Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast) - page 21. (Read 378421 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Updates?

Currently searching for a Canadian, to camp outside the data center waiting for will and terra to show up.

I would be willing to pay the group/ individual fees for the acquisition of funds im owed by will and terra.

I'm Canadian and my current employment contract ends in Sept.  I don't have my next lined up as I was planning on jet setting around the world for a couple months... Maybe I should just plan to be in Mtl for a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
So I signed up on this cryptomex thing weeks ago using the same email as on icedrill.io.
No sign of any assets in my account.

I didn't see anything about account verification/KYC in the signup process - but I vaguely recall people here saying (and complaining about it) that it was needed.

So I finally dig around, and there seem to be some PDF's buried in the FAQ about this..  
What am I supposed to do.. print out a PDF, fill it out in pen and then scan an image to email?  

Does this process have to be gone through before assets will even show up in the account?

Activity: 428
Merit: 100
Updates?

Currently searching for a Canadian, to camp outside the data center waiting for will and terra to show up.

I would be willing to pay the group/ individual fees for the acquisition of funds im owed by will and terra.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
#hardworkpaysoff
legendary
Activity: 1123
SaluS - (SLS)
Does anyone have a full address list where icedrill is said to be receiving mining rewards?

Also has anyone checked Will's or DeadTerra's pulse lately?

Received the following PM from DT on the 3rd.

Hi,

I will check with the CMX team for the latest update on the platform and get back to you.
The Bitcoins are still safe in the cold wallets and awaiting to be paid out. Will is on the Hashfast Unsecured Creditors committee and is working with other creditors to toward a resolution for all Hashfast's unsecured creditors.

We will do a proper update on the forums soon with an update on the committee and the HF status as well as the status of the dividends.

//DeaDTerra
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Does anyone have a full address list where icedrill is said to be receiving mining rewards?

Also has anyone checked Will's or DeadTerra's pulse lately?
Activity: 530
https://www.pax-coin.io/
its be come painfully clear that terra and will have cut their losses and run with the remaining BTC

I'm beginning to think this is truth.

I think most of us know this for quite some time already.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
its be come painfully clear that terra and will have cut their losses and run with the remaining BTC

I'm beginning to think this is truth.
legendary
Activity: 1512
I thought DeadTerra learned from previous mistakes and knew what he was doing so I invested 5BTC. Turned out he is still an idiot. I started worrying when he defended his unrealistic calculations in September and October but still hanged hoping they would deliver. Now I know it was a mistake to trust him with my bitcoins.
+1

You can add untrustworthy to that list too.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
So, Ice.Drill becoming a franchise mine may be a way out of this mess.

@Will, are considering this option?
Activity: 108
At the time of launch, this was a lucrative fund.

No it wasn't. It was never lucrative. It was lucrative on paper and on assumptions the hash rate growth would be slow during the fall of 2013. Every bad investment looks good at some point especially if you believe unfounded promises and calculations. The way hash rate increased during those months only the best case scenario would make it barely profitable. So if they started hashing in November as promised, it would barely make profit.

Personally, I liked the aggressive reinvestment plan and the promise to repay public before private shares didn't hurt either. At the time the IPO opened, I don't believe anyone anticipated HF would be as late with shoddy equipment nor the shutdown of bitfunder (and the poor choice to go to cryptomex for accounting & trading)

Even though I don't completely agree with some of the decisions & actions, or appreciate the lack of communication, it's easy to throw Will and DeadTerra under the bus in this situation in which they really have little recourse but to react to problems caused by other parties. Tying IceDrill so tightly and exclusively to HF was a problem since our success then depended entirely on HF's success.

All of the losses in this case are because DeadTerra gave the money we paid to him to people he didn't know. It was out his hands and out his control. When you get millions of other people's money you have to be very careful with them. If it's out of your control and you trust someone else to do something for you, you have to know and trust those people. You have to go through their plan, all the details and goals. If something is not done right or delayed, you make sure with correct legal work you get reimbursed very quickly.

If for whatever reason he couldn't make a good legal deal or didn't know those people very well, he must have put a stop to the whole operation and return everything. That's what an honorable man should do. When you take other people's money be very careful what you do with them.

He didn't. He trusted those people whom he barely knew with 24,000BTC. At that time it was over 2.5 million dollars and that was enough to produce own ASIC, including design, wafers and chips. 2.5 million dollar was enough to produce own ASIC on 65nm.

I thought DeadTerra learned from previous mistakes and knew what he was doing so I invested 5BTC. Turned out he is still an idiot. I started worrying when he defended his unrealistic calculations in September and October but still hanged hoping they would deliver. Now I know it was a mistake to trust him with my bitcoins.
Activity: 434
Just did that. No assets show up. Sad

Eventually, they'll show up. Smiley

give it about 2 weeks.

I just registered my account on CryptoMex with the same email address I left in Icedrill. So, I need to wait another 2 weeks to get my shares in CryptoMex. Correct?

that "2 weeks" things was a joke (bfl). seems I fail at joking.

some of us got it  Wink
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

give it about 2 weeks.

I just registered my account on CryptoMex with the same email address I left in Icedrill. So, I need to wait another 2 weeks to get my shares in CryptoMex. Correct?

that "2 weeks" things was a joke (bfl). seems I fail at joking.
Activity: 83
HF has very little remaining assets. We'll get pennies of dollar per share. Once again DeadTerra trusted investors' funds to people he didn't know. They turned out to be scammers or completely incompetent, what a surprize!

Last time AsicMiner saved his ass and he paid out a bit over initial investment in his Gamma Fund. This time it's a total failure. Why are we so stupid that we trust these idiots?

At the time of launch, this was a lucrative fund. Personally, I liked the aggressive reinvestment plan and the promise to repay public before private shares didn't hurt either. At the time the IPO opened, I don't believe anyone anticipated HF would be as late with shoddy equipment nor the shutdown of bitfunder (and the poor choice to go to cryptomex for accounting & trading)

Even though I don't completely agree with some of the decisions & actions, or appreciate the lack of communication, it's easy to throw Will and DeadTerra under the bus in this situation in which they really have little recourse but to react to problems caused by other parties. Tying IceDrill so tightly and exclusively to HF was a problem since our success then depended entirely on HF's success. Now, the ship has sunk and we're all just trying to cling to scraps of debris left in the wake. Without raising any further capital, there really isn't a happy ending for us; not even raising more capital is the answer as it'd only further dilute current shareholder value.

IMO, IceDrill worrying about the trading platform is entirely pointless as who would want to purchase assets that are not only guaranteed to depreciate in value quickly, but also with no apparent plan in place.

Hi!, I made my account in cryptomex.io a few months ago and I didn't see my shares... I only see it in icedrill.io :/
Any suggestion?
Thanks
..you did use the same email address on cryptomex as on icedrill, correct? If so, then it's probably time to get in touch with Will.

I guess the 2 week wait time for PU assignment wasn't a sarcastic response. I've been waiting 1 week myself.
Activity: 448

give it about 2 weeks.

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

give it about 2 weeks.

Hi!, I made my account in cryptomex.io a few months ago and I didn't see my shares... I only see it in icedrill.io :/

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Activity: 108
Is there any other outlook for investors besides hoping for the largest possible award in the settlement with HF

HF has very little remaining assets. We'll get pennies of dollar per share. Once again DeadTerra trusted investors' funds to people he didn't know. They turned out to be scammers or completely incompetent, what a surprize!

Last time AsicMiner saved his ass and he paid out a bit over initial investment in his Gamma Fund. This time it's a total failure. Why are we so stupid that we trust these idiots?
Activity: 299

Is there any other outlook for investors besides hoping for the largest possible award in the settlement with HF, mining with current hardware for as long as mining return outweighs hosting costs, liquidating assets for whatever value remains and hoping IceDrill management distributes the balance of funds to investors?

You just perfectly described my dream scenario for the rest of the lifetime of this baghold security. Sooner they realize that if you find yourself in a hole it's better to stop digging, better for everyone.

Anyone feel they have a firm grasp on the status of this venture?

A summary of the situation as I understand it -please correct me where I'm wrong:

· Bitfunder shuts down so accounting for shares transferred to icedrill.io
· HF delivers late with faulty & underperforming hardware
· Shares are converted to profit units and transferred from icedrill.io to cryptomex.io
· All terms and agreements made at the start of the IPO are thrown out in the share conversion process
· IceDrill's reinvestment strategy is scrapped while mining returns diminish and hardware assets devalue
· Profit unit trade becomes subject to KYC information filed with cryptomex
· Profit units depreciate while there remains no method for trade
· Profit unit allocation and dividend distribution executed manually, behind schedule with a fraction of available funds
· IceDrill admin in court seeking financial reimbursement alongside other creditors with HF filing chapter 11

Is there any other outlook for investors besides hoping for the largest possible award in the settlement with HF, mining with current hardware for as long as mining return outweighs hosting costs, liquidating assets for whatever value remains and hoping IceDrill management distributes the balance of funds to investors?

you forgot will is a board member of Scamyoumex. Im sure hes getting kickbacks or will when theres withdrawal fees.
Pages:
Jump to: