Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 29. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
This just in, Bitfury has tied the release date and sales of their 16nm miners to when Valve releases Half-Life 3, we should see them "any day now"!

Roll Eyes

As to the solar discussion, when I move here shortly I am going to look into a solar setup, but what it will not be is grid-tied.  I don't like the power company telling me what I can and can't do and I'm not going to help their cause by selling them my power that I generated.  I'm going to use it all, it's mine mine mine!

lol to bad i don't play those type games I  play stuff like wow Swtor mmo's  more . really the power company has more control, sigh .  i may have to keep it for my self to, any way waiting for a installer to come and give me price and explain it, i have few questions, we can get it were i live but not on the roof, i like that idea better . no messing up our new roof .
legendary
This just in, Bitfury has tied the release date and sales of their 16nm miners to when Valve releases Half-Life 3, we should see them "any day now"!

Roll Eyes

As to the solar discussion, when I move here shortly I am going to look into a solar setup, but what it will not be is grid-tied.  I don't like the power company telling me what I can and can't do and I'm not going to help their cause by selling them my power that I generated.  I'm going to use it all, it's mine mine mine!
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I think NotFuzzyWarm's in y'alls decade neighborhood. That guy's been an engineer for at least 10 years longer than I've been alive.
legendary
Have off grid solar running most of the domicile.
The 100A @ 12V nominal battery chargers (RV industry calls'em converters) use 3 40A ATC fuses, I assume their wired in parallel.

Shout out to toptek. Thought I was the only hexa-genarian in the crowd.  Grin

LOL I'm looking into getting Solar for my home i want it so i can sell it back to the power company getting tired of there BS prices and how they get way with doing low down stuff even if i have to rent it at first Smiley .
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Have off grid solar running most of the domicile.
The 100A @ 12V nominal battery chargers (RV industry calls'em converters) use 3 40A ATC fuses, I assume their wired in parallel.

Shout out to toptek. Thought I was the only hexa-genarian in the crowd.  Grin
legendary
I'd be impressed if you smoked an ASIC on and S1 before you smoked a regulator.
legendary
I am still running an S1 because... I want to.
That's my man! I run a rig of 6 mixed s3/s5 because I want to and because the smell of fans and asics is so comforting. I run my miners overclocked because elctricity is no problem for me. 40% of my house is solar so the cost of those miners brings my electricity costs back to before solar. I ran a s3 at 520ghs for a while before a chip went x, then it stabilized at 470. Once you become fearless and don't care about your equipment dying, you can have some pretty fun moments where you can overclock to some ridiculous hashrate and smell the burning asics. It's fun as I said and when the new bitfury chips come out, I assure you all I will run that until it burns. and so I can breathe the amazing smell of burning electronics. S1 chips burning smells different from s5 chips burning. It's subtle but delicious.
Anyways, once a new miner with bitfury chips comes out, I will run that thing until it burns and i'll laugh at how good or bad it overclocks and i'll sell a dead pane on bitcointalk for some other chap to experiment on it. Burning chips smell so good and are so interesting...

let me see i run a s1 not always  but from time to time S3 same  S5 maybe five days a week with a  AvalonMiner 4.1 just cooked a break out board overclocking it it to much those things are breasts and on a 2 K PSU A c1 antminer on it own PSU. and a cyclone by zeusminer On its own PSU, yes i do Script coins not afraid to admit it and just bought a 256 MH Alcheminer I hope i didn't get fucked on, o well if i did. and two of side's sticks all because i want to and it gives me some thing to do .I make a little on the side doing it, I'm not rich . i refused to buy a S7 and still do because of the high price they charged when they came out but that's me , I  could have sold off all my S5 when they came out, I felt they cost to much so i kept my S5 till Dec of last year, all but one that was broke i fixed it.. A6's are great but they came out to late imo or i would have  sold all i had and got one .now I 'm waiting and saving for the new side hack boards with bitfury chips, i hope we see . and hope i saved enough to start for three sets.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Well, mining is self-regulating. The halving is going to hurt a lot, but it's not like bitcoin's going to disappear. What becomes unprofitable to run will no longer be run, coin prices will go up, fees will go up, and the system will keep on running. If anything has a chance to be profitable, it'll be the most efficient chip available at the time. That's dependent a lot on initial cost, but the market is adjustable as well - if BitFury can't sell enough of them at whatever price, they'll either use 'em themselves or lower the price. There are way too many variables to make any sort of accurate prediction, but the fact that pretty soon 99% of the world won't be able to turn a buck with 0.3J/GH gear helps the assumed viability of 0.1J/GH gear.

+1

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." -- Ayn Rand

or

"If 50,000 people share a bad idea, it's still a bad idea." -- J. Schlenker
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
That's my man! I run a rig of 6 mixed s3/s5 because I want to and because the smell of fans and asics is so comforting. I run my miners overclocked because elctricity is no problem for me. 40% of my house is solar so the cost of those miners brings my electricity costs back to before solar. I ran a s3 at 520ghs for a while before a chip went x, then it stabilized at 470. Once you become fearless and don't care about your equipment dying, you can have some pretty fun moments where you can overclock to some ridiculous hashrate and smell the burning asics. It's fun as I said and when the new bitfury chips come out, I assure you all I will run that until it burns. and so I can breathe the amazing smell of burning electronics. S1 chips burning smells different from s5 chips burning. It's subtle but delicious.
Anyways, once a new miner with bitfury chips comes out, I will run that thing until it burns and i'll laugh at how good or bad it overclocks and i'll sell a dead pane on bitcointalk for some other chap to experiment on it. Burning chips smell so good and are so interesting...
legendary
No, actually that's mostly explained by a combination of small-town upbringing (focus on Christian ethics, frugality and self-reliance) and 98th-percentile intelligence, which results in a low tolerance for idiots or lazy people and a general inability to relate to most folks even within my own generation. The facts that coffee tastes like burnt dirt and caffeine has no real effect on me anyway are mostly irrelevant to my attitude in general.

I can't find one thing to dispute in that, aside from my personal love of coffee. People are interesting. They're also 99% of all problems. And if you're talking "generation X" (my age showing here), most of them are willful morons.

Honestly, man i like the smell of coffee but hate the taste I'm 60 or very close to it or will be in July Smiley_ . I get my Caffeine from sodas and trig to my best to stop drinking those to . SO, i don't agree age has nothing to do with it Smiley .my point is i guess no mater what you believe in or believe, if you care about the people around you more and truly want to help it won't mater your age , if your a demo or repub,what you like , dislike, how much money you have etc. your ok to me and usually are with 99 % of the people Smiley. I'm not from a small town and have been to a lot places over seas and been to every state in the US but 5 or 6 .

cya
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
No, actually that's mostly explained by a combination of small-town upbringing (focus on Christian ethics, frugality and self-reliance) and 98th-percentile intelligence, which results in a low tolerance for idiots or lazy people and a general inability to relate to most folks even within my own generation. The facts that coffee tastes like burnt dirt and caffeine has no real effect on me anyway are mostly irrelevant to my attitude in general.
And if you're talking "generation X" (my age showing here), most of them are willful morons.

Nope, he's one of us "Millenials"  -the ones most Gen X'ers believe to be lazy, entitled, willful morons.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

I can't find one thing to dispute in that, aside from my personal love of coffee. People are interesting. They're also 99% of all problems. And if you're talking "generation X" (my age showing here), most of them are willful morons.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
I wonder if bitfury have actually sold any chips yet or are they just mining with them?
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
wow that chip looks quit efficient Tongue
i dont know how hard this will last on the BTC difficulty Grin

What kind of products therefore are planned this time? are them still selling the chip without any cards?

cheers

I think the miners are being tested by the manufacturers, that will bring up the difficulty quite a lot in the near future.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
"Shortly"- To occur in many many months.....maybe  Cheesy

2 weeks!
legendary
Activity: 1722
legendary
I might have implied that 99% would unplug 'em, but not that 99% of it would stop running. How much of the 0.3J/GH gear will be bought up by folks who can still run it profitably? I expect the first drop will be pretty good, but there's a lot of places that probably wouldn't mind getting their hands on cut-rate S7 and run 'em for another couple months on 2-3c power. That 1% is probably itching for it, and I bet anyone who paid, well, what Bitmain was charging for an S7 will probably sell to whoever he can in order to minimize losses since those things were pretty much overpriced from the get-go. Hopefully a lot of that hashrate disappears, but it's no guarantee.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
Well, mining is self-regulating. The halving is going to hurt a lot, but it's not like bitcoin's going to disappear. What becomes unprofitable to run will no longer be run, coin prices will go up, fees will go up, and the system will keep on running. If anything has a chance to be profitable, it'll be the most efficient chip available at the time. That's dependent a lot on initial cost, but the market is adjustable as well - if BitFury can't sell enough of them at whatever price, they'll either use 'em themselves or lower the price. There are way too many variables to make any sort of accurate prediction, but the fact that pretty soon 99% of the world won't be able to turn a buck with 0.3J/GH gear helps the assumed viability of 0.1J/GH gear.

This is strictly assuming that difficulty remains flat. My prediction would be price is not going to be drastically increased after the halving, as anyone taking it into consideration has already and people have already speculated at it from a trading point of view.  However, majority of mining operations will maintain course up until the moment the reward is cut in half before un-plugging, which will lead to some drastic reductions in difficulty. It is very self-evident, but if difficulty was to drop by 50% at the halving (this is just for comparison, not an actual prediction), effective mining revenue would be the exact same as the block before.  I.E. if 99% of the world un-plugged their 0.3J/GH and higher gear at the halving as you say, then a fair chunk of them would just plug them back in after the next difficulty drop(s). Realistically, I would expect to see a 20-30% negative difficulty adjustment in the periods following the halving.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
Here's Don Carlos singing about "miner has to go through tribulation, no matter where he's from".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpK3wq4Foc

Here's Ras Nyto singing about "no ASIC no food you're in bad mood"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVG_OLd6upo

Edit:

Sorry, I forgot that this thread is full of metalheads, not reggae fans. So more fitting will be the band "Metal Corrosion" from Soviet Union singing:
"dyabol dyabol spasi! kto tak nas pokaral?"
"devil devil save us! who punished us?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_9F9KbAebE

Edit2:

Also, since this thread is full of coffee aficionados: the 5th track is entitled "Black Terror" (starts at 16:05). This would be a perfect brand name for the strongest coffee.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
Pages:
Jump to: