Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order - page 3. (Read 530807 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Just have 1 S9 that is driving me crazy.
No matter which firmware i run on it, including modified firmwares, the fans keep on ramoing up and down.
Goes to max rpm for like 4 seconds the  lower speeds for 2min, max speed 4sec, low speed 2min.....as a neverending cycled.
I have replaced the fans...same.
Chip temp is 73max.

Any advise? Is the control board faulty?

Did you try using the other fan plugs, or switching fan plug positions (fan6 to fan5 and fan5 to fan6)? Does your control board include more than 2 fan connectors?
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
Just have 1 S9 that is driving me crazy.
No matter which firmware i run on it, including modified firmwares, the fans keep on ramoing up and down.
Goes to max rpm for like 4 seconds the  lower speeds for 2min, max speed 4sec, low speed 2min.....as a neverending cycled.
I have replaced the fans...same.
Chip temp is 73max.

Any advise? Is the control board faulty?
Activity: 103
Merit: 1

I'm getting an S9 in US almost every week and so far never payed any duties - DHL is the cheapest courier for me and it goes to my personal address...

Directly from bitmain?

Yes, directly from bitmain - never had a problem (and they gave me a bunch of coupons in the past)...
hello guys, mainly from the US, I need little help here.

So it's banned from importing miners where I reside now and I have a friend who owns a company in the US (NY) to who I can send the miners so he can ship it back.

Do you guy pays extra customs duties on top of the shipping?
is there a preferred shipper to use?
is it better to ship to a commercial or personal address?

Thanks.

I'm getting an S9 in US almost every week and so far never payed any duties - DHL is the cheapest courier for me and it goes to my personal address...

Directly from bitmain?
Activity: 103
Merit: 1

So it's banned from importing miners where I reside now and I have a friend who owns a company in the US (NY) to who I can send the miners so he can ship it back.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Activity: 141
Merit: 18
BScEE, BScCS, MScCS
Anybody tested the efficiency of an S9i with the new asicboost firmware?
Any significant improvement?
Activity: 294
Merit: 129

can't get it to 15T, the highest is 14.2T for a S9 13.5T.

what are your settings/frequency? as beyond 750 it is not stable and not going above 12.xT

Mine is running fixed at 700mhz to get a stable 15TH. Not sure why yours would be running so slow if you are pushing 750mhz
Is it possible to make a 13T or 13.5T a 14T miner?
I mean they have the same number of chips and same firmware flashed for all?

On the auto tune S9s the speed is baked into the board and the firmware reads from it to know how fast to run the board. Physically they are all identical. You can use a fixed firmware or braiins OS to give yourself the ability to select speeds yourself. I currently have a 13.5TH s9 running the braiins firmware @ 15TH stable for the last week.

can't get it to 15T, the highest is 14.2T for a S9 13.5T.

what are your settings/frequency? as beyond 750 it is not stable and not going above 12.xT
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

On the auto tune S9s the speed is baked into the board and the firmware reads from it to know how fast to run the board. Physically they are all identical. You can use a fixed firmware or braiins OS to give yourself the ability to select speeds yourself. I currently have a 13.5TH s9 running the braiins firmware @ 15TH stable for the last week.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s9-volt-rocket-ship-firmware-mod-time-to-max-out-your-bitmain-psu-4513567
Activity: 294
Merit: 129

I am really looking forward to a new BTC miner instead of all of these alt coin miners.  Alt coin miners have shown to have a short lifespan.

check the ASIC miner C8
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I am really looking forward to a new BTC miner instead of all of these alt coin miners.  Alt coin miners have shown to have a short lifespan.
can I flash the 14T S9i firmware on a 14T S9?

the S9i run cooler, fans a lower speeds

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Well the S11 better be something really quick, it’s not getting any easier to make a return mining BTC..
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
Any idea on how efficient the S11 will be?

Check to see how much the network power has spiked. That's prob bitmain testing.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
No they haven't published any details
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Any idea on how efficient the S11 will be?
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
You should find out the company and contact them directly. I don't see how posting here helps figuring out the situation.
Pages:
Jump to: