Pages:
Author

Topic: Boston Marathon Explosions - page 12. (Read 15043 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
April 17, 2013, 03:17:58 PM
Statism is conservatism too, really. Libertarians...
To be clear, I said liberalism.

Yes, but did you mean these liberals:

Or these?:
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 17, 2013, 03:17:44 PM
It's not a stretch to say that politicians and governments lie.

That's my point. The State can't be trusted for anything except to lie, cheat, steal, jail and murder people. And get themselves paid.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
April 17, 2013, 03:16:25 PM

The problem is the State and the abuse of its power by the few at the expense of the many, not one political creed or another.

And I agreed, saying democrats&republicans, as opposed to libertarians. I think liberals are actually just libertarians who don't understand economics. As for statism and the state, it's all conservatism, in a sense that the people are afraid of what would happen if things were allowed to change at anyone's whim. They want a state to give them security and stability, to make illegal things they don't believe to be socially acceptable, regulate things they fear would cause harm if run unchecked, and save them from what they perceive would be the opposite of conservatism/statism: i.e. chaos. Then, as always, some asshole who thinks they know better than everyone else shows up, and screws everything up.
legendary
April 17, 2013, 03:09:55 PM
To me this suggests more that they may have heard something or received a threat, but did not want to panic people, much more than they were planning on doing something themselves.

So they're lying.

Can't trust liars in anything they say once it's proven that they lie. Wink

It's not a stretch to say that politicians and governments lie.
April 17, 2013, 03:09:46 PM

The problem is the State and the abuse of its power by the few at the expense of the many, not one political creed or another.
April 17, 2013, 03:08:06 PM
To me this suggests more that they may have heard something or received a threat, but did not want to panic people, much more than they were planning on doing something themselves.

So they're lying.

Can't trust liars in anything they say once it's proven that they lie. Wink
legendary
April 17, 2013, 03:04:21 PM
[citation needed]

Another drill gone bad, like some other famous ones in the past 12 years or so.

The roots are conservatism.

The root is Statism. Conservativism and liberalism both suffer from the disease.

Statism is conservatism too, really. Libertarians want to experiment with more ideas and allow people to try things out freely, democrats want to put strict limits on what people are allowed to do (as are republicans btw), and conserve the programs we have in place, regardless of whether they work or cause harm.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 2267
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
April 17, 2013, 03:00:22 PM

Oh yeah, and, despite Iraq being a huge clusterfuck, started based on bs and lies, and is something I was absolutely against, the people in Iraq did actually want USA's help to get them some "freedoms." They just weren't expecting that USA would be so godamn incompetent about it. (Source - multiple interviews before and during the run-up to the war, where Iraqi citizens, on promise of anonymity, were complaining that things suck and were asking when are we going to come in to take Sadam out). I do agree that, even if all the USA did want to do is give Iraq freedomz, it may not actually have been their fight to stick their noses into... Maybe libertarians should start a mercenary-type charity where they could raise funds for a private elite team of ex-Navy Seals to go around and fuck assholes all up.

Forget the navy seals. All you need to do is find a way to support the dissidents. (Something the US gov managed to startlingly fail to do in Iraq and did in lamentable ways in Libya). Much as I hate and despise the IRA, there's no arguing that to the degree that they got what they wanted, a lot of that was possible because of support from sympathizers in the USA.
April 17, 2013, 02:57:46 PM
The roots are conservatism.

The root is Statism. Conservativism and liberalism both suffer from the disease.
legendary
April 17, 2013, 02:54:01 PM
You are comparing apples with oranges. Or Apples with PC. Islamic traditions have religious roots. Nazism is based in science.

The roots are conservatism. One is religious, one is racist/nationalistic. USSR's brand of evil was all conservatism, too.
legendary
April 17, 2013, 02:50:03 PM
They need to find it for themselves. Then you can support them when they come to it.

Oh yeah, and, despite Iraq being a huge clusterfuck, started based on bs and lies, and is something I was absolutely against, the people in Iraq did actually want USA's help to get them some "freedoms." They just weren't expecting that USA would be so godamn incompetent about it. (Source - multiple interviews before and during the run-up to the war, where Iraqi citizens, on promise of anonymity, were complaining that things suck and were asking when are we going to come in to take Sadam out). I do agree that, even if all the USA did want to do is give Iraq freedomz, it may not actually have been their fight to stick their noses into... Maybe libertarians should start a mercenary-type charity where they could raise funds for a private elite team of ex-Navy Seals to go around and fuck assholes all up.
April 17, 2013, 02:44:22 PM
You oppress, you should get fucked.

Let's start here in the US first and then worry about the rest of the world afterwards.
legendary
April 17, 2013, 02:42:40 PM
Oh yeah, sure. That girl who wanted to go to school actually just wanted to be shot. And those girls who go outside without their man or without wearing proper coverings just want to get harassed and beat up. It's just like those girls who dress too sexy just want to be raped.

But when America gets involved, she's just "collateral damage" and won't be going to school tomorrow.

I'm sorry, you can't impose freedom on others by force. They need to find it for themselves. Then you can support them when they come to it. The whole thing is being driven by American political and economical agendas and not "for freedom".

I'm not defending reckless military expeditions and collateral damage, but conservative religious fuckfaces and bigot extremists who try to push their views on others through force need to be shot in the face (present company included), regardless of who does it or what their holy/nationalist belief is. Problem is, in the areas where they are thoroughly entrenched (Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan) they are the ones with the guns, and the people who may not want them there can't even say so ,out of fear of being stoned for being heretics. It's basically what Europe went through with the Dark Ages, and what USSR went through during the Russian Revolution and Stalin's purges. So, yeah, collateral damage sucks, and I would love if America only relied on small strike-teams of snipers going in and killing any one of those fucks (in the face, mind you), but, seriously, fuck those guys. I even don't care that they think it's their religious freedom or whatever. You oppress, you should get fucked.
April 17, 2013, 02:37:22 PM
[citation needed]

Another drill gone bad, like some other famous ones in the past 12 years or so.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs, Spotters on Roofs Before Explosions

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

"They kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it's just a training exercise," Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15.

Stevenson said he saw law enforcement spotters on the roofs at the start of the race. He's been in plenty of marathons in Chicago, D.C., Chicago, London and other major metropolitan areas but has never seen that level of security before.

"Evidently, I don't believe they were just having a training exercise," Stevenson said. "I think they must have had some sort of threat or suspicion called in."

CNN reports a state government official said there were no credible threats before the race.

Stevenson had just finished the marathon before the explosions. Stevenson said his wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

"We are just so thankful right now," Stevenson said.
legendary
April 17, 2013, 02:34:04 PM
they're not competent enough to pull something like that off and actually keep it a secret.

You're correct. It's not a secret. We all know they did it.

[citation needed]
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1049
Death to enemies!
April 17, 2013, 02:10:46 PM
Co-worker has just told me someone was arrested. A "dark skinned man". No other confirmation as yet.
He probably robbed cash register at KFC. It is now like in soviet Russia. Police chronicles - voluntary confession a.k.a find someone to blame by any means.
legendary
April 17, 2013, 02:07:41 PM
Co-worker has just told me someone was arrested. A "dark skinned man". No other confirmation as yet.
April 17, 2013, 01:48:19 PM
It is suspiciously quiet. Other than the "foreign looking type" in the hospital which has now been dismissed, we aren't hearing about surveillance footage and the like. No "persons of interest". No "Did you see a man with an orange backpack" type stuff. Though it's possible I've just missed it.

My signal is if an event is a multiday media circus, there's some kind of coordinated  conditioning/propaganda at work. If it gets barely a mention or is quashed, it's an indie job.
legendary
April 17, 2013, 01:35:43 PM
Nazism is based in science.

Not to be unkind but this is the dumbest thing I've seen on the net in the past month.

It is suspiciously quiet. Other than the "foreign looking type" in the hospital which has now been dismissed, we aren't hearing about surveillance footage and the like. No "persons of interest". No "Did you see a man with an orange backpack" type stuff. Though it's possible I've just missed it.
Activity: 364
April 17, 2013, 01:33:46 PM
Any proof for this?

Six decades of living under the American government and watching how they operate.

You're familiar with the Gulf of Tonkin incident?
I know about operation northwoods too. But the track record of us government does not prove that this Boston incident was false flag operation too. It actually speaks against the false flag because the government are reluctant to point a finger to somebody they want to. Like it happened in previous incidents.

:: dons tinfoil hat ::

it's possible that there are factions within the military and government that don't want what everyone else in those institutions want.  their goal is likely a police state for their own profit.  i'm sure there is some kind of government contract that gets renewed because of this event and the ricin mail event.  'increased security' will be the new mantra and rights will get squeezed.

:: removes tinfoil hat for increased mental stability ::
Pages:
Jump to: