Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly" - page 57. (Read 108494 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
We are in talks with them.

Let us know what you find out please

Sorry man, signed a non-disclosure agreement.

What was the point announcing you're talking to them then?

To tell you that they are making an effort to sell their technology to Chinese miners?
Not so much as "announcing". Sometimes words just come to your lips and hard to swallow them back. One of such moments.

Fair enough
Activity: 471
Merit: 500

To tell you that they are making an effort to sell their technology to Chinese miners?
Not so much as "announcing". Sometimes words just come to your lips and hard to swallow them back. One of such moments.
legendary
Activity: 974
NDAs.... reminds me of HashFast times  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Lucky dog. They haven't gotten back to me yet.
Activity: 588

Yes does not make a lot of sense... Perhaps he could post a copy of the NDA?  Smiley

Rich

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Is he talking about bitfury or innosilicon?  Huh

BitFury.

One day this industry will get by without NDAs. Bitfury has been screaming to the world about their chips so we already know their specs, and the technical information can in large parts be reverse engineered the second any OEM boards are shipped. The prices and sales conditions are something that funamendally should never be NDAed and its a sign of bad things. There's no good tweeting you want 2MB blocks when you're simultaneously keeping people quiet.

[For the record I was asked to sign an invalid NDA with Spondoolies, a gentleman's NDA with Bitmain, and nothing with any other company.]

Is he talking about bitfury or innosilicon?  Huh

BitFury.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506

Is he talking about bitfury or innosilicon?  Huh

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Was the A2 a full custom design?

Bit more than a node shrink if it wasn't.

Bit more than a node shrink if it was - FinFET is a significantly different technology than what has come before.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
On the other hand, they have specifically hyped that the A4 is "proven technology" in their press release about it, and SPECIFIED it had already taped out.

Or only minor design changes + node shrink.
legendary
Innosilicon doesn't have and never has shown the "hype" mentality of most cryptocoin ASIC producers.
Consider how they introduced the A2 - AFTER they had it in full production.

I suspect it's that they don't RELY on cryptocoin chips, they had a long-established chip business before they came up with the A1.

On the other hand, they have specifically hyped that the A4 is "proven technology" in their press release about it, and SPECIFIED it had already taped out.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I do not think Inno taped out yet.
If this was the case , they would scream adds and PR
legendary
or just go to their website, the new chips are on the website

http://www.innosilicon.com

They taped out the scrypt A4 chip. Nothing on the SHA A3. They are also still looking for investors to buy the masks for the A4, so it will be a while before anything comes out...and definitely nothing on the horizon for SHA chips.

Source?
They are selling known-as-working-masks or searching investors to finance the masks?

http://www.innosilicon.com/html/news/11.html

They did say in at least one comment somewhere on bitcointalk that the A3 and A4 would be released at the same time - though the A3 might come out first since they apparently don't think they NEED "investors" to be worth proceeding with it.

I'd bet that one of their A4 investors is Zoomhash - they've been moving a lot of A2 units pretty cheap for a while now....
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
or just go to their website, the new chips are on the website

http://www.innosilicon.com

They taped out the scrypt A4 chip. Nothing on the SHA A3. They are also still looking for investors to buy the masks for the A4, so it will be a while before anything comes out...and definitely nothing on the horizon for SHA chips.

Source?
They are selling known-as-working-masks or searching investors to finance the masks?
legendary
Activity: 910
I am waiting for updates  Grin
Activity: 464
Merit: 250
TLDR; do not sell BTC to pay electricity

I mine for heat, which translates to exchanging fiat for "more anonymous" BTC and getting the heat for free.

The only way to avoid confiscation of BTC is to mine.

I'm guessing it's about 99% certainty that we will get cashless base salary in the west when things go sour here, and that means they will ban private holding of BTC.

The whole "mining is over" meme is so old economy.

To the moon and beyond (confiscation).

For big mining farms, they have to sell bitcoin to pay for the device and electricity. For home miners, we can keep the bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: