Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 10. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I would doubt the SP50 exists anywhere. I'd say 50/50 that they didn't even get engineering samples of the chip, let alone a factory batch.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Practically the B16 has the same specs as the SP50 (from October 2015) with the only difference that you can not buy the B16, so i do not really trust in the model from BW.com --> Renderings are nice but i personally prefer real, existing physical gear  Wink

That's not really a difference though, is it? Does an actual SP50 exist anywhere, let alone available for purchase?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

For reference each 12038 loads at ~1.9A at 4000rpm, making each fan up to 23W.

12038 is just a generic reference to 120mmx38mm fans, it's not a specific model. I was under the impression the fans were similar to the AFC1212DE 3900RPM fans which draw 3.0A max each. Not that this is remotely on topic or anything.

AFB aren't focused flow, they're FFB something-or-the-other or one of the FFB derivatives.

Bitmain announced IN THE SAME ANNOUNCEMENT where they announced the S7 that they were working on another chip - I forget if it was 14nm or 16nm offhand. They have also in the last couple days mentioned that they would have information on the "upcomming S9" soon - but since they're not selling off "used" S7 units yet I'd guess at least another month perhaps 2 before they even think about starting sales on the S9, except perhaps on a pre-order basis.

Given their roll-back on the efficiency spec of the A4 and the miner based on it from their original announcement, and that they were working on it at the same time as the A3, I suspect it turned out to have similar efficiency to the BW.COM LK-1401 chip rather than being a "new ground breaking" level of efficiency like the BitFury chip.

It's also possible that the LK-1401 is actually the Innosilocon A3 design, given the long-standing relationship between Innosilocon and LKetc (which owns part of BW.COM), but that is pure speculation.

Got a link to this BW.com Huh Can't find anything on it with google or bing  Roll Eyes

https://www.bw.com/
these guys are huge, just ya site hard to translate, but 14mn announced from them in 2015
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bw-to-launch-nm-chip-and-miner-for-general-population-1445278227

they ran preorders from 2015, should be hashing the 14mn now. their impressive chips, check their site Wink (advertise 160w per TH)
https://www.bw.com/news/show-65-proclamation

Practically the B16 has the same specs as the SP50 (from October 2015) with the only difference that you can not buy the B16, so i do not really trust in the model from BW.com --> Renderings are nice but i personally prefer real, existing physical gear  Wink

TRUE!  so little known about them, and yes it dosen't look like they actually SELL any hardware to outsiders (tho i can't get thru half the site ;p)
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

12038 is just a generic reference to 120mmx38mm fans, it's not a specific model. I was under the impression the fans were similar to the AFC1212DE 3900RPM fans which draw 3.0A max each. Not that this is remotely on topic or anything.

AFB aren't focused flow, they're FFB something-or-the-other or one of the FFB derivatives.

Bitmain announced IN THE SAME ANNOUNCEMENT where they announced the S7 that they were working on another chip - I forget if it was 14nm or 16nm offhand. They have also in the last couple days mentioned that they would have information on the "upcomming S9" soon - but since they're not selling off "used" S7 units yet I'd guess at least another month perhaps 2 before they even think about starting sales on the S9, except perhaps on a pre-order basis.

Given their roll-back on the efficiency spec of the A4 and the miner based on it from their original announcement, and that they were working on it at the same time as the A3, I suspect it turned out to have similar efficiency to the BW.COM LK-1401 chip rather than being a "new ground breaking" level of efficiency like the BitFury chip.

It's also possible that the LK-1401 is actually the Innosilocon A3 design, given the long-standing relationship between Innosilocon and LKetc (which owns part of BW.COM), but that is pure speculation.

Got a link to this BW.com Huh Can't find anything on it with google or bing  Roll Eyes

these guys are huge, just ya site hard to translate, but 14mn announced from them in 2015
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bw-to-launch-nm-chip-and-miner-for-general-population-1445278227

they ran preorders from 2015, should be hashing the 14mn now. their impressive chips, check their site Wink (advertise 160w per TH)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Or they could have increased power efficiency by using gold wires.

Why do you suppose gold wires will increase power efficiency?

While gold is not as good a conductor as copper when clean, it does not tarnish and so remains very stable at power conductivity over time. Almost all other conductors (aside from exotic supeconductors) degrade over time do to corrosion.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

legendary
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cheap-and-simple-repair-of-s7-hash-board-1420909

It's listed as a repair because the volt-setting circuit has been known to shoot craps, but many would consider it an upgrade.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
I'm assuming you'll want to hack the regulators on later batch machines and get about 25% better efficiency?

Is that possible?
legendary
I'm assuming you'll want to hack the regulators on later batch machines and get about 25% better efficiency?
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

ya BW has has 16mn for a while, and SAY they have 14mn too. wish their site wasent imposible to use, as they are other best option out there for little guy
legendary
Activity: 2212

Got a link to this BW.com Huh Can't find anything on it with google or bing  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Activity: 578
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 2212
The only "new" chips any home miner will ever see  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I think he was joking bro.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

It is a generic reference, which is also what Bitmain calls that fan. I had the data sheet at one point but I can't seem to find it now. The fan you linked is full rotor with no 'prespin' so uses more power.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

legendary
I was estimating 2A per fan. I do have some 3A fans around, which do bear a resemblance to the S7 fans, so they could be running hotter. I've not put one on a meter to test but it shouldn't be too hard.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

Activity: 572
Merit: 506
Somewho knows if bitmain will release a 16nm chip? or it will be a 14nm chip?

I was thinking about why innosilicon is not anouncing the A3 release, it could be because somewho buyed the design of that chip?
Pages:
Jump to: