Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 4. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
apparently, Bitfury pool is ramping up.
compare 12.4% in 4 days vs 18.4% in 24 hr
https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=4days
https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hours

maybe they will soon be at saturation and will release chips, finally?

It's not unheard of for a pool to have a run of good luck like that. A period of a couple of weeks would be a better indicator.

they were at less than 10% on July 10, so it is already a putative "ramp" of at least 11 days.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

While this is an interesting thing to consider, it seems to be pretty speculative to conclude that they will actually do anything regarding chip sales. When/If/How they sell chips and miners get built seems way longer term and unrelated to how much the network hash rate they seem to have over a 24 hour period.

As suchmoon said, many days would be more accurate, though still speculative in terms of chip sales.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

It's not unheard of for a pool to have a run of good luck like that. A period of a couple of weeks would be a better indicator.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003
Been interesting watching Bitfury devolve from one of the most respected miner manufacturers,  to basically just a level or two below pond scum.

They have always mined for themselves and been at least 5 steps ahead of the public.  Bitmain is only 2 steps ahead of the public.

July 9, 2016:

Bitfury CEO Valery Vavilov, who estimates electricity makes up between 90 and 95 percent of bitcoin mining costs, says one way his firm stays competitive is by making its own hardware.

He also says the company, founded in 2011, is prepared for the mining reward cut. "We're prepared - we already went through one halving event in 2012," he said. "You can forecast this...so you have time to prepare, and if you're prepared you can live quite easily."

As evidenced by this thread words from Bitfury mean nothing, except perhaps that they're somewhat good at PR.

Bitfury had 15%-ish of the network in 2015, currently less than 10%. Doesn't sound like "prepared" or "ahead" for any reasonable definition of "prepared" or "ahead".

Prepared in a way that they have relatively cheap electricity and thy make their own chips, like the Chinese who control 70% of the market.

The low man on the totom pole is the consumer who gets has been, old technology, and used equipment .   Even KNC couldnt make it after they scammed tens of millions of investor money.  Because they cant design and manufacture fast enough.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
As evidenced by this thread words from Bitfury mean nothing, except perhaps that they're somewhat good at PR.

Yeah and unfortunately its a big one. They've certainly never scammed anyone but we just can't trust anything they say any more. We fell for it more than once and the rugs been pulled out from under us again and again. It also boggles the mind that after completing my 50th - and probably my last - hardware review, that there has not been one IRL picture or miner seen by a third party since their generation one boards. Bitfury, the leading hardware manufacturer of ghost hardware.

last why bitmain going private ?. !!! or your done dealing with it ? and finally see others point of view of how much the big guys really Don't care any more .

What do you mean by that? I don't understand the first part.

boggles the mind that after completing my 50th - and probably my last - hardware review
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Yeah and unfortunately its a big one. They've certainly never scammed anyone but we just can't trust anything they say any more. We fell for it more than once and the rugs been pulled out from under us again and again. It also boggles the mind that after completing my 50th - and probably my last - hardware review, that there has not been one IRL picture or miner seen by a third party since their generation one boards. Bitfury, the leading hardware manufacturer of ghost hardware.

last why bitmain going private ?. !!! or your done dealing with it ? and finally see others point of view of how much the big guys really Don't care any more .

What do you mean by that? I don't understand the first part.
legendary

and

when i read that blog one time from some one from bitfury back in the 70 'S about his family, I knew then it was BS they were feeding us because if they really cared wed have those chips it was  one big troll or PR to get the big bucks involved with the best advertisement around and it's free, us and these forums . Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Been interesting watching Bitfury devolve from one of the most respected miner manufacturers,  to basically just a level or two below pond scum.

They have always mined for themselves and been at least 5 steps ahead of the public.  Bitmain is only 2 steps ahead of the public.

July 9, 2016:

Bitfury CEO Valery Vavilov, who estimates electricity makes up between 90 and 95 percent of bitcoin mining costs, says one way his firm stays competitive is by making its own hardware.

He also says the company, founded in 2011, is prepared for the mining reward cut. "We're prepared - we already went through one halving event in 2012," he said. "You can forecast this...so you have time to prepare, and if you're prepared you can live quite easily."

Bitfury had 15%-ish of the network in 2015, currently less than 10%. Doesn't sound like "prepared" or "ahead" for any reasonable definition of "prepared" or "ahead".
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

July 9, 2016:

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
i wanted so badly to buy a non-bitmain miner!!!!! Cry

hell the sad part of it all they prolly had to buy them too lol.  What a mess btc turning into.

Best Regards
d57heinz

The bitch of it is...these ASIC companies will beat each other up ,but one or more will STILL keep the diff up,no matter what it's over fer da home miner  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

hell the sad part of it all they prolly had to buy them too lol.  What a mess btc turning into.

Best Regards
d57heinz
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
any day now guys Smiley  any day.

just kidding
legendary

The word for what you are describing is trolling. Tongue

Well put if they really cared etc wed have the chips by now it was one big troll , to sell to the rich or in a nicer word those who can afford it.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501

Aw,feeling sorry for Bitfury?? Don't worry they'll give you first dibs on chips or miners for your loyalty I'm sure  Wink

I think that quite unlikely. I am a nobody, and have zero skin in this game. I am just surprised at all the vitriol fired off in their direction for reasons that don't seem worth it. They claimed they would sell parts to miners "soon". It's obvious they won't, or more likely can't, make good on those claims. I think that hardly puts them in the same league with BFL, KNC, HashFast, Black Arrow and so forth.

We should probably just let this thread die a natural death. Continuing to rant and rail about BitFury seems rather pointless at this time. Just my opinion, nothing more.

The word for what you are describing is trolling. Tongue
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

Aw,feeling sorry for Bitfury?? Don't worry they'll give you first dibs on chips or miners for your loyalty I'm sure  Wink

I think that quite unlikely. I am a nobody, and have zero skin in this game. I am just surprised at all the vitriol fired off in their direction for reasons that don't seem worth it. They claimed they would sell parts to miners "soon". It's obvious they won't, or more likely can't, make good on those claims. I think that hardly puts them in the same league with BFL, KNC, HashFast, Black Arrow and so forth.

We should probably just let this thread die a natural death. Continuing to rant and rail about BitFury seems rather pointless at this time. Just my opinion, nothing more.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
While it's quite possible that I missed something, when did BitFury take in money on miners and then not deliver them? Did anybody on this forum send money to BitFury for their 16nm ASIC development? While it's possible that they may have posted some of this to blunt the march of Bitmain's S9, that's about as nefarious as it seems to me.

While it's unfortunate that they produced the videos and posted here months ago, I think it's just as likely that they got screwed by the3 timing and TSMC fabrication problems as they did anything horrible to screw over the home mining folks in general.

Activity: 546
Merit: 253
To my knowledge Bitfury has done nothing that would amount to criminal acts.  The integrity of the company and those who run it can  be argued. I think a lot of people,  me included feel jaded by empty promises, by what once was a premier small/home miner company.
Pages:
Jump to: