Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread - page 8. (Read 158102 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
has anyone tried higher freq's like these in an S3?
        #option 'freq_value'    '0f82'  #400M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '400'
        #option 'timeout'       '10'

#option 'freq_value'    '0e82'  #375M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '375'

#option 'freq_value'    '0d82'  #350M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '350'
        #option 'timeout'       '11'

#option 'freq_value'    '0c82'  #325M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '325'
        #option 'timeout'       '12'

#option 'freq_value'    '0b82'  #300M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '300'
        #option 'timeout'       '13'

#option 'freq_value'    '0a82'  #275M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '275'
        #option 'timeout'       '14'

#option 'freq_value'    '0982'  #250M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '250'
        #option 'timeout'       '15'

just playing with oc'n my use s3.

On an s3 you'll be lucky to get it at the 243, you might go 225. You'll find a bunch of x's or -'s for your asic chips. I have a s3+ that doesn't like it past the 250. Also remember to adjust your voltage. If you play too much...the saying goes ya pay to play.

Good Luck and Happy Mining!!
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
has anyone tried higher freq's like these in an S3?
        #option 'freq_value'    '0f82'  #400M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '400'

#option 'freq_value'    '0e82'  #375M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '375'

#option 'freq_value'    '0d82'  #350M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '350'
        #option 'timeout'       '11'

#option 'freq_value'    '0c82'  #325M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '325'
        #option 'timeout'       '12'

#option 'freq_value'    '0b82'  #300M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '300'
        #option 'timeout'       '13'

#option 'freq_value'    '0a82'  #275M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '275'
        #option 'timeout'       '14'

#option 'freq_value'    '0982'  #250M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '250'
        #option 'timeout'       '15'

just playing with oc'n my use s3.
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
I think I have a bad controller card on one of my S3s. Can I use the card from an old S1?
I heard people saying that it is the same card you should get away with it. It takes the same firmware I'm not sure if you should upgrade firmware before you put it on the s3.

The S1 and S3 control boards should be interoperable. When purchasing the upgrade kit from S1 to S3, you were required to use the same controller. Also, you can upgrade the firmware after replacing the card.  The unit simply won't hash until you flash it to use S3 firmware.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
I think I have a bad controller card on one of my S3s. Can I use the card from an old S1?
I heard people saying that it is the same card you should get away with it. It takes the same firmware I'm not sure if you should upgrade firmware before you put it on the s3.
MOBU

Why do you think you have a bad controller? Don't know about an S1 card but I doubt it. Probably not the right interface. So...don't know. Sorry.
Activity: 442
Found Lost beach - quiet now
MOBU
Whelp...never thought I'd be saying this....I think I mighta bricked my control board! Damn!!!
hey bud your talking about an s3 right? if so I got mine unbricked so if you want could help you with the process you need that usb i was talking about though.

Yup...getting ready to check fleabay. He's been outa stock but was expecting more this week. I saved the seller link you sent me. Thanks. Sounded like the best/usd to me. I'll let ya know. It was a stupid mistake. My fault.
Whelp...never thought I'd be saying this....I think I mighta bricked my control board! Damn!!!
hey bud your talking about an s3 right? if so I got mine unbricked so if you want could help you with the process you need that usb i was talking about though.
MOBU
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Big shout out to Billy and James at Bitmain USA.  Thanks for your help with my S3 pcb boards.  The Denver Bitcoin Center is an awesome resource to get networked in the BTC world.  Thanks again to Billy and James.  Go Bitmaintech!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Quick question, can I install the last firmware antMiner_S320150109.bin on any S3 ??

One of my S3 does have the advanced setup tab.

Thanks
The latest firmware should be fine on all S3/S3+ machines. It's probably best to be on the latest, just for the fact you can easily change frequencies. Other than that no boost in performance, but the miners without the advanced tab will have a newer version of cgminer, which helps with some issues for a few pools.

Kano and ck are working on an updated cgminer for the S3.  They release it for the S1, S3 will come after they do the S2.  Hopefully it will help with issues folks have.

For example, after a restart my oc'd S3+ runs at 500gh/s and slowly decays to 480gh/s over a day or two.  I doubt this has anything to do with the version of cgminer it's running, but updated software may help.
Activity: 294
Quick question, can I install the last firmware antMiner_S320150109.bin on any S3 ??

Thanks
The latest firmware should be fine on all S3/S3+ machines. It's probably best to be on the latest, just for the fact you can easily change frequencies. Other than that no boost in performance, but the miners without the advanced tab will have a newer version of cgminer, which helps with some issues for a few pools.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1364
Hey all,

I really need your help here.

I'm trying to install my antminer S3 at work, but can't find it over a browser.
I know that my IP adress might be the problem. 192.168.10.x

How can I setup my miner then ?
Kinda new to ethernet connect miners...

Thx for your help.

your IP is a problem.. you need to be on the same sub network.
so you are on 10.X and your miner is on 1.99 *Default*

so that means you cant see it..

what you need to do is hook a laptop or something directly to it, with an IP in the 1.X range and set the S3 up with a 10.X IP, then you will be set.

if you are at work, you probably cant, and shouldnt try, to change the work computers IP..

pluss adding IP's to the network is probably not a good idea either..

does your work have wifi?

Ok I'll try that.

Yes my work has wifi.
S3 has wifi i it ?

Any tutorial to configure it for wifi ?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Hey all,

Thx for your help.

your IP is a problem.. you need to be on the same sub network.
so you are on 10.X and your miner is on 1.99 *Default*

so that means you cant see it..

what you need to do is hook a laptop or something directly to it, with an IP in the 1.X range and set the S3 up with a 10.X IP, then you will be set.

if you are at work, you probably cant, and shouldnt try, to change the work computers IP..

pluss adding IP's to the network is probably not a good idea either..

does your work have wifi?

Activity: 294
Hey all,

Thx for your help.

If you have the miner all set up correctly and set the miner up for a dchp connection it should work, but you really couldn't find it then easily. Taking the subnet you are on, I'd scan all IPs until I found it. I would change the port of the http daemon to be something unusual. That way I could check each available IP for an http response on port 2342, for example. Change the port by editing the /etc/config/uhttpd file. You would need to scan the ports from work.

What exactly do you have access to at work, regarding the network?

It might be easiest to connect a router that you can access, to the work's internet. However not all routers will work as uplinks. Then connect the miner to that. That way you could access the miner by way of a device that connects to that router.
legendary
Activity: 1364
Hey all,

Thx for your help.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
A good way of cooling the Antminer S3s is to take off the cowl and connect fans to the heatsinks. I have bought some old CPU LGA 775 fans for a less than £2 each and wedged them over the heatsinks (the clip fits between the heatsink and the metal case by the fan). You can fit 2 per side and then use a 5 way pwm splitter to power all the fans from the existing S3 pwm connector.
I'm not sure. no141 got me started down this road  Smiley  I'm sure I'm on the wrong thread, but I wanna find out if I can change the asic voltage for OCing the r-Box110gh. I don't know if that piece will let me into the internal programming.  It does use the 2102 interface. Thanks for the link!

Has anyone ever tried it??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671128.
MOBU
I'm not sure. no141 got me started down this road  Smiley  I'm sure I'm on the wrong thread, but I wanna find out if I can change the asic voltage for OCing the r-Box110gh. I don't know if that piece will let me into the internal programming.  It does use the 2102 interface. Thanks for the link!

Has anyone ever tried it??
Pages:
Jump to: