Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcointalk Youtube channel - what would you like to see? - page 7. (Read 13467 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

Alternatively... you could check out this cool new vanity URL here: http://bta.lk/bitcointalk-community-awards-2021

That’s so awesome!
But this specific link is also broken!
I am going to rework all my link with this shortener!
Activity: 23
Merit: 533
Hey everyone!

BitcoinTalk was hacked! Relax... not right now and if you're here for this long you must be doing at least something right.
Hey!
I am an old bit coiner.
Don't do this kind of jokes...Ye old pump here cannot stand such emotions!
Once again, great job,
And I also spread the news on other Social media!
Didn't mean to startle anyone, sorry about that! It was my idea to present it like that to get a bit of attention - though tried to make it clear from the title that it wasn't an actual PSA.

Hello it’s Friday again. And like a random YouTube junkie, I am expecting my weekly dose of the Bitcointalk show.
Hopefully my addiction will be soon satisfied!
We have and get every day her on Bitcointalk some kind of show from some Users Cheesy  
But yeah same here , i looking forward to next episode for sure .
Dont know if they have already done some more Episodes and content in once so they have time for making new one.
I vaguely recall Cyrus mentioning a first batch of filming had been already done. I also remember part of the teaser with more shirt being thrown on the rack, so yes, I do expect more episodes!
Sadly there will probably be a gap to the next episode, upgrades are underway:
https://i.ibb.co/MCzDYTV/Bitcoin-Liberation-Army.png
https://twitter.com/BtcTalkShow/status/1491784636984217604
But on the good side, more episode will be coming, eventually!  Cheesy

@The Pharmacist
I saw this picture today and it reminded me of you. I think it was you who talked about the ridiculous thumbnails on YouTube videos and how they all look the same. Take a look at this gem below.
It's probably in reference to this picture:
It also became viral on /r/Bitcoin recently.

maybe in a future episode a brief mention (and a montage perhaps) of the insane alt sections topics from back then? although maybe its still like that lol i dont go there anymore really.
We got ya! Though it will probably take a while to get to that.

Perhaps though in the ( nearish ) future it may be worth focusing less on any negative aspects, ie hacks etc, and focusing on  the overwhelming positive things that have happened on the forum
We got ya too!

@Cyrus: Any chance you can give BtcTalkShow an avatar? TheBitcoinTalkShow's logo would be appropriate Smiley
I wonder why is he still a newbie member with 352 merits  Cheesy
Copper membership or just a bit more activity and he can add avatar himself, and there will be no more need to Cyrus assisting and babysitting him.
There is no need for any ''special treatment'' for BtcTalkShow or anyone else in forum.
Thank you for all the merits guys! FWIW Cyrus isn't babysitting me at all! PS: Pls buy me a Copper Membership so that the I could post beautiful pictures like the one from Twitter in this post  Cheesy

Speaking of merits and thank you, we're honored to be voted as Event of the year in the BitcoinTalk Community Awards 2021, please check it out if you haven't.
Link in the News header and here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/voting-2021-bitcointalk-community-awards-5382917

Alternatively... you could check out this cool new vanity URL here: http://bta.lk/t/bitcointalk-community-awards-2021
Details about that here: https://bta.lk/t/unofficial-bitcointalk-link-shortener
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
@Cyrus: Any chance you can give BtcTalkShow an avatar? TheBitcoinTalkShow's logo would be appropriate Smiley
I wonder why is he still a newbie member with 352 merits  Cheesy
Copper membership or just a bit more activity and he can add avatar himself, and there will be no more need to Cyrus assisting and babysitting him.
There is no need for any ''special treatment'' for BtcTalkShow or anyone else in forum.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
Loved the show again - full respect and kudos  Smiley
Perhaps though in the ( nearish ) future it may be worth focusing less on any negative aspects, ie hacks etc, and focusing on  the overwhelming positive things that have happened on the forum
- how many BTC and equivalent USD have been given to charities
- the major influence bitcointalk has had on the adoption BTC
- the amount of scams exposed by members of bitcointalk
Etc
Sorry , just my 2 stats.
legendary
Hello it’s Friday again. And like a random YouTube junkie, I am expecting my weekly dose of the Bitcointalk show.
We have and get every day her on Bitcointalk some kind of show from some Users Cheesy 
Dont know if they have already done some more Episodes and content in once so they have time for making new one.

I vaguely recall Cyrus mentioning a first batch of filming had been already done. I also remember part of the teaser with more shirt being thrown on the rack, so yes, I do expect more episodes!
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030

legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

sorta kinda (ok not really) related to that crazy youtube stills..

it reminds me around maybe 2013 (?) when alts 1st got traction here at bitcointalk.. the alt section was chock full of "BUY BUY BUY [random shitcoin] MOONING!!!!" and "SELL SELL SELL [bitcoin or something] and buy [random shitcoin] instead!!!" as scumball peeps tried to pump and dump the various alt markets.

it was especially memorable as i got a coworker to check out the forum around that time and she was like "these people are craaaaaaazeeeeee" lol. i did say ignore everything but bitcoin and hopefully she did (i retired shorty after this so am unsure what happened with her).

maybe in a future episode a brief mention (and a montage perhaps) of the insane alt sections topics from back then? although maybe its still like that lol i dont go there anymore really.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
@The Pharmacist
I saw this picture today and it reminded me of you. I think it was you who talked about the ridiculous thumbnails on YouTube videos and how they all look the same. Take a look at this gem below.

Image source

I am glad I was able to enjoy YouYube before it turned to what it is today. Although I don't think all videos and Youtubers have bad content, but I do think too much of it is sponsored. Sorry if the image was posted before, I didn't want to go through 27 pages to check. 
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
really liked this episode, especially as i joined in july 2011 and a couple months later the forum had the cosby hack.

my intro to the wild and wacky world of bitcointalk lol

good times

thanks for the memories.. soooo many memories heh
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
BitcoinTalk was hacked! Relax... not right now and if you're here for this long you must be doing at least something right.
But in this episode we talk about the history of BitcoinTalk hacks.
Bitcoin is hacked by FBI
A great episode. This show gets interesting the more each episode is released. It's a kind of fun for me watching it, but I'm sure it was horrible for people that witnessed the hack.
Thanks to Theymos and his team for recovering the site from the custody of the hackers. Who knows there might not be bitcointalk.org now.

For proposed travelling, it will great, just that the world now is not safe for travels. If you can replicate yourself in someone resident in these countries to make and send the videos pending when the world will normalise. Though, the quality won't be what you used to give us.

I practically increased the volume of my gadget at the end of the show when I was instructed  Grin
What a talented choirmaster.
#Long_live_bitcoin
#Long_live_bitcointalk
#Long_live_btctalkshow
copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1898
Amazon Prime Member #7

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/oe0Ev1z_JXA
Fun episode. I knew that bitcointalk was hacked in its very early days, but did not know the harm was mostly harmless vandalism (although the hacker could have stolen sensitive information without detection).

I understand the reason the new forum software has not been implemented is in large part due to security concerns. In the past, hacking the forum was very valuable due to the large amount of business conducted on the forum. This is less true today, so it may be possible that the security bounties may outweigh the amount that could be stolen via hacking the forum. Perhaps the security of the new forum software could be validated by offering security bounties on the new forum software for a ~year, and waiting for reports.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
I got shocked again when i readed the line " BitcoinTalk was hacked! " damn you got me first on that !
Very nice and awesome good Video again with the quality and sound , looks like you got a nice good equipment for it.
Also the content and the explanation about the Hacks and the story for each are good , another great episode, well done.
Looking exciting forward to the next and coming ones.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Also, what do we think about maybe traveling and doing some live coverage from events and Bitcoin/crypto related places. EG: Bitcoin 2022 in Miami, Bitcoin Beach in El Salvador, etc. Things to consider... traveling is not very easy right now and self-funding this wouldn't really be a good way.
When you mentioned El Salvador, how great would it be to make a special at their volcano-powered Bitcoin mining farm! It would surely not be an easy feat, but if you managed to pull that off, the channel would grow like crazy. Imagine an episode in front of El Salvador's mining gear with maybe an interview with some of the people responsible for the day-to-day operations? 
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Cool video documenting history of bitcointalk, and your channel is slowly growing in number of subscribers, 121 and counting.
Can you go even further in history and talk more how bitcointalk forum was created, this is controversial topic and people have different opinions.
Note that maybe you would need to explore and confirm this from several source including theymos, but expect some negative comments from trolls.

And I also spread the news on other Social media!
Do you have some super smart bot or a script that is auto-posting your forum posts in twitter?  Cheesy

Activity: 1260
Merit: 957
I finally had the opportunity to watch the last two great videos. I have to admit the presentation of the presenter is excellent. Nowadays I'm not successful at concentrating somethings but he was able to steal all my attention Smiley The first video was really fun, I failed because I didn't know much about most of the questions. But what was more fun than the video was the presenter's reactions Smiley
For the second video, for a moment, I wished I had met bitcoin back then, and I was willing to face these hacks. But in Turkey we say " Geç olsun güç olmasın " means like better late than never.

I'm eagerly waiting for new episodes  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
Another great video [even though it gave me a mini heart attack for clicking the link prior to reading the other parts in your post].
- Am I correct in assuming that by using "[UNREALEASED]" in its title, it was meant to be an unlisted youtube video [if that's the case, then it's still appearing in BitcoinTalkShow's channel]?

Yeah, I actually only saw a YouTube notification for the new video, and all I saw was the title. I really thought something terrible had happened to our beloved forum. But as it turns out, it was just a walk along the history lane of all bitcointalk hacks. Thank goodness!

Good episode, I really enjoyed it.

Ditto!

I had that mini heart attack too for the briefest of moments when I
got the Tweet.

Very interesting episode, not too long, I didnt realise the forum was hacked
so many times  Huh suppose thats the idea of the channel.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
Another great video [even though it gave me a mini heart attack for clicking the link prior to reading the other parts in your post].
- Am I correct in assuming that by using "[UNREALEASED]" in its title, it was meant to be an unlisted youtube video [if that's the case, then it's still appearing in BitcoinTalkShow's channel]?

Yeah, I actually only saw a YouTube notification for the new video, and all I saw was the title. I really thought something terrible had happened to our beloved forum. But as it turns out, it was just a walk along the history lane of all bitcointalk hacks. Thank goodness!

Good episode, I really enjoyed it.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Also, what do we think about maybe traveling and doing some live coverage from events and Bitcoin/crypto related places. EG: Bitcoin 2022 in Miami, Bitcoin Beach in El Salvador, etc. Things to consider... traveling is not very easy right now and self-funding this wouldn't really be a good way.
Anything that's "BTCitcoin-related + live" is music to my ears and it'd probably have a great audience retention rate.
- Perhaps it'd be better to keep it simple for now [e.g. local events or places] and later on when that situation improves, you can start expanding it to other places.

Pages:
Jump to: