Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 30. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
The hell has this thread become!
It isn't "hell" it is "tribulation". We are all waiting here for the second coming of our Bitfurian savior, may he come soon in all his 16nm glory and deliver us from our oppressors.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

Yeah, what happened to "16nm sales to public start shortly"?! Smiley

I guess it's this hell or the other "pre-order" hell... can't have it any other way or maybe both ways!!! oh noes...

The day bitcoin mining hardware is sold as zero day announcement immediate delivery you know the payoff is none.

"Shortly"- To occur in many many months.....maybe  Cheesy
Activity: 725
Merit: 503

Yeah, what happened to "16nm sales to public start shortly"?! Smiley

I guess it's this hell or the other "pre-order" hell... can't have it any other way or maybe both ways!!! oh noes...

The day bitcoin mining hardware is sold as zero day announcement immediate delivery you know the payoff is none.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
The "golden rule" definitely predates Christianity, and might predate the Jews as well, but is NOT specifically a "religion-based" related way to interact with folks.

I've known too many Athiests that follow it (well, most of the time, we're ALL human after all!).

I am one of the VERY few failures of the Navy in their attempt to addict all sailors to coffee - I already had a Pepsi habit and didn't LIKE coffee made "the Navy way" (though my Navy Sludge was Master Chief Mess Cook approved after they tought me how to make the stuff).

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I assumed he meant that many chips wide, where the current does multiply. The wider a string, the more stable it's going to be as any changes in current demand (which then affect voltage) in one chip will be buffered out by the remaining chips in the node, so you really don't want to run a single-wide string if you don't have to.

If it's "wide" it's not a string, it's a parallel setup.

It's a String with width, like the S7, 45 Chips per board arranged in a 15 Node string, 3 chips to a node, or Avalon6, 40 Chips per Board, 20 Nodes, 2 chips to a node.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I assumed he meant that many chips wide, where the current does multiply. The wider a string, the more stable it's going to be as any changes in current demand (which then affect voltage) in one chip will be buffered out by the remaining chips in the node, so you really don't want to run a single-wide string if you don't have to.

If it's "wide" it's not a string, it's a parallel setup.

The "golden rule" definitely predates Christianity, and might predate the Jews as well, but is NOT specifically a "religion-based" related way to interact with folks.
 I've known too many Athiests that follow it (well, most of the time, we're ALL human after all!).

I am one of the VERY few failures of the Navy in their attempt to addict all sailors to coffee - I already had a Pepsi habit and didn't LIKE coffee made "the Navy way" (though my Navy Sludge was Master Chief Mess Cook approved after they tought me how to make the stuff).
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
wow that chip looks quit efficient Tongue
i dont know how hard this will last on the BTC difficulty Grin

What kind of products therefore are planned this time? are them still selling the chip without any cards?

cheers
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Well, mining is self-regulating. The halving is going to hurt a lot, but it's not like bitcoin's going to disappear. What becomes unprofitable to run will no longer be run, coin prices will go up, fees will go up, and the system will keep on running. If anything has a chance to be profitable, it'll be the most efficient chip available at the time. That's dependent a lot on initial cost, but the market is adjustable as well - if BitFury can't sell enough of them at whatever price, they'll either use 'em themselves or lower the price. There are way too many variables to make any sort of accurate prediction, but the fact that pretty soon 99% of the world won't be able to turn a buck with 0.3J/GH gear helps the assumed viability of 0.1J/GH gear.

help us.. get more lean using power.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Well, mining is self-regulating. The halving is going to hurt a lot, but it's not like bitcoin's going to disappear. What becomes unprofitable to run will no longer be run, coin prices will go up, fees will go up, and the system will keep on running. If anything has a chance to be profitable, it'll be the most efficient chip available at the time. That's dependent a lot on initial cost, but the market is adjustable as well - if BitFury can't sell enough of them at whatever price, they'll either use 'em themselves or lower the price. There are way too many variables to make any sort of accurate prediction, but the fact that pretty soon 99% of the world won't be able to turn a buck with 0.3J/GH gear helps the assumed viability of 0.1J/GH gear.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
Things specific for my design should be addressed in the Community Miner Discussion thread, rather than a general Bitfury thread.

Roger that.

Also, I don't drink coffee.

To each his own. Grin

I need 2 cups in the AM or waking up takes too long.

40 oz during the day   prefer it black no sugar.  new england hazelnut

electric perk brew  then strain it with a paper filter

This has gone so far off topic that I see no reason to post about the new info about the new bitfury chip and join in on the coffee fun. :c
That kind doesn't taste as good imo, try again. The mention of nuts made me spit out my water.. I've tried the new england coffee, it's not as good.
No sugar?!?!? How do you even live? I have to pour 30 grams of sugar into my coffee for it to taste good. Seriously.

--BACK ON THE RAILROAD TRAKS--
I really don't think these chips will be especially profitable when they come out because by then difficulty will have been pumped up so high by people mining before the halving that when these new bitfury miners come out, they'll be like the s3.. Even though efficiency has gone up so much, it still stays unprofitable.
I can't predict the future or anything, so I could be completely wrong or completely right. Only time can tell.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Things specific for my design should be addressed in the Community Miner Discussion thread, rather than a general Bitfury thread.

Roger that.

To each his own. Grin

40 oz during the day   prefer it black no sugar.  new england hazelnut

electric perk brew  then strain it with a paper filter

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Like I said, unable to relate to most people these days.

But discussion like that belongs in a different place.

I can relate to not relating (said in a serious tone and not intended as a play on words).
And I've always been in a different place physically and mentally (said in a self deprecating serious tone).

Roger that.

To each his own. Grin

legendary
I've tasted some of the pretty weak heavily-milked-and-chocolated stuff and if I can taste any coffee in it I don't like it. Not even the smell of coffee. If I have to dilute something so much I can't taste it in order to make it taste good, why even bother putting it in there in the first place? Water tastes better, slakes my thirst more efficiently and is free (or close to it) in most places.

And no, in these still early days of the internet there are still definitely small towns because the internet isn't in use everywhere. And it definitely wasn't in use in farms outside my small town (1900 people, 20 miles from anywhere bigger) 15 years ago. And yeah, I do tend to follow that "do unto others" - leave me alone, and I won't bother you. Try to figure it out yourself first and then ask for help when you've exhausted your own resources, and I won't ask you for help until I'm darn sure I need it. Don't be selfish, and I'll treat you with respect. Stuff like that. Add to it a disrespect for purchased authority and any other sort of entitlement that is bought or inherited rather than earned by labor or industry, and an overarching enmity for people who expect and demand rewards disproportionate to effort (and especially the people whose sole occupation is drawing profits from buying and selling things which don't exist at all or exist solely on paper and are never actually possessed). Like I said, unable to relate to most people these days.

But discussion like that belongs in a different place.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
No, actually that's mostly explained by a combination of small-town upbringing (focus on Christian ethics, frugality and self-reliance) and 98th-percentile intelligence, which results in a low tolerance for idiots or lazy people and a general inability to relate to most folks even within my own generation. The facts that coffee tastes like burnt dirt and caffeine has no real effect on me anyway are mostly irrelevant to my attitude in general.
Oh, no! Man, you've tried too strong coffee. The typical US coffee is made for caffeine addicts. Dilute it! European or Mediterranean coffee is even worse, it is made for caffeine and nicotine addicts. Dilute it even more!

Try coffee powder sprinkled on the cheesecake. Or try some coffee liqueur (like Kahlua) on some ice cream (like Ben&Jerry's Cherry Garcia or Blue Bunny's Cherry Pickin' Chocolate or Thrifty's Black Cherry).

In the days of Internet there aren't small-towns anymore. It is just one global village.

By the way: the Christian ethics you've mentioned are most likely some Protestant denominational ethics. Try Papist or Romanist or even Jewish ethics for a change. Or any other ethics, they are all pretty much the same: do unto others like as you would have them do unto you.

Edit: spelling fixes

legendary
No, actually that's mostly explained by a combination of small-town upbringing (focus on Christian ethics, frugality and self-reliance) and 98th-percentile intelligence, which results in a low tolerance for idiots or lazy people and a general inability to relate to most folks even within my own generation. The facts that coffee tastes like burnt dirt and caffeine has no real effect on me anyway are mostly irrelevant to my attitude in general.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

This explains the curmudgeonly part of your sig Cheesy
legendary

Odd you mentioned the Prisma fires as our last Prisma burst in flames about 2 weeks ago.
Quite an impressive little foul smelling "campfire".
It continued to hash, for a short time, during the fire.
I let run, until it self destructed.
As it was obvious the Prisma was toast, and was curious to see just how long it would hash before giving up the ghost.

The IBM PSU (with your most durable adapter board) just hunkered down and keep feeding it current.
Both the supply and adapter board survived the ordeal. Grin
The Prisma not so much. Huh
Morning sidehack, hope you've had your morning coffee. I'm working on #2.

I have a design requset:
Allow the hash board input voltage to be from 10.5Vdc to 15.5 Vdc.

Here's the reason:
An input V range of 10.5V-15.5V would allow the boards to be driven by a battery bank which is in turn charged by solar.
And eliminates the need for a high current sepic converter

Here's a sample scenario that would scale:
3x 60 cell panels (250W-300W) in series (nominal 105Vdc input) feed to a Morningstar MPPT-60 (other brands exhibit similar tolerances) that charges the battery bank.
In this scenario, one can expect or should design for, a battery bank voltage to swing from 10.5V (completely discharged) to 15.5V (fully charged in winter and/or battery equalization charge levels).

Driving a miner directly from a DC source (12V battery bank) has at least one advantage, it escapes the losses in converting DC to AC (i.e. inverter inefficiencies).
Inverter efficiencies can be as low as 82% (sometimes worse with cheap China originated inverters).

Another request, regardless of input source, is that the hash boards implement a low voltage cutoff @ 10.5V.
This would prevent an over current condition when the bucks are feed a low supply voltage.
Which would assist in saving the hash board when a PSU screws up or is overloaded.

Maybe a simple fuse inbetween the PCI power input and the buck(s) supply rail???

Thanks in advance for the consideration.
Pages:
Jump to: