Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 3. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

Ok, so apologies for a slight necro and a slight off topic, BUT

There is a dubious "cloudmining aggregator" on the forum, claiming that they are buying cloudmining contracts from Bitfury. No details  Roll Eyes but I thought I'd ask.
Anyone?

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Bitfury has the weekend to come up with something:

https://enshop.bitmain.com/products/antminer-r4-silent-bitcoin-miner.html

Don't worry bitfury won't be selling anything to the public unless you have a mill or more , i hope I'm wrong  but I'm not .

I bet they don't even watch this post any more it served it's propose for now.
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Well they are not in the hardware business but in the Bitcoin speculation business but:

Bitfury 0.16J/GH
Bitmain 0.10J/GH

that's like 30%, in any normal business Bitfury would be dead in the water.

it's going to be around 1000$ 1395$
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Bitfury has the weekend to come up with something:

https://enshop.bitmain.com/products/antminer-r4-silent-bitcoin-miner.html

U funny!!!!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Whatever they got they are keeping it for themselves or those with

Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I know a person that had one sample for design tests a few months ago , but not sure what happened next .

Just out of curiosity.

Has anyone (except people directly related to BitFury) got there hands on one of BitFury's 16nm chips, or maybe is there anyone who bought the containerized solution? And if yes, what are your experiences with either of the 2 (chips and/or container)?

Or is BitFury's typical answer that the minimum order quantity is 1 million USD, without stating how many chips that would be, and that their 1st batch is sold out Smiley

Furthermore, seeing that the minimum investment needed is apparently 1 million USD, I wonder whom they addressing when the thread reads "16nm...sales to public starting shortly", and how is this supposed to help decentralization of the BTC network as was stated in the quote of the 1st entry in this thread?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I wonder whom they addressing when the thread reads "16nm...sales to public starting shortly", and how is this supposed to help decentralization of the BTC network as was stated in the quote of the 1st entry in this thread?

I made the thread based off their tweets and no point changing the title now as it remains a record of their empty promises.
Activity: 167
Merit: 15
Just out of curiosity.

Has anyone (except people directly related to BitFury) got there hands on one of BitFury's 16nm chips, or maybe is there anyone who bought the containerized solution? And if yes, what are your experiences with either of the 2 (chips and/or container)?

Or is BitFury's typical answer that the minimum order quantity is 1 million USD, without stating how many chips that would be, and that their 1st batch is sold out Smiley

Furthermore, seeing that the minimum investment needed is apparently 1 million USD, I wonder whom they addressing when the thread reads "16nm...sales to public starting shortly", and how is this supposed to help decentralization of the BTC network as was stated in the quote of the 1st entry in this thread?
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
So is BitFury dead or what ?

I think the BitFury only has enough miners for its own usage. So it does not sell the general pubic now.
legendary
So is BitFury dead or what ?

It is unless you got

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
it never is in the long run!
It's just about implementation, stability, etc
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
Way back in March, when Bitfury's word had some credibility, I posted this series of quotes from BitClub Network, a sleazy MLM funded mining operation who were boasting about preferred access to Bitfury 16nm gear.

We are indeed working with Joby, but will not disclose any commercial details.

His statements are not 100% correct factually as we have not delivered production chips or containers to clients yet and we are working with several clients and integrators.

Punin and Weeks on first name terms, aaaaah. Not 100% factually correct= total lies for the consumption of BitClub Network suckers.

Anyway, fast forward five moths and BCN are still limping along with their "investors" moaning like f*ck about their wonderful promised ROI's reducing over the months to dust and demanding Something Should Be Done. (The recent $200 "correction" in the BTC price is unlikely to improve their humor, but what can they do, they're locked in?)
So, what is being done?

But mining is not our strategic direction - I talked with someone from BitFury, and they felt the same way, which is that while there is money to be made in mining, it should not be our focus in the long run.

legendary
can we have some chips before the next halving?

Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
can we have some chips before the next halving?
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
got my chips, folks!!

Wait.....Wait....Wait....Those chips are more like 16mm rather than 16nm. You can't fool me!   Smiley
legendary
got my chips, folks!!

Soooo....sales to public start shortly™.....again Huh  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
As evidenced by this thread words from Bitfury mean nothing, except perhaps that they're somewhat good at PR.

Yeah and unfortunately its a big one. They've certainly never scammed anyone but we just can't trust anything they say any more. We fell for it more than once and the rugs been pulled out from under us again and again. It also boggles the mind that after completing my 50th - and probably my last - hardware review, that there has not been one IRL picture or miner seen by a third party since their generation one boards. Bitfury, the leading hardware manufacturer of ghost hardware.

last why bitmain going private ?. !!! or your done dealing with it ? and finally see others point of view of how much the big guys really Don't care any more .

What do you mean by that? I don't understand the first part.

boggles the mind that after completing my 50th - and probably my last - hardware review

No I've just finished with the industry I guess. The companies are too large to need someone like me and because I didn't sell out (and Spondoolies...) I need the money from a normal job.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
got my chips, folks!!

Pages:
Jump to: