Pages:
Author

Topic: BITGILD.com - Bitcoin to Gold || LIVE CHARTS - BITCOIN TO GOLD || - page 2. (Read 32392 times)

copper member
Activity: 2828
Merit: 4065
@Febo

Yep, the shipping is free for orders above 1000€. And no, there is no other cost when ordering. The insurance is covered by Bitgild.

I haven't heard about any limit of gold/silver people can buy. At least there is no mention of it in the ToS or FAQ. I tried to add 10 gold bars of 250g in my shopping cart and didn't get any restriction.
But if you're from Europe, above 10 000€ you will need to verify your identity (Dutch money laundering act)

Replying to myself.

⏱️ Due to extreme demand for gold and silver our shipping times are longer than usual. Our average shipping time is currently 7 to 10 working days.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
On the site I read for EU they dont charge any shipping costs when you order for over 1000 eur.  My question is are there any other costs? Insurance comes to my mind. I saw some other gold seller had 0.5% insurance mentioned. Also is there any limit up to what value they send? Even a million eur of gold?
copper member

That was 2 months ago
Has anyone placed an order during the month of April or the last 30 days?

I'd like to know if there is still a waiting period due to the high demand for gold and silver.
I'm going to place another order in the next few days, so it's just to know since I need to anticipate the UPSdelivery. The site doesn't indicate any such problems

Thanks in advance

Or @Bitgild, If you ever come by
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I am on week 6 since my order, waiting for the item to be reshipped after problems at their warehouse. This situation is really annoying me now.
copper member

I bet they will ship your package during the week.

The merchant you're talking about has surely a bigger stock than Bitgild. But all other merchants accepting Bitcoin, at least most of them, are in the same situation as Bitgild. You can check it yourself. I know in the US there are also merchants that decided to sell to professionals only (there is a rush in The US for gold coins) and some stopped INTL delivery.

But it's true the mints are very busy at the moment. This explaining that. Can't really blame them if there is high demand.

Finally received my order last week, I'm totally happy even though I was the "victim of a bug" Cheesy, they were very careful with my order. I'll definitely return to buy from them soon
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082

I knew there is currently a high demand for gold and silver but didn't expect it will take more time with Bitgild, especially since there was no notice and when I asked they told me they would ship my items about Wednesday this week.
I'm aware the situation is the same with almost every website selling gold/silver that accepts Bitcoin. Some of them are out of stock for most coins, or there is a 1 month period to wait, or they literally stopped accepting new orders for international shipping.

If I had known it would take so long I would have placed my order at a quieter time.
The worst thing is that with this delay I'm not even sure I can be there to receive my order. and choosing the UPS point pick up delivery won't change anything since I won't be around  Undecided

How it's going to work if I'm not here to receive the order? UPS sends it back to you after xx days. Then, how do you deal with it?

Edit: I just got a second email with the shipping details. So, sent as they said.
Thank you

i have see this only now, otherwise I would never have bought from them. I don't understand why 15 days to ship an order, I buy gold from other online sites (but with credit card payment) and the order is shipped the next day. I have ordered for 9 days and I am still in processing, luckily I only wanted to place a small order to try the service, I will definitely not buy at these conditions anymore
Is Bitgild shut at the moment? I had a parcel that was returned to them by UPS and I have been waiting for nearly two weeks for Bitgild to resend the parcel, but I am no longer getting responses to my mails. If anyone from Bitgild is on here please assist.

I'm not from Bitgild but the same thing happened to me with UPS and they received the parcel several days ago.

I contacted Bitgild twice, Sunday and I think Wednesday (or Tuesday) but received a reply only yesterday. They didn't reply before since they were waiting for a confirmation from their warehouse but didn't get any. And from what I understood the package is ready for shipment but their warehouse is very low at the moment, even to just reply to questions.

I am still waiting for them to resend my package.

edit: just got an email some minutes ago while typing here and I have the new UPS link and the parcel is on the road
Thank you very much

@endofmytether
I guess patience is all we need, hope you get your parcel asap

Yes I have now just received confirmation that parcel should be shipped early next week. All is good  Smiley
copper member
Is Bitgild shut at the moment? I had a parcel that was returned to them by UPS and I have been waiting for nearly two weeks for Bitgild to resend the parcel, but I am no longer getting responses to my mails. If anyone from Bitgild is on here please assist.

I'm not from Bitgild but the same thing happened to me with UPS and they received the parcel several days ago.

I contacted Bitgild twice, Sunday and I think Wednesday (or Tuesday) but received a reply only yesterday. They didn't reply before since they were waiting for a confirmation from their warehouse but didn't get any. And from what I understood the package is ready for shipment but their warehouse is very low at the moment, even to just reply to questions.

I am still waiting for them to resend my package.

edit: just got an email some minutes ago while typing here and I have the new UPS link and the parcel is on the road
Thank you very much

@endofmytether
I guess patience is all we need, hope you get your parcel asap
copper member
Send an email to ask for a refund. I hope Bitgild will show their professionalism. Since I paid my order with Bitcoin, I expect to receive a refund in Bitcoin. I don't want to receive EUROs from a company selling gold for obvious reasons, especially since we're talking about 4 digit numbers

I contacted you by email and I have proofs that I am not responsible for UPS failure. I never refused the package since I have never seen them.
copper member

I knew there is currently a high demand for gold and silver but didn't expect it will take more time with Bitgild, especially since there was no notice and when I asked they told me they would ship my items about Wednesday this week.
I'm aware the situation is the same with almost every website selling gold/silver that accepts Bitcoin. Some of them are out of stock for most coins, or there is a 1 month period to wait, or they literally stopped accepting new orders for international shipping.

If I had known it would take so long I would have placed my order at a quieter time.
The worst thing is that with this delay I'm not even sure I can be there to receive my order. and choosing the UPS point pick up delivery won't change anything since I won't be around  Undecided

How it's going to work if I'm not here to receive the order? UPS sends it back to you after xx days. Then, how do you deal with it?

Edit: I just got a second email with the shipping details. So, sent as they said.
Thank you
copper member
Is Bitgild still recommendable?

Yep, for sure.

After 6-7 years online their reputation is established and they're very good to reply to a variety of questions to the clients. It shows their professionalism and that they know what they're talking about.
It's the best place, especially for the European citizens. You receive your order within a week (if the situation with covid-19 doesn't take more time but I don't think it's the case currently)

I advise you to choose the UPS Pickup Point because since the crisis started with Covid-19, UPS doesn't ask for your signature for a delivery at home so if you're not here they may simply leave your order in your mailboxes. (it's UPS directives)

The only thing I regret is not being able to buy french coins. Once I found one and I wasn't able to buy it immediately. Some days later it was no longer listed  Cry
It won't stop me to place an order during the following days lol

Edit: new order placed
Activity: 27
Merit: 5

We are still very much a live, but we have not monitored this post too much. Somehow bitcointalk only notifies about new messages for a certain period of time, and then all of a sudden the notifications stop. Apologies for the people that were hoping for our response from us here and did not get one. I will try to monitor comments here every now and then, but for direct support, please email us at support [at] bitgild.com.

@Haraldblaa for recommendations you should ask the folks around here. We can't recommend ourselves Wink
Activity: 2
Activity: 1
Hi bitgild

I placed an order on November 23, in europe, country european union, under 3000 euro, i haven't received a shipping email yet, i have send email to customer service with order number and i haven't received a reply yet, what happens ? .
Activity: 81
Merit: 24
Hm I have some issues. I wanted to order but afterwards I noticed that you have
1. a much lower btc/eur price than the current market (your rate is 11 587 € but the market says 11.734 €!)
2. at the end a bigger amount than in the order process (1oz gold valcambi for 1688 but at the end I paid 1722 euro -.- )

Finally I paid 1742 euro for an ounce which was actually just 1688 euro in your shop when I place the order Sad [that are nearly 100 euro for an ounce than in a normal online goldshop...)

So how do you explain that? I normally trust your service but this was very disappointing..

PS: also the payment status is "pending" although I paid successfully (did screenshot).

EDIT

WTF! Moreover I have to verify my identity now?! I really feel fucked up by you -.-

In your mail you wrote:

"Thank you for your order and continued trust in our services. As per our terms and conditions your order has triggered our KYC policy, which means we kindly ask you to verify your identity through our verification page.

What does cause the trigger?

If your order is more than €10.000
    or if all your orders combined add up to €10.000 or more "

=> in which world is 1 order for 1700 10k?! If that is no error from you I will never ever buy from you again of course -.-
i feel much better.
Thank you.
I'm kind of in panic mode right now.
I have read the good reviews so I decided to place a rather large sum order, to be paid in bitcoin.
So I choose to pay in Bitcoin and the invoice with timer pops up.
I copy the address and amount and do the bitcoin payment.

Then I watch as the timer goes all the way down to zero.

Now my account shows the order as "cancelled", but the bitcoin payment was made.

What will happen now?

Vavoo, all good. Your payment was slightly underpaid by a minuscule amount of bitcoin, which is why the bitcoin invoice was not completed automatically. We got your funds, and will continue processing your order.
I'm kind of in panic mode right now.
I have read the good reviews so I decided to place a rather large sum order, to be paid in bitcoin.
So I choose to pay in Bitcoin and the invoice with timer pops up.
I copy the address and amount and do the bitcoin payment.

Then I watch as the timer goes all the way down to zero.

Now my account shows the order as "cancelled", but the bitcoin payment was made.

What will happen now?

Hi, alright, I've sent out an email again. Unfortunately now I got a confirmation that the order was sent to Norway, although I've requested an address change on 10th July.

Hi Redvex,

Please see our latest email. The order country was indeed set to Norway, but our department has noticed it and has altered the shipment to DE instead. Package is on its way.
Pages:
Jump to: