futher correspondence with SEC officer regarding Butterfly Labs Inc case.
Activity: 1162
I've already requested Josh's video on the BFL forums.

He won't publish it. All you get from Josh are weasel comments & excuses & blatant lies.
Activity: 518
This thread is starting to sound like an online religious debate. And perhaps it is.

I think it's more that the conspiracy theorists are just really, really pumped that one of their conspiracies may just possibly for once prove to be true!

I, on the other hand, wish people would just express their doubts and chill out. They ain't doin' nobodies no favors flipping out and ranting like a crazy person.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
For those of you wondering why I told him to buy a clue, he was berating one of my employees and cussing at them, in public, at our booth and making a general scene yesterday, stomping around and yelling "IS IT JUST A FUCKING BOX WITH A FANS?!" over and over. Yes, he was literally stomping around like a child.  I figured that was the end of it, but apparently he decided to show up again today, so I was ready for him.

Of course I am not going to speak about the financials of BFL, but anyone with even a modicum of common sense would understand that 20k Bitcoins while not quite a trivial amount, is a tiny fraction.

So, are you disputing the part where your scam wasted a lot of people's BTC and trying to convince us it really is very little, or are you actually denying your product at the CES is a box of fans?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Josh has selective responses. Can't admit what the truth is. Next week will be more excuses why the ASIC chips are delayed.

Those who preordered should cancel, get a refund, and just buy bitcoins that is much more productive investing.
Activity: 740
Hello world!
This thread is starting to sound like an online religious debate. And perhaps it is.
Activity: 1162
Oh get a tape measure out and just finish the pissing content already...

One of you will be saying "I told you so" in the near future. The other will slink off having been ridiculed by the entire Bitcoin community.
Until that point, chill the hell out...

Go back to BFL lala land forums and shut the f*uck up.
legendary
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
and posted in this thread that I would be back tomorrow film a fact-based analysis of what equipment Butterfly Labs brought to CES and how they cannot demonstrate even one ASIC mining chip I knew when I walked in they wouldn't show off the devices and let someone inventory the 7 items or photograph them closely with the whatever megapixel camera I'm carrying around in this phablet.  

BFL brought a box of fans + 3 cases + 2 Androids + 1 FPGA miner that my or may not work.  This is fact.  I come to film this, they call CES security. Maybe another reporter can go and photograph and film the equipment tomorrow during the last day of CES and ask them why they bothered to bring the box of fans.

Micon, you do realize that hundreds of people have taken high resolution photos with real cameras of our equipment this week.  Up close and personal.  You would have been welcome to as well if you were not stomping around, twitching and cussing at the booth people, fake pass and all.  Also, you fail to note that I made absolutely no attempt to stop you from filming anything and you could, in fact, have filmed the equipment up close if you so chose.  But you to try to be cute and "interview" me the same way you "interviewed" Dave, which I have no doubt would have resulted in you stomping around and cussing at people again.

If you really want photos, I suspect you can contact the Bitclocker folks for some.  They came by and were very friendly and interesting to talk to.  I even disassembled the minirig for them to snap pictures of the inside of the "box of fans."  They took a number of up close pictures of both the singles and the minirig... I'm sure they can supply you with "megapixel" quality shots equivalent to your "totally awesome" Galaxy Note 2.

But you were right about one thing... I do regret that encounter.  I still can't get the smell of your BO out of my nose, ugh.

1)  The general hubris you display both IRL and on these forums will be your downfall.

2)  You claim a few time I was "Stomping around" and "cussing" at the Bitpay booth.  Here is a cued video of you cussing at me:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m40s  if you would like more context, rewind a bit:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m19s  

3) I saw Dave recording me while I was recording you.  You say many times I was the one stomping around and cussing go ahead and post your unedited video as I have.  Let's take a look and see who is lying.

4)  My galaxy Note 2 is > than both your $100 Androids that you brought to CES.  Making fun of the device, arguable the hottest Android phone out there, makes you look even more foolish than when you handed me a quarter at CES.

5)  The cold, hard truth stares you in the face, and you will never reply publicly to the fact-based account of the equipment you brought to CES:

3x plastic cases
1 Box of fans
1 FPGA miner, working condition unknown
2x ~$100 Androids

obviously you wont' be responding to #5.

Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Liar, liar, pants on fire.
Pages:
Jump to: