Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 61. (Read 108494 times)

legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
I think the best result to come of this news is it's making Bitmain supporters/sellers squirm a bit.  I smell a price drop on miners coming soon😜  Well for me regardless of who is throwing the hash online.  For me the cat is outta the bag. 1 ex is on the cusp and like I've said buying miners now to only have the network jump 40% is just silly.  Been there done that with s1's. Only bad deal then price was dropping crazy aswell

Best regards
D57heinz
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
"Sales to the public" probably like every other chip producers, "you have 7 digit numbers in your pocket, we sell"
Activity: 129
Merit: 100

It would appear that the "28nm full custom" generation is going to have a VERY SHORT viable lifespan - I'd say less than a year for ANY of it unless you have VERY VERY VERY cheap or free electric.

Maybe, but the major difference to 28nm is the supply voltage.
0.35V is indeed very low and would be very impressive if they can achieve this with high yield and high GH/mm².
Otherwise the $/GH at this efficiency level would be too high to compete with very cost efficient 28nm ASICs.

And taking the general quadratic relation between voltage and efficiency into account, the SP 28nm custom ASIC (claimed to have 0.15 J/GH @ 0.55V) would theoretically run with 0.06 J/GH @ 0.35V too.
The question is, if it is still functional there and at which GH/mm² this would end up.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Just when I was hoping difficulty increases would stabilize a little bit

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Not this year.
 Perhaps middle of NEXT year, with a drop at the halfing for a short while.

You've OBVIOUSLY not been paying attention to "new gear in production" or "new gear available SOON" announcements.

They have been having these announcements all the time. Wasn't KNC suppose to come out with some 0.05Gh/W miners also in 2014?

Like Cointerra in 15Q1.

Bitfury has its own PR weirdness which is why we have to be cautious with promises. Talk is cheap when you're paying close to 7 figures a year for PR.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Not this year.

You've OBVIOUSLY not been paying attention to "new gear in production" or "new gear available SOON" announcements.

They have been having these announcements all the time. Wasn't KNC suppose to come out with some 0.05Gh/W miners also in 2014?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Not this year.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Y'all are forgetting something.

I'd BET that their "for domestic use" means those LIGHTBULBS of theirs, NOT "home miners".

More fury and noise meaning NOTHING NEW AFAIK (other than the "now in production" part of the announcement).

They're not the only folks claiming 0.1w/GH or less on their hardware, BTW.
 KnC made that claim about their "Solar" chips and stated "in production" months ago, yet they seem to be having major yield issues or a cash shortage since they've not ramped up their hashrate much since that "in production" claim.

They're also not the only claim of "full custom" at the 14/16nm level.

It would appear that the "28nm full custom" generation is going to have a VERY SHORT viable lifespan - I'd say less than a year for ANY of it unless you have VERY VERY VERY cheap or free electric.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
wow just wow!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Just when I was hoping difficulty increases would stabilize a little bit this will keep the ball rolling for a little longer if they do release this soon.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Not when they have cooling like this.. Im sure that more will move to cooler locations aswell..  Most of this hashrate isnt joe blow with a cpl ths heating his house for the winter.  Just seen this on blockchain/  That facility can house a ton of miners..  And at the efficiency they claim!! Gonna make for interesting next few years at:)

https://youtu.be/uV7MDhqNyXE?t=27s

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
Anybody else think that current antminer s7 / avalon production is bumping the diff a lot, and that this is hurting big time bitfury's profits and older gear profitability....I'm just saying, knowning how this world works, I wouldnt be the least surprised if these anouncements are made only to make people delay or suspend their own purchases or data center plans for bitcoin, to make them "wait" or rethink their own profitability....so that the diff rises a little less and bitfury makes a little more money, for a little longer.
...Of course everything changes for miners if the btc price grows astronomically in the next decade or two.

nothing will change since all astronomical increases in price would be immediately eaten by corresponding increases in difficulty.
I say, within 3 mo all price increases are usually negated by rising difficulty (not to mention the halvings).
Last few mo are a good example.
You don't think that will slow down some when the summer months, and halving start to approach?  Surely that will slow down some of the difficulty increase....I think lol
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Anybody else think that current antminer s7 / avalon production is bumping the diff a lot, and that this is hurting big time bitfury's profits and older gear profitability....I'm just saying, knowning how this world works, I wouldnt be the least surprised if these anouncements are made only to make people delay or suspend their own purchases or data center plans for bitcoin, to make them "wait" or rethink their own profitability....so that the diff rises a little less and bitfury makes a little more money, for a little longer.
...Of course everything changes for miners if the btc price grows astronomically in the next decade or two.

nothing will change since all astronomical increases in price would be immediately eaten by corresponding increases in difficulty.
I say, within 3 mo all price increases are usually negated by rising difficulty (not to mention the halvings).
Last few mo are a good example.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

It will not be "small guys" most likely.  If your a company making miners most likely is who they would sell to, the question is what MOQ dogie mentioned is required.

It's really early to tell what will happen. I'm not sure hat will happen if they keep pumping these out, difficulty is going crazy is all we know 100 percent.
Actually quite the opposite. We are focused on maximum distribution on all levels. Minimum order quantity (at least in my shop) will be 1 chip.

This got me to watch this thread (and related ones far more closely).
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
That is definitely a good thought, and it has made me included rethink investing in other hardware.  Right now everyone is working on the next most efficient chip, and trying to make their money back as fast as possible.  But, then there is also the need to verify transactions after mining has lost even more of its profitability which is the next stage of bitcoin mining since we already have over 15 million of the 21 million that will ever be in existence.

So this efficiency out of chips will be necessary to run hardware, and they will be poised to lead the market.  Of course everything changes for miners if the btc price grows astronomically in the next decade or two.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
time will tell
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I honestly don't get why would someone sell something this efficient to public? I would keep it to myself and enjoy ROI-ing couple times before thinking of sharing this impressive spec with anyone else Cheesy

Too good to be true though. We will see what happens.

It may be BS !!!  we have to  wait and see Smiley .but why not share it ?. but with bit fury i don't trust it. it might just  be them letting us know they have a nice chip and are lieing to us about selling to the public, unless it's like some one else said they want full control over the bitcoin network and this is how they plan to do it, then shut out every one and any one .
The Problem with one group of people controlling it, is bitcoins could become worthless then they would be handing there own ass to them self because they got to greedie.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
I honestly don't get why would someone sell something this efficient to public? I would keep it to myself and enjoy ROI-ing couple times before thinking of sharing this impressive spec with anyone else Cheesy

Too good to be true though. We will see what happens.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
Ill be following this closely Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: