Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 7. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
nice new tech. and the new s9 but a little bit to expenscive still Wink

...think....
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
nice new tech. and the new s9 but a little bit to expenscive still Wink
Activity: 99
These people claim to have a test run conducted by bitfury in the coming weeks in ROG.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
Bitfury has a buyer from India claiming they placed an order for 4 16Ph containers. I was on shock when I heard this. Can anyone confirm if they're in production again?

While it's an interesting question, I can't imagine that anyone on this forum that knows, would be allowed to answer. Anyone else that does answer is more or less speculating. Without an associated delivery date, and cost, the order itself isn't of much interest. There's a huge difference between placing an order and actually having it delivered. If true you would think that could easily consume most of their available ASIC's for a while.......
Activity: 99
Bitfury has a buyer from India claiming they placed an order for 4 16Ph containers. I was on shock when I heard this. Can anyone confirm if they're in production again?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
It's also possible they are having problems with the chip. Would not be the first time, I've noticed that designing a chip is simple, powering it is another matter altogether....

That would be very disappointing.

It's normal to have issues, but by this time they should have at least a second and better batch...
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
It's also possible they are having problems with the chip. Would not be the first time, I've noticed that designing a chip is simple, powering it is another matter altogether....

That would be very disappointing.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
i also have been talking to bitfury trying to get the 16nm chip but they always only offer $1m buy order then thay tell me i can buy smaller orders of chips or miners from one of there partners but after many times of asking where to buy they always say we will connect you to them...... time and time again.
i have access to board designers,PCB manufacturing,PCB tooling...........but with all this I CANT GET 1 CHIP...... so frustrating!!!!

That's because BitFury doesn't give a shit about this forum!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
i also have been talking to bitfury trying to get the 16nm chip but they always only offer $1m buy order then thay tell me i can buy smaller orders of chips or miners from one of there partners but after many times of asking where to buy they always say we will connect you to them...... time and time again.
i have access to board designers,PCB manufacturing,PCB tooling...........but with all this I CANT GET 1 CHIP...... so frustrating!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
what's the status about the shitty miner producers?

BitFury bankrupt soon?

Why don't you produce your own miner and make it better? It's cutting edge technology, things might not always work the way they are meant to.

greed is the root of all evil  Wink
... and most progress. One must learn self control.
legendary
Activity: 2212
The chips are not in the hands of the miner manufacturers yet, they dropped the 8 ball on this one.  Undecided

You think they'll pull a AsicMiner fiasco in some way?? 
legendary
Activity: 980
aka "whocares"
The chips are not in the hands of the miner manufacturers yet, they dropped the 8 ball on this one.  Undecided
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
We just have to accept that bitfury failed with 16nm chips.
Something went very wrong.
They might fix it, or stick to 18nm chips.

But nevertheless, they lost the asics battle this time.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Soooo, "2 weeks™" to go??  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
The real issue is they took too long getting to market.

HELLO S9......with very competative stats.

So much for Bitfury getting to be the "first to market gouge on pricing for a while" option.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I guess it would technically be possible to have a "0nm" chip based on some futurisitic quantum design that takes on an entirely different form than anything currently.

The problem is, it becomes a 0.01nm chip upon observation and self annihilates Embarrassed
Or thanks to quantum fluctuation the gates decide to often be somewhere else when observed eg read or written to Wink
[/quote

String Theory Miner:
That's where the vendor takes your BTC and tells you your miner is in dimension #11.
Thereby fulfilling his contractual obligations and leaving you to prove to the court system it doesn't exit.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
I guess it would technically be possible to have a "0nm" chip based on some futurisitic quantum design that takes on an entirely different form than anything currently.

The problem is, it becomes a 0.01nm chip upon observation and self annihilates Embarrassed
Or thanks to quantum fluctuation the gates decide to often be somewhere else when observed eg read or written to Wink
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
at some point it has to stop ? what I mean is when it goes to zero nm will it  start like - 90 nm , often wondered what happens at zero. even before i got into bitcoins with just PC's.

if it were 0 nm  it would not exist.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
what's the status about the shitty miner producers?

BitFury bankrupt soon?

C'mon show some respect for them. They are not comparable with the greedy KnC!
+1 ^
As far as anyone knows they have not taken a single Satoshi from the Public. All costs from the earthquake delay at TSMC has been born by BitFury, it's investors, and whoever they have lined up as integrators to actually build miners using their chip.

Now if any integrators counting on using the chips have taken pre-orders for miners from the general public -- dunna know. Certainly cannot blame BitFury if any did -- that would be between said miner mfgr's  and their customers.
Pages:
Jump to: