Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order - page 4. (Read 530807 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
^ Which company are you talking about?

The person who sell it to him told that he order it online, and my friend only base on the receipt that he get from that person.. I will ask him what supplier who provide the miner, will notify you if i meet him tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
^ Which company are you talking about?
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
One of my co-miner bough a second hand S9 with box and receipt from supplier from his friend.. But after a few weeks of use, he got an connection error, we thought that it was in the pool we use, but we discover the error came from a faulty hardware.. The problem is 1 month since my friend contacted the supplier contact but until now he doesn't receive any reply from the company, I hope if anyone here who representing the company, kindly give the guidelines about how to get the warranty.  Thanks
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Ouch.

I know that one of the engineers (maybe more?) left and joined Bitewei company.
And he is doing great job, the Whatsminer M10 is going to be really efficient considering that it is 16nm tech.

It is starting to look bad for the 'S11'.

Yeah  that move seems to have ended bit main's higher quality or more efficient reign.

I have a thread about it somewhere .

I think they panicked when it happened and went after gpu mining as a way to make money and they basically crashed the entire crypto currency market doing so.
legendary
Ouch.

I know that one of the engineers (maybe more?) left and joined Bitewei company.
And he is doing great job, the Whatsminer M10 is going to be really efficient considering that it is 16nm tech.

It is starting to look bad for the 'S11'.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
.@Caijing, a major financial publication in #China, just published an in-depth piece on the #BitmainIPO fiasco: massive Q2 losses, pre-IPO investors jumping ship / denying involvement, tech team behind S7/S9 left and now no new advancements, AND patents are rendered invalid.🍿📉

The massive losses in Q2 explain WHY the push for an IPO.

https://twitter.com/Excellion/status/1034413924605603840

Activity: 500
Merit: 105
noticed that the new models S9i do connect very fast to the pool. when powering it ON, it is taking around 30s
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
Not sure that adding water to a high voltage setup is worth the risk at that price and efficiency.
Also have to take into account water cooling hardware: a couple of hoses per miner at a bare minimum.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Why do bitmain only offer the hydro version and the antbox on the cn website?

I Like the idea of the watter cooling it would help for those who have issues with heat and mining in smaller locations thought the price could be a little better considering the price of the S9 right now.

I like the antbox as a one-stop solution though I do think you may be cheaper buying a larger container and building one out to suit but as a commercial buy in option I can see them selling a few.

i know it doesn't answer your question, but you can buy CN-only Bitmain products on alibaba, if you're particularly keen.
legendary
I don't get why you are defending their pricing. So what if there are some r&d costs. It still doesn't make any sense to have double price.

And we can't say for sure that there will be a water cooled version for the 'S11'. There was a long pause after the Antminer C1 before we saw this second water cooled miner model from Bitmain.
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
Well if it is double price vs. the air cooled version, I think it is justified to say that it is very expensive.

if compared with prices 2 months ago, prices are equal. This is a new developed unit and has to recoup some designing cost.

One thing is for sure: next generation miners will definately also be offered with liquid cooling from bitmain....
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
Bitmain requiring KYC now? What's up with that? Why all of a sudden they required potential buyers to go through this whole KYC process?

Likely related to their plans to go public.

It appears that my driver's license is not sufficient for them. I don't have a passport. Since I am not planning on leaving the country, I'm not going to bother. I hate Bitmain, anyway.

I made a second attempt and this time it was verified. I guess they wanted me to type in both my first and middle name, as it appears on my license. I guess a bonus is that I have 3 middle names, so my license couldn't cram all the characters in and is actually not the name on my birth certificate.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
Why do bitmain only offer the hydro version and the antbox on the cn website?

I Like the idea of the watter cooling it would help for those who have issues with heat and mining in smaller locations thought the price could be a little better considering the price of the S9 right now.

I like the antbox as a one-stop solution though I do think you may be cheaper buying a larger container and building one out to suit but as a commercial buy in option I can see them selling a few.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
Well if it is double price vs. the air cooled version, I think it is justified to say that it is too expensive.

I also assume one have to also add the price of the water circulator. Also the scalability.
legendary
Well if it is double price vs. the air cooled version, I think it is justified to say that it is very expensive.
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
it depends on what you call pricey...
Watercooling opens up a lot of options (at least for me it does.)
It is very very cheap to watercool, saves a lot of space, less investment in sound dampening, and less variation in heat.
It would be very easy to connect to a well source thats always about 10 degrees celcius, thru a heat exchanger, and actually recuperate some of thet normally wasted heat. Especially when you are able to heat your home (or driveway, for that matter). Anyway: the heat is not wasted, and thats money as well..

I think its a great idea, that they should have invented a long time ago.
legendary
A very, very expensive price for the water cooling luxury.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

is it common for bitmain to release china-only products? relatively new to this

any chance this would be available in NA?

Yes, they do that occasionally. They had a GPU miner (G1 I think) that was only ever available in China.

We'll have to wait and see. I'd like to get a couple of those S9 Hydro. If they're as quiet as the C1 was it would be perfect for heating during the winter.

I cannot read Chinese and most of the specs are in picture format so Google translate is of limited use, but I do see 45DBA mentioned. Now weather that is the miner fan, radiator fan, pumps, etc who knows. However is the entire setup only puts out 45DBA this would resurrect home mining where people have affordable electricity.

how much is 7450 cn in usd?

it is 1107 usd

while a stock one with a psu is 499 usd
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
Bitmain requiring KYC now? What's up with that? Why all of a sudden they required potential buyers to go through this whole KYC process?

Likely related to their plans to go public.

It appears that my driver's license is not sufficient for them. I don't have a passport. Since I am not planning on leaving the country, I'm not going to bother. I hate Bitmain, anyway.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: