Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Youtube channel - what would you like to see? - page 6. (Read 13467 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
Bumping this thread.
Little more than three months without new episodes. Wondering how long his hiatus will last.
I thought of doing the same thing, but I didn't have the cojones like you do--though I did ask about it in my excellent thread on building a signature campaign-funded cryptocastle somewhere in utopia:

Whatever happened to the bitcointalk Youtube channel, anyway?  This would be a perfect subject for an episode should my idea come to fruition.

All stupidity aside, I really was expecting episodes to be a bit more regular than they have been.  I know the well couldn't have run dry as far as ideas go, so I'm wondering if it's a motivational problem on the part of the creators.  It's got to be tough to want to produce videos with as much production value as the ones we've seen so far when the reaction from the Youtube community has been almost nil.  Seems like all the excitement is expressed in this thread, which I'm sure is a little de-motivating.

Ah well, if the channel continues, it continues.  I'm grateful it at least got started after so much anticipation.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

No pressure but little hints would be appreciated..

I think that regularity in the content updates is quite essential. One monthly video published on the same date (the second Friday of the month, for example) could help keep the audience engaged and the hype going.
Having a weekly video and a three-month hiatus without any update let us wonder what happened to white bear (is this one the host name?)
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
Bumping this thread.
Little more than three months without new episodes. Wondering how long his hiatus will last.
No pressure!
Sometimes i check out on YouTube that if the channel is subscribed or not as there have been three months without any notification on my device and have posted the channel stats in my last post also to show how there was progressive growth but the last video has only 7.8k views and subs rate has also stopped at 256 so still hope we would have other one on the tracks soon with white bear host welcoming us back...

No pressure but little hints would be appreciated..
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Bumping this thread.
No pressure!
legendary
Okay so I am bumping this thread again because i just want to have some updates and share my views once again on the official forum channel after so long.

I know the lot has been going through all the time and you guys might be busy somewhere else and the videos got interrupted but they have generated a curiosity and interest among us that we desperately wait for them because they are sharing really cool and accurate information about the forum making it reach great audience and tell them about the different events associated with the forum.So you guy's need to keep them incoming to spread awareness and educate the people shutting down those crap youtubers shilling fake knowledge about bitcoin on YouTube.

Firstly congratulations to the team for providing gifts to the winners of the Community awards and giving their participation in the event held by @icopress and effectively managed by @GazetaBitcoin.So appreciate this effort by the channel team and making cool gift box with lazer printing and t-shirts also.

Now talking about the last vidoe Bitcointalk was hacked was really very useful for the members who are unaware about these past hacks in 2011,2013,2015 and the ways by which hackers gained access to the forum.Like the first one was through donator account and then @theymos locked the Satoshi's account on the forum.

The subsequent hacks were also mentioned and given out the information with all the orginal links to the resources so that viewers can check it themselves to have better idea about how it was done and read the post by @theymos explaining these hacks.I would say this was good and past explaining video for the forum and telling how the forum has improved over all these years.

So yo see these types of awareness content are really useful for the members as they learn about new things related to forum basically where they have accounts or will register in future.

Now shifting towards numerical aspects of the forum

Okay so now let's have some look at the channel stats to have rough understanding of the channel growth we have seen in past few months.See i am not channel adminstrator so don't have access to the accurate data but can show you some of the visible information to us as viewers.

BitcoinTalkShow YouTube Statistics

The Channel has 255 Subscribers with 5 videos being uploaded till now and this is the view counts of the videos:

You see how much growth the channel has made over these 5 videos only with maximum views reaching out to be 16k on community awards and 12k on first episode which were the most interesting part of the video.

Here is in detail view,likes and comments on each vidoe to understand them in more detail :

Video Title
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
Any updates on when the next episode will air ?
It’s been a while - I’m hoping that the Russian invasion hasn’t had an impact on anyone involved with this project . If it has , then PLEASE stay safe and well.

I don't think Russia is to blame here too :p

I mean Russia invaded Ukraine on 22-Feb but our latest episode blasted on 5-Feb so no really chance for Putin to hamper this.

But yes prayers for all the innocents victims, stay safe and no worries we can wait for the episode until peace Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
Any updates on when the next episode will air ?
It’s been a while - I’m hoping that the Russian invasion hasn’t had an impact on anyone involved with this project . If it has , then PLEASE stay safe and well.
Activity: 882
Merit: 5814
not your keys, not your coins!
Actually @Cyrus @BtcTalkShow it would be super cool if you set up a tip jar e.g. on your website.
It could be as simple as a bech32 QR code or as cool as a BOLT12 Lightning Offer.

We actually tried those here on the forum already and they seem to work just fine. You just need a C-Lightning node on the latest version and that's it. They allow you to have a static QR code, just like a Bitcoin bech32 QR code, but would allow to tip small amounts with little to no fee.
Some users may like to send e.g. 1€ per video watched, where even a minimum Bitcoin transaction fee of around 5-10 cents would make up a large percentage. These types of micro-transactions and micro-donations are one of the strongest applications for LN, hence I'd love to see some type of LN-baesd tip jar for TheBitcoinTalkShow!! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
The decentralised nature of an alternative will likely work against in terms of money making potential, and therefore popularity.
It doesn't have to be like that.
Youtube reached it's peak for sure and I think it's going to fall down in future like everything did in history, and something new will show up instead.
Nowadays almost nobody knows about AOL, Netscape and similar services but they ruled for years in the beginning of the internet.

That's why I suggest direct Bitcoin donations similar to Breez.
But staying on YouTube for the beginning at least, does make sense. Cross-posting to another site would be possible at the same time though, should be possible.
It's totally possible, and I know some people are using special services so everything is automatic and all they have to do is to upload video and select platforms they want.
I am not sure if you can find PeerTube there, but I know Vimeo, Twitch and other platforms are supported.
The decentralised nature of an alternative will likely work against in terms of money making potential, and therefore popularity.
That's why I suggest direct Bitcoin donations similar to Breez.
But staying on YouTube for the beginning at least, does make sense. Cross-posting to another site would be possible at the same time though, should be possible.
Activity: 504
Merit: 14
I know Who I AM
Just watch the last episode of Bitcointalk Hacked. I really love the Host Man. He is charming and really good to talk a cold topic like it is an intersing topic. And the whole video was So informative. Back in 2013-2015 there was so many attacks on BTT. And it is so crazy to thing everyone was warn to change there password  Shocked Shocked . And the stort about The hole Seeks where was cool with animation too  Grin  Grin . Just keep sir waiting for next episode.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
PeerTube seems to be interesting alternative, it's decentralized and some Bitcoiners created channels there, for example bitcointv.com (n0nce wrote about it above) is based on PeerTube.
People who stay on google and youtube will probably have to buy and learn special 1984 edition dictionary of allowed words soon  Undecided
Decentralisation is a great way of avoiding censorship in this case, however the popularity of a streaming/video service will largely depend on the amount of money that can be made, which unfortunately in our advertising friendly world, means companies don't want certain words, or phrases associated with their companies, and when they want to advertise directly censor the person who's advertising for them. So, Youtube has adapted to that because by banning these words, they'll earn money from advertisements themselves.

Youtube ten years ago was almost perfect, people were still making money albeit probably nothing in comparison to now, but they pretty much said whatever they liked, without much criticism, or fear of getting cancelled. Anyway, while I do think Bitcointalkshow should probably branch out, and get on as much alternatives as possible, the bread, and butter is definitely going to be with Youtube for the foreseeable future. I just don't see it changing, even if another alternative starts off by correcting Youtube's wrongs, they'll morph into Youtube 2.0 because of the pressure from advertisers that want to advertise on their platform.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
I know what you mean, I've recently successfully degoogled the phone, except for using a custom android rom of course, which you could argue is a Google product, but it's at least specifically designed to get rid of Google apps, and use open source alternatives, any way while you can use a Youtube app without signing in, and giving all your data to Google (newpipe via F-droid), there's still no true streaming services which is even close to competing. In fact, I don't think we'll see it anytime soon either.
Number of people who are joining alternative streaming platforms are growing every day, and it's not because those alternatives are better or offering something special, but because youtube censorship is at record levels now.
It's either that or speaking on yt in coded language so that stupid algorithm don't ban you or restrict your account for saying something that is against their weird rules.
PeerTube seems to be interesting alternative, it's decentralized and some Bitcoiners created channels there, for example bitcointv.com (n0nce wrote about it above) is based on PeerTube.
People who stay on google and youtube will probably have to buy and learn special 1984 edition dictionary of allowed words soon  Undecided
Sadly there will probably be a gap to the next episode, upgrades are underway:

https://twitter.com/BtcTalkShow/status/1491784636984217604
My 2 sats: It's great that you're already upgrading and expanding and whatnot, but I don't personally feel it's needed at least at this point. I'd prefer your time and money allocated to simply doing more episodes for now - the current equipment / video quality is top-notch already.
Technical upgrades can be 'nice to have' later down the road (like 4K video etc.), but in a channel's starting phase, especially after already being as polished as yours, I'd prefer producing more content first.

I just hate Google and wish there was a competitor viable enough such that the forum's channel didn't have to use their platform.
I suppose there's no chance of dual posting the videos on a site like Bitchute or some other video hosting site?
There are some alternatives, much better than centralized far-right politically connoted bitch* trash.
The Fediverse (a portmanteau of "federation" and "universe") is an ensemble of federated (i.e. interconnected) servers that are used for web publishing (i.e. social networking, microblogging, blogging, or websites) and file hosting, but which, while independently hosted, can communicate with each other. On different servers (instances), users can create so-called identities. These identities are able to communicate over the boundaries of the instances because the software running on the servers supports one or more communication protocols which follow an open standard.[1] As an identity on the fediverse, users are able to post text and other media, or to follow posts by other identities.[2] In some cases, users can even show or share data (video, audio, text, and other files) publicly or to a selected group of identities and allow other identities to edit other users' data (such as a calendar or an address book).
There even already exists a server in the Fediverse just for Bitcoin content and some big names already publish their videos there.
https://bitcointv.com/
While you can register on there, you can also register on your own instance, so any comment you publish, any image or video you yourself upload, stays on your own server instead of being uploaded and cloned to thousands of servers that you have no control of & stay there forever.

I would love to see BitcoinTalkShow at least mirror their videos on BitcoinTV (or their own Fediverse instance).
Since it has no ads though, it would be cool to also have a feature similar to the Breez podcast implementation where you can automatically donate via LN. The code is all open, so it should be possible to add this type of feature, if it's not available as some sort of plugin already.

Yes, the name was chosen *before* Metaverse was invented Cheesy

I'm not sure how well this all works though; still have to setup my own server and try subscribing to some channels etc., so I only know this project from a theoretical perspective.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
I already watch it but was lazy to add my boring comments here. Although the previous episode "Bitcointalk quiz" was little boring for anyone who's not been deep into to bitcointalk whole but was still fun for 343 people who views I opened 3 times on three different devices so I guess the number is 340. But damn from 343 views to 2.9k view good jump Bitcointalk show keep it up.
Yeah, I think its pretty difficult to cater for the existing audience (mostly from Bitcointalk), but also at the same time cater for a new audience without them knowing too much about the forum. The views suggest Cyrus, and the team are doing a good job of that though. Naturally, quizzes about the forum will be less likely to bring in new subscribers for the channel, but a historic event such as the hack, definitely will as it's more interesting to those that aren't familiar with it.

I just hate Google and wish there was a competitor viable enough such that the forum's channel didn't have to use their platform.

I suppose there's no chance of dual posting the videos on a site like Bitchute or some other video hosting site?
I know what you mean, I've recently successfully degoogled the phone, except for using a custom android rom of course, which you could argue is a Google product, but it's at least specifically designed to get rid of Google apps, and use open source alternatives, any way while you can use a Youtube app without signing in, and giving all your data to Google (newpipe via F-droid), there's still no true streaming services which is even close to competing. In fact, I don't think we'll see it anytime soon either.
Activity: 896
Merit: 584
BTC, a coin of today and tomorrow.
Had to say that due to some reasons was not able to watch the past two videos of my favourite show the BitcointalkShow and have kept aside this YouTube from many days because i was focusing on something but ended it last night and then came to this thread.
Welcome back and good you are done with what you were doing. This show is also my favourite show and I personally like the presenter. He does it well and professionally. Sorry to ask, I hope the last episode is "bitcointalk was hacked". That is what I watched last. Please if there is another episode, somebody should help me with a link. I don't want to miss any episode.
legendary
Had to say that due to some reasons was not able to watch the past two videos of my favourite show the BitcointalkShow and have kept aside this YouTube from many days because i was focusing on something but ended it last night and then came to this thread.

At one point I was the most active member in this thread and keeping the prominent discussion with members here was making me sad and it was hard for me.Will watch videos shortly and coming to make some realistic reviews about it but i know as expected the @Cyrus and team would have done lot of good work.Making some Post about it shortly.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 373
<------
Just gonna drop my thoughts about the Pilot episode,  Grin  , One of the smoothest channel introduction I have seen plus the Vulcan salute and a sign-off script "and for more corny outros as this one, I'll see you in the next one! Bye!"

Very catchy Cheesy, congratulations!

English not being my 1st language, I tend to mishear some words so 'twas a good thing to have subtitles.

Here's the autogenerated transcript of the pilot episode.(the English version is surprisingly very accurate based on my own hearing prowess).
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57708645

p.s.

Sorry missed the premiere!
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
BitcoinTalk was hacked! Cyrus will surprise you like one, one of best episode if I say and and almost 3k views have proven it.

I already watch it but was lazy to add my boring comments here. Although the previous episode "Bitcointalk quiz" was little boring for anyone who's not been deep into to bitcointalk whole but was still fun for 343 people who views I opened 3 times on three different devices so I guess the number is 340. But damn from 343 views to 2.9k view good jump Bitcointalk show keep it up.

Last but not the least why the video title changed to "[UNREALEASED] BitcoinTalk was hacked!" unreleased? what does it mean?

The last clip of that hack was the best and that reminds me of my uni days and the great agent Alexander Mahone, he was Satoshi of Prison Break, someone would say Michael Scofield but in this series I would rate him above Michael.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
I wonder why is he still a newbie member with 352 merits  Cheesy

There is no need for any ''special treatment'' for BtcTalkShow or anyone else in forum.
I agree, and that account will climb the ranks as fast as the algorithm will allow given the rate at which it's earning merits--just the way it should be for any member of bitcointalk.

And egads, I've been lax in watching the channel as of late!  However, I finally logged into my account (which I hate doing) and will do some catching up in a few minutes.  I'm sure some thumbs up will be coming the channel's way.  And yes, I know I can watch the videos without being logged in, but it's nice to be able to leave comments and said thumbs up, which can't be done when you're logged out.  I just hate Google and wish there was a competitor viable enough such that the forum's channel didn't have to use their platform.

Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org