Pages:
Author

Topic: Boston Marathon Explosions - page 16. (Read 15043 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
April 16, 2013, 11:12:39 AM
This here is pretty much why I agree with the other thread, that compares Bitcoin to John's Gulch from Atlas Shrug, and think that the best, and possibly only, option for us is to just slowly migrate into bitcoin by ourselves, away from the established banking and political system, and leave everyone to their own stupid shit. Easy enough when BTC aren't taxed, aren't restricted, and are easy enough to take with you to other countries and trade for cash there.

John's Gulch from Atlas Shrug? You need to stop buying your books from those discount outlets Wink

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
April 16, 2013, 10:47:37 AM
It only goes to show that most people don't care about anything but existing. They've been  conditioned into thinking that working and providing for their family is all there is. And outside of that they just seek entertainment, they're not interested in political stuff. That's difficult - and difficult - people don't like that.

These are the same masses that are duped by huge PR campaigns and political campaigns before elections.

This here is pretty much why I agree with the other thread, that compares Bitcoin to Galt's Gulch from Atlas Shrug, and think that the best, and possibly only, option for us is to just slowly migrate into bitcoin by ourselves, away from the established banking and political system, and leave everyone to their own stupid shit. Easy enough when BTC aren't taxed, aren't restricted, and are easy enough to take with you to other countries and trade for cash there.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
April 16, 2013, 10:43:27 AM
It's worse than that. Psy has a new video out that in my opinion sucks,

Link?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 16, 2013, 07:07:49 AM
Meanwhile 30 people where killed in a bombing in Afghanistan (during a wedding) today and 50+ people in deadly bombings in Iraq.  But who gives a fuck about them, when some shit goes down in MERIKA! Angry
Am I the only person in the US who can admit that they don't actually care about what's going on in either of these places? I'm so sick of hearing about this crap that I'm actually annoyed by the coverage.

I mean, I hate war and death, yes. But I have no more emotional investment into the concept of 'murica than I do the middle east. It's horrible and all, and yeah I'd rather it not be happening, but it's outside of my control and not even within the realm of my interests. Why should I give some sort of traumatic emotional response to something I'm not at all invested in?

I live in a country that accounts for nearly half of the world's total military spending, so why should I be surprised that there's feedback from our conquests?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
April 16, 2013, 05:45:28 AM
It's worse than that. Psy has a new video out that in my opinion sucks, yet has had 77 million plus views in two days, but here we are in this forum structuring a system to make their lives better and 99,999999% of those viewers could give a shit.

I saw someone saying something to that effect on youtube recently, there was a documentary about monetary systems, and a user said, well - only 110000 views, and a video where some silly girl is drunk on a reality show gets 7 million views.

It only goes to show that most people don't care about anything but existing. They've been  conditioned into thinking that working and providing for their family is all there is. And outside of that they just seek entertainment, they're not interested in political stuff. That's difficult - and difficult - people don't like that.

These are the same masses that are duped by huge PR campaigns and political campaigns before elections.

If everyone straightend up and said: Damn it, I will support the banking system no more, and everybody started accepting bitcoin, then the farmer could take bitcoins for his eggs, he could pay the gas station owner for bitcoins buying his gas, the gas station owner could buy bread from the bakery with bitcoins, and the owner of the bakery could buy eggs from the farmer with the bitcoins. Thus a local economy could be sustained with bitcoin only.

And yes, the most recent PSY video sucks balls. His first one was great, but now it seems like he thinks he's a success no matter what he does, so he just does random shit. Nice asian chicks though.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 16, 2013, 04:54:54 AM
Meanwhile 30 people where killed in a bombing in Afghanistan (during a wedding) today and 50+ people in deadly bombings in Iraq.  But who gives a fuck about them, when some shit goes down in MERIKA! Angry

Millions slaughtered in the middle east?  Who gives a shit, Snooki had a fucking BABY!  Does that mean nothing to you people?!

+1 , only it's not the country I hate. It's our GOVERNMENT, or lack of government.

I'd love a lack of government Grin  Right now, we've got too too much government.  But you're right, I have nothing against this country, or its people.  I just don't like being the 99%.

It's worse than that. Psy has a new video out that in my opinion sucks, yet has had 77 million plus views in two days, but here we are in this forum structuring a system to make their lives better and 99,999999% of those viewers could give a shit.
Activity: 868
April 16, 2013, 04:26:28 AM
It has always occured strange to me that after incidents like this, police, millitary and other security forces are on high alert, and patroling the area with heavy armed officers. Everyone knows that this always happens. So if anyone does anything nefarious, they'll make damn sure they get away as quickly as possible, and preferrably have a bomb that they can set off remotely. I understand the police needs to be alert, but I always find the overreaction in such cases mildly amusing.

I read that SWAT teams are guarding the streets as much as 10 blocks away from the scene of the bomb, I guess if anything actually happened, the local authorities would get critisism for not having better security, but really - isn't this just trying to close the stall door after the horse has gone ?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
In Gord We Trust
April 16, 2013, 03:36:24 AM
Well, christ. I was being sarcastic again and no one picked up on it. I seriously doubt it was N. Korea... Seriously. My suspicion is that the talking heads will blame it on N. Korea as ridiculous as it sounds.

Why? I haven't seen or heard that. Likely Islamic terrorists or domestic. Common sense points to those two, as the past has indicated that those two have happened before.

And don't bother answering why. I actually think your supposition is ridiculous - not what the media might blame it on.

My point was that common sense often isn't used when things like this happens. (Let alone the fact that whoever did it also didn't use any common sense.)

The time stamp might be worth looking at too... I made that post nearly 7.5 hours before yours - during the time that shit was just getting out about it. People are gonna speculate on how things will unfold.

Why did you ask me why? Please, don't bother answering why.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
April 16, 2013, 02:37:39 AM
Non stop vision vision of the events in Boston on tv all day here in Adelaide, regardless of the cynicism expressed in the above posts, some idiot or collection of idiots has once again seen fit to kill innocent people in order to vent their spleen or further their misbegotten causes.

My sympathy to ALL Americans, my condolences to victims families.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
April 16, 2013, 02:23:18 AM
I can't see this being Islamic terrorists. Tax day in Boston?

I'm surprised we haven't seen more speculation on the news. I would have thought they'd have been making insinuations about the tea party. It's bound to just be some nutcase like that guy who flew his little plane into that building a few years back. Though truly, the tax burden is bound to push a few people to the edge, the MO of this attack just screams "unbalanced".

That incident was in Austin, TX.  He flew it into the IRS office.  The building was totaled from the fire.  I drove by there as a matter of routine.
He gave up, and lost all his options.  Never give up.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 16, 2013, 12:38:35 AM
It's bound to just be some nutcase like that guy who flew his little plane into that building a few years back.

They trotted the Lead Oval Office Talking Head out for this one. It's National Security Theater designed to make the unthinking population (50%+) scared and thus more manipulable.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
April 16, 2013, 12:33:12 AM
I can't see this being Islamic terrorists. Tax day in Boston?

I'm surprised we haven't seen more speculation on the news. I would have thought they'd have been making insinuations about the tea party. It's bound to just be some nutcase like that guy who flew his little plane into that building a few years back. Though truly, the tax burden is bound to push a few people to the edge, the MO of this attack just screams "unbalanced".
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
April 15, 2013, 11:51:44 PM
Well, christ. I was being sarcastic again and no one picked up on it. I seriously doubt it was N. Korea...

I know you were bub Tongue  But it's funny how people will honestly blame NK or the middle-east for all the bad that happens in their country.

Oh, JESUS! I didn't notice your full user name until after I posted. And THAT is the truth! Fuck, now I am getting confused... I was just saying christ for effect.

Who's on first?

I still laugh whenever I watch that on YouTube.
Activity: 812
April 15, 2013, 11:24:31 PM
Well, christ. I was being sarcastic again and no one picked up on it. I seriously doubt it was N. Korea... Seriously. My suspicion is that the talking heads will blame it on N. Korea as ridiculous as it sounds.

Why? I haven't seen or heard that. Likely Islamic terrorists or domestic. Common sense points to those two, as the past has indicated that those two have happened before.

And don't bother answering why. I actually think your supposition is ridiculous - not what the media might blame it on.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 15, 2013, 10:51:42 PM

I don't know what country you're in but if a bombing happens on our on soil it IS more important and more newsworthy, even if the death toll isn't as high. It would be the same as if the same type of bombing happend in England or Spain. Domestic attacks are always more important.

No wonder the middle east hates us, then, 'cos we've been doing that to them every other day for the past decade.

I don't know about you, but I don't even own a Predator drone, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't use it to blow up weddings. If you're doing so, I suggest you stop. It seems to be pissing them off.

I see your point Grin  Also, congrats on your 8000th post Tongue
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
April 15, 2013, 10:50:04 PM

I don't know what country you're in but if a bombing happens on our on soil it IS more important and more newsworthy, even if the death toll isn't as high. It would be the same as if the same type of bombing happend in England or Spain. Domestic attacks are always more important.

No wonder the middle east hates us, then, 'cos we've been doing that to them every other day for the past decade.

I don't know about you, but I don't even own a Predator drone, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't use it to blow up weddings. If you're doing so, I suggest you stop. It seems to be pissing them off.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
April 15, 2013, 10:47:08 PM
Breiwik's attack on multiculturalists also were initially reported as Al-Qaeda attack. The western propaganda runs ahead of both horse and carriage.

Even as a supporter of such bombing attacks in asymmetric warfare (and USA is at war with many) I don't see the marathon as a good target to bomb. There are many international participants from nations potentially friendly to bombers who might get killed or injured as a result. There are better and just as easy targets that could win both support of population and strategic military victory when bombed. Federal government buildings, military bases or companies supplying military, political organizations opposing the bombers, the list goes on and on. Bombing of sporting event makes no sense to me.

Good point: lots of participants were international. This is a known fact about Boston Marathon. Whoever detonated the bombs, knew this, too.

Seems like a perfect target if you wish to pump up international efforts on "war on terror". Help our allies jump on board, and head towards... uhm... Iran? Syria? NK? We will know soon.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 15, 2013, 10:45:42 PM

Activity: 728
April 15, 2013, 10:37:43 PM

Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
April 15, 2013, 10:35:08 PM
Breiwik's attack on multiculturalists also were initially reported as Al-Qaeda attack. The western propaganda runs ahead of both horse and carriage.

Even as a supporter of such bombing attacks in asymmetric warfare (and USA is at war with many) I don't see the marathon as a good target to bomb. There are many international participants from nations potentially friendly to bombers who might get killed or injured as a result. There are better and just as easy targets that could win both support of population and strategic military victory when bombed. Federal government buildings, military bases or companies supplying military, political organizations opposing the bombers, the list goes on and on. Bombing of sporting event makes no sense to me.

Good point.  Killing random people doesn't do much good (but it does work in America's favor so they can pull more terrorist bullshit out of their ass.)  Why is it that the military is never under fire over here?  You'd figure, if anything, you'd want to do some damage to this 500+ billion dollar military.  Naw, let's just target a parade instead, because that'll show those darn evil Americans!  Undecided  This had to have been staged.  You don't simply insert bombs in a random location, completely undetected, and then "get caught".
tbh, I'm surprised there was actually an explosion. Their normal routine is to grab a disaffected youth, convince him it's X/Y/Z's fault his mommy didn't get him a porsche for his 16th birthday, and tell him to call this cell number blow up an X/Y/Z event to get back at them. Of course, the cell phone number isn't attached to anything, and the whole operation's been a set-up to begin with, but hey, they "foiled a terrorist plot," so they get a nice fat bonus on the next round of appropriations.

I don't know what anyone could have hoped to achieve by blowing up a f'kin marathon, but, then, I'm sane.
Pages:
Jump to: