Pages:
Author

Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden. - page 15. (Read 30961 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
June 12, 2013, 03:54:06 PM
We all knew it .. doesn't make it right. They have been doing their damnedest by lying, denying, obfuscating, changing the laws and secret rulings etc to stay out of court about it.

Now they have to face the music for what are criminal actions.

They can stick their transactions graphs right up their backsides ... piss off with your snooping, who needs it in a free society?

I agree with you.
Anyone who has been reading the news has known that the NSA was monitoring transatlantic communication at the nodes of where the cables come into the US.

Also, the NSA is not looking at the actual content of our communication. They were merely creating a network graph of who talks to whom. Yes, that IS an intrusion, but they were working on the assumption that if you know who someone's friends are, you know who they are. I am interested in Bitcoin because I want to make money, and because I believe that if there is a form of currency that makes trade between individuals and small companies in different countries easier, the world will benefit.  Snowden violated his employment agreement. He also screwed his life. He made a very bad investment.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this guy is a nimrod.

He throws away his life, all to tell us the profound news that the US Govt is snooping on our communications.

ROFL

Anyhow, I'll throw in a bitcoin... a bitcoin to whoever catches the rat.

Grin

no, we didn't know it.

we've long suspected it, but didn't know it.  especially in the ways Snowden described.

being able to "intercept" any one of us at any time.  you, me, your wife, your accountant, your banker, your local Google rep, etc.

plus, he put it the context of blatant disregard and hubris from his bosses at NSA.  we've got a problem and it's big.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2013, 10:50:17 AM
I agree with you.
Anyone who has been reading the news has known that the NSA was monitoring transatlantic communication at the nodes of where the cables come into the US.

Also, the NSA is not looking at the actual content of our communication. They were merely creating a network graph of who talks to whom. Yes, that IS an intrusion, but they were working on the assumption that if you know who someone's friends are, you know who they are. I am interested in Bitcoin because I want to make money, and because I believe that if there is a form of currency that makes trade between individuals and small companies in different countries easier, the world will benefit.  Snowden violated his employment agreement. He also screwed his life. He made a very bad investment.

He throws away his life, all to tell us the profound news that the US Govt is snooping on our communications.

ROFL

Grin

Did you listen to his interview? He said that he could wiretap anyone at any time from his workstation.  Judges, your neighbor, your accountant, even the President. I pay pretty close attention to the news and was not aware of this. Sure we all joke about it being true to an extent, but it's not like there are media outlets regularly informing us of this massive data aggregation. And it is absolutely massive and secret, seeing how all major tech and cellular companies are complicit, yet ordered to deny it when asked.

The man has more courage than most of us here, I can assure you of that.
Activity: 784
June 12, 2013, 09:40:21 AM
he probably knows alot more than you do about which is the safest place to go after doing what he's doing.
Maybe, but he does seem to be missing at the moment.  Whisked away to Beijing, perhaps, or maybe our National Hero is already living the high life in Russia?

It may sound like news to you, but Hong Kong indeed doesn't ultimately answer to Beijing, at least not always.
I have been Hong Kong (China too), so I am under no illusion that the people of Hong Kong live under the same strict regime as the people of mainland China.  That doesn't mean China isn't in control.  And Snowden seems to be betting on exactly that - if he is allowed to stay in HK, it will be because China has stepped in under Article 3 of the US-Hong Kong treaty (which allows Hong Kong to refuse to hand a person over if it believes that it might impact China's "defence, foreign affairs or essential public interest or policy").

If Snowden is that shrewd with politics(which I doubt), he should know that if China allows him to stay, she will get no credit because he is in Hong Kong, otherwise if he is handed back, it will be face-losing for China because she apparently chooses to cooperate with her assumed ideological archenemy, so yes, he indeed made the right bet, but only by coincidence I guess.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 12, 2013, 03:43:50 AM
he probably knows alot more than you do about which is the safest place to go after doing what he's doing.
Maybe, but he does seem to be missing at the moment.  Whisked away to Beijing, perhaps, or maybe our National Hero is already living the high life in Russia?

It may sound like news to you, but Hong Kong indeed doesn't ultimately answer to Beijing, at least not always.
I have been Hong Kong (China too), so I am under no illusion that the people of Hong Kong live under the same strict regime as the people of mainland China.  That doesn't mean China isn't in control.  And Snowden seems to be betting on exactly that - if he is allowed to stay in HK, it will be because China has stepped in under Article 3 of the US-Hong Kong treaty (which allows Hong Kong to refuse to hand a person over if it believes that it might impact China's "defence, foreign affairs or essential public interest or policy").

In HK? Do you think hongkongese will give him permanent residence. I don't think so. Hongkongese are brutal when it comes to accepting aliens in their milieu. Russia? I tell you Iceland is better.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 12, 2013, 03:06:27 AM
We all knew it .. doesn't make it right. They have been doing their damnedest by lying, denying, obfuscating, changing the laws and secret rulings etc to stay out of court about it.

Now they have to face the music for what are criminal actions.

They can stick their transactions graphs right up their backsides ... piss off with your snooping, who needs it in a free society?

I agree with you.

ROFL

Grin
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
June 12, 2013, 12:56:20 AM
I agree with you.

Also, the NSA is not looking at the actual content of our communication. They were merely creating a network graph of who talks to whom. Yes, that IS an intrusion, but they were working on the assumption that if you know who someone's friends are, you know who they are. I am interested in Bitcoin because I want to make money, and because I believe that if there is a form of currency that makes trade between individuals and small companies in different countries easier, the world will benefit.  Snowden violated his employment agreement. He also screwed his life. He made a very bad investment.

ROFL

Grin
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
June 12, 2013, 12:21:17 AM
NSA surveillance: anger mounts in Congress at 'spying on Americans'

After a closed-door briefing of the House of Representatives, lawmakers call for a review of the Patriot Act.

Europe warns US: you must respect the privacy of our citizens

EU officials demand answers on what data snooping programmes entail and whether they breach human rights.
Activity: 183
Merit: 111
June 12, 2013, 12:14:17 AM

ROFL

Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
June 11, 2013, 10:11:44 PM
The fact that he believed Obama's promises shows that he is not all that smart.

He will be caught.

This is a valid point.

Activity: 756
June 11, 2013, 09:46:22 PM
Smart or not smart, you can't escape from the hands of the USA govt.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
June 11, 2013, 09:45:43 PM
The fact that he believed Obama's promises shows that he is not all that smart.

He will be caught.
Activity: 756
June 11, 2013, 08:21:30 PM
Just read the news, they seemed to be trying to chase him to Hong Kong.  Safer for him to be in some remote islands.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
June 11, 2013, 07:37:39 PM
From what I have read, these are facts:

• He was not working for a foreign government
  • He did not reveal the info for money
  • He concluded that his agency was breaking the law
  • He was selective about what he revealed
  • He went public at a great personal cost

He revealed a CRIME in progress. 

I thought it interesting how Obama turned Bush-esque and said, even with a sort of stupid look on his face, "No one is listening to your phone calls."  Of course not.. He didn't say, which would have been accurate and more descriptive, "We are recording every one of your phone conversations and, should it prove useful, we can listen to the recording without anyone else knowing about it."

He revealed a crime of the highest order: treason.  The NSA was attacking the fundamentals of democracy (which I could explain in great detail at a later time). 
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Let's Start a Cryptolution!!
June 11, 2013, 07:21:29 PM
He is a gentleman and a scholar.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
June 11, 2013, 07:12:07 PM
... you must be particularly dense.

[snip]

Just think like Snowden that of all the crap you are going through in your life could actually be preparing you for a greater calling if you open your heart and mind to the truth and the good.
I guess I'm just not quite ready for my calling. Huh Blame it on my incredible density.

Respectfully, I'll bow out of this thread.  Go send your bitcoins to Snowden. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
June 11, 2013, 06:55:23 PM
He does not sound like a ChiCom to me:

The Guardian describes Snowden as intensely passionate about the value of privacy; his laptop displays stickers supporting internet freedom organizations including the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the Tor Project.  In the 2008 presidential election, Snowden voted for third-party candidates. He said he "believed in Obama's promises," yet "he continued with the policies of his predecessor."  For the 2012 election, political donation records indicate that he contributed to the primary campaign of Ron Paul.
So wtf was he doing at the NSA? Their sole purpose is to monitor comms.

... you must be particularly dense. His greater purpose was revealed to the world for all to see 3 days ago. Which part of that did you miss?

Without his privileged position (and years of graft) his statements would have been worthless. As they are, they pop the bubble of arrogance and cut through the thicket of laws, secret court rulings and red tape being used to cover up the govt. criminality. He is now a genuine witness to their crimes.

Keep trying to demonize the truth and you are looking worse and worse. Just think like Snowden that of all the crap you are going through in your life could actually be preparing you for a greater calling if you open your heart and mind to the truth and the good.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
June 11, 2013, 06:25:50 PM

The Guardian describes Snowden as intensely passionate about the value of privacy; his laptop displays stickers supporting internet freedom organizations including the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and the Tor Project.  In the 2008 presidential election, Snowden voted for third-party candidates. He said he "believed in Obama's promises," yet "he continued with the policies of his predecessor."  For the 2012 election, political donation records indicate that he contributed to the primary campaign of Ron Paul.
So wtf was he doing at the NSA? Their sole purpose is to monitor comms.
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
June 11, 2013, 05:26:26 PM
Collections for Snowden, with almost 0% chance of ever reaching him, are already up to $12,232:

http://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/reward-edward-snowden-for-courageously-leaking-nsa-docs/description
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
June 11, 2013, 03:56:10 PM
Interesting to see big media defending the government here. The whole Prism thing really has them on their heels.

I now wonder if Snowden becomes the straw that broke the camels back for others wanting to blow the whistle.
legendary
Activity: 905
June 11, 2013, 03:44:26 PM

Pages:
Jump to: