Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 9. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
I am still hopeful, although if the 1 BTC bet payoff (no sign of it after over a month  Wink) ....

Really???
A department head of a multi million $ outfit makes a clear public bet and then welshes on paying when he loses?
Who the fuck do these people think they are?

The asshole needs red trust for that, let alone for his highly misleading posts and subsequent silence.
Still, I guess I shouldn't expect any better from someone who's bezzie buddies with the crew that run BitClub Network.

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Ok next gen miners need to come out in two weeks I will have 3k to 4k to get going bigger.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Yeah wouldn't that be nice.

I am still hopeful, although if the 1 BTC bet payoff (no sign of it after over a month  Wink) is any indication of the willingness to sell chips then I think we are screwed.  Cheesy

Finally seeing the light....the network takeover is almost complete  Sad
legendary
Activity: 980
aka "whocares"

I am still hopeful, although if the 1 BTC bet payoff (no sign of it after over a month  Wink) is any indication of the willingness to sell chips then I think we are screwed.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I wonder if that quote means they're changing their formula and reintroducing it to Home miners? Possibly they have increased their production size and can pump out more miners.
If TSMC Fab 14A is fully back online then yes, full production runs of ASICS for both Bitmain and BitFury could be going now. If so then Bitmain is in the Cat-bird seat with miners ready to go vs BitFury who rely on their integrators (including their own div that does the farms) to actually use their chips.

this could force bitfury to simply sell chips Grin

Way too much to hope for!
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!

I wonder if that quote means they're changing their formula and reintroducing it to Home miners? Possibly they have increased their production size and can pump out more miners.
If TSMC Fab 14A is fully back online then yes, full production runs of ASICS for both Bitmain and BitFury could be going now. If so then Bitmain is in the Cat-bird seat with miners ready to go vs BitFury who rely on their integrators (including their own div that does the farms) to actually use their chips.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
May 21 is Bitmain Antminer S9 launch, info comes in an email from Sharif (Bitmain sales guy). Email is from May 11, said will be available in 10 days = 21 May. I talked to him on my S7-F1 orders, very reliable. Could be selling S7 and S9 in future?

Keep faith in Bitfury to soon release a photo and video about new Bitfury miner who doesnt exist, available VERY VERY SHORTLY. This is Bitfury recipe for marketing. Maybe after another 100MW mega mine.

I would have to agree with OgNasty on the release date due to this msg:

"2016-05-11 00:52:07
Hi ,

thank you for your message.

New miner will be S9, it will be launched in 10 days, please check our main webpage for updates.

Best Regards,
Sharif
Sales and Business Development,
Mobile: +86 13264017056
"One small machine is changing the World" "

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/next-gen-antminer-opinionsguesses-1302481

However I think he maybe got Bitfury confused with Bitmain

i think so haha.  unless he knows someone NOONE else even punin does ;p

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Apparently Bitfury is suppose to release some miners on May 21th according to the other thread. Any other proof or is it just a rumor?

What other thread? Impossible to answer without a link.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Apparently Bitfury is suppose to release some miners on May 21th according to the other thread. Any other proof or is it just a rumor?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Putting a mining chip in anything that uses electricicy is a stupid idea for the same reason farms aren't built out of stick miners.

Here before long I'm gonna have to do some running around talking to folks and see if I can't find any info on chips from anyone, since if Bitmain's rolling an S9 it looks like we have three different outfits in the 14/16nm scale already. Hopefully someone actually talks. Gettin' friggin' tired of waiting on nothing.
i remember my noob ass telling my friends and family   "O Bitfury's gonna help us put them in our fridges!, in our washers! ANYTHING THAT USES electricity!"   in our car brakes to harness kinetic energy wasted in braking!    
thank god nooone ever asks me  "So how's that mining chip in your fridge doing?..."  

-_-
legendary
Activity: 1008
I would doubt the SP50 exists anywhere. I'd say 50/50 that they didn't even get engineering samples of the chip, let alone a factory batch.

If you know somebody in the project lead of spondoolies we could ask that person, everything else tends to be pure speculation  Shocked Roll Eyes
They're no longer, I was reading the thread and it seemed like someone didn't pay employees as well.

Well BINGO, then we all can let spondoolies rest in peace, finally, and do some something really interesting instead of raping this thread, idea  Wink Roll Eyes Smiley

true... as i think bitfury is about done with the community too.... 
You know I really wanted those mining light bulbs from them though!

I believe you guys, but could we really do something more interesting than raping this corpse, for example by having a beer and a nice chat about the weather outside  Roll Eyes Wink Cheesy
I would doubt the SP50 exists anywhere. I'd say 50/50 that they didn't even get engineering samples of the chip, let alone a factory batch.

If you know somebody in the project lead of spondoolies we could ask that person, everything else tends to be pure speculation  Shocked Roll Eyes
They're no longer, I was reading the thread and it seemed like someone didn't pay employees as well.

Well BINGO, then we all can let spondoolies rest in peace, finally, and do some something really interesting instead of raping this thread, idea  Wink Roll Eyes Smiley

true... as i think bitfury is about done with the community too.... 
legendary

Not to be rude, but does that position even exist anymore?  Grin  i would think the company would disband asap to deal with costs and the "road ahead"
legendary

legendary
Practically the B16 has the same specs as the SP50 (from October 2015) with the only difference that you can not buy the B16, so i do not really trust in the model from BW.com --> Renderings are nice but i personally prefer real, existing physical gear  Wink

That's not really a difference though, is it? Does an actual SP50 exist anywhere, let alone available for purchase?

Well, i haven't seen either one of the miners, but the picture of the SP50 makes me think they have build it because they really sold existing HW before the SP50. In case of the B16 i just see CAD models and noone ever posted an unboxing of a B16...  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: