Pages:
Author

Topic: BitcoinWiki.org – The First Multilingual CryptoWiki - page 18. (Read 1769 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Welcome! Well, we plan to implement a rating system so our educating portal will have different levels of experience for example newbies and mentors Smiley

What do you mean mentors?
Welcome to our bitcointalk thread  Smiley
Thanks for kind words. Our main page and list of categories are going to be renewed as part of our rebranding campaign. We're also gonna implement some new special features  Wink

Oh, i got it, thanks Smiley i'll be waiting for it
Activity: 181
Merit: 1
Hello. I just read your thread. Seems like nice project. what kind of special features are you talking about?

Welcome! Well, we plan to implement a rating system so our educating portal will have different levels of experience for example newbies and mentors Smiley
Activity: 31
Thanks for kind words. Our main page and list of categories are going to be renewed as part of our rebranding campaign. We're also gonna implement some new special features  Wink

Hello. I just read your thread. Seems like nice project. what kind of special features are you talking about?
Good project, guys! I've visited the main page but can't see the list of categories. Where should I go if I wanna read for example about wallets specifically?

Welcome to our bitcointalk thread  Smiley
Thanks for kind words. Our main page and list of categories are going to be renewed as part of our rebranding campaign. We're also gonna implement some new special features  Wink
Good project, guys! I've visited the main page but can't see the list of categories. Where should I go if I wanna read for example about wallets specifically?
Thank you. Your site is a great job and a video will be really helpful. Looking forward! Wink

Thank you for support! Keep in touch, lots of news are coming soon.
Activity: 48
Sure, you just need to practice a little bit more. Wiki-markup is not that complicated, you just gotta know basics. Moreover we're gonna to make our guide easier, create educational video and we've already launched the series of lessons in our Twitter account. You can just type #bitcoinwiki_study and see them all. There are just some lessons now, but soon there will be more Smiley

Thank you. Your site is a great job and a video will be really helpful. Looking forward! Wink
This wiki markup is not very easy for me. I edited some articles on your website and i always needed to look at the Help page. It was difficult to remember all rules, but i hope i will do it one day.

Sure, you just need to practice a little bit more. Wiki-markup is not that complicated, you just gotta know basics. Moreover we're gonna to make our guide easier, create educational video and we've already launched the series of lessons in our Twitter account. You can just type #bitcoinwiki_study and see them all. There are just some lessons now, but soon there will be more Smiley
Activity: 48
This wiki markup is not very easy for me. I edited some articles on your website and i always needed to look at the Help page. It was difficult to remember all rules, but i hope i will do it one day.
Thanks, i got it. I tried to create new article but it doesn't look right. How can I make titles and make all that beautiful stuff?

You're welcome! We are happy that you have joined the ranks of our authors Wink
You are talking about wiki-markup. For now you can see the markup guide by pressing "Help" on the top right of Bitcoinwiki.
To make titles of different levels just write the name of the title ==Like this==. ===Like this=== or ====Like this====
Activity: 47
Thank you for the support Smiley
You just have to type the name of the article in the search line. If such article already exist you can edit it. If it doesn't exist the system will offer you to create it. Press the red name of the article and start typing.

Thanks, i got it. I tried to create new article but it doesn't look right. How can I make titles and make all that beautiful stuff?
I like your project. I think it's helpful for newbies. By the way i've visited the main page and can't see the option to create an article. How can I do that?

Thank you for the support Smiley
You just have to type the name of the article in the search line. If such article already exist you can edit it. If it doesn't exist the system will offer you to create it. Press the red name of the article and start typing.
Activity: 47
I like your project. I think it's helpful for newbies. By the way i've visited the main page and can't see the option to create an article. How can I do that?
And you are right, there is no problem. If the information was taken from other websites, it is indicated at the bottom of the page in "Sources". Bitcoinwiki.org will also have the Creative Commons license very soon.

Thank you very much for your opinion Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Website looks nice and up-to-date with newest/upcoming bitcoin technology, but looks like some of the articles comes from https://en.bitcoin.it/ which is similar with your website. Is it mirror of that website?
Regardless, it's good website. But i suggest you to make the source more clear.
Thank you for your opinion! It could be that some paragraphs are similar to those that are published at en.bitcoin.it, because articles on our website are created by real people.
en.bitcoin.it is not a mirror of bitcoinwiki.org. We are completely new project that uses open wiki-markup. The main difference between that project and ours is that we try to edit articles to make them easier to read to ordinary people. Our goal as it was mentioned is educating people, not making another website for geeks Smiley

Also replying to this comment then Wink

It definitely shouldn't be a problem if you copy parts of articles from the Bitcoin.it wiki, as long as you give clear attribution to them and indicate where changes have been made. Their articles are licensed under 'CC BY 3.0' (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/), which is one of the most permissive CC licenses.

I can't really say that I agree with your vision that your project makes articles easier to read for ordinary people.
A wiki isn't really suitable for that, it's always a bit more targeted towards technical or more experienced users. Wouldn't a regular website or blog work better for that purpose?

Anyway, I still think it's a good thing that you're trying to make this information more accessible, just not fully convinced of the method, that's all.
If you need authors, I'm ready  Cool
I just need to register and then write articles, right? As I understand, only knowledge of wiki-markup is needed? Then my text will be moderated and published? Asking that just to understand how is it working.
Yes, you're right: just register, write and wait Smiley If your article is relevant and correct it will be published soon. What's important, if you don't know wiki-markup it's not a problem. Just email us with you article and our editors will publish it according to wiki-markup!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟
Wicked mate good on you for starting up such a cause and organization. A lot of people are going to benefit from this mainly the noobs they could use an education lesson or two Cheesy.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
If you need authors, I'm ready  Cool
I just need to register and then write articles, right? As I understand, only knowledge of wiki-markup is needed? Then my text will be moderated and published? Asking that just to understand how is it working.
Finally something new in the cryptoworld not connected with ICO! Great idea, education is very important. As I understand you write also about projects and different coins, right? It could be a way to make money Smiley
Good idea! We'll think about it. Thanks for your opinion Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: