Pages:
Author

Topic: Boston Marathon Explosions - page 5. (Read 15043 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 25, 2013, 05:20:19 PM
time to sleep, I'm sure you'll find something wrong with it by the time I wake up Smiley
April 25, 2013, 05:07:26 PM
nah same race, but yea you're right bout the large image - just threw that in for the pic of the monitor, it was from the Sunday.

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
April 25, 2013, 05:05:47 PM
As I noted earlier, they are different races. One is a 5K, as you can see by looking at the sign underneath the timer.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
April 25, 2013, 05:01:39 PM
nah not the timer - the large monitor, seen more clearly here:

probably shouldn't have posted it yet, I mean what I've said above accounts for it not being there but how do real spectators fit into it on the day.

I know what explains the large monitor. It's time travel! Specifically time has traveled a year or two from the time that picture with the monitor was taken until this year. It's one of the prior races. Note the flags aren't in the same order, either.

LOL... Fact check your conspiracy theories, guys!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
April 25, 2013, 04:48:44 PM

probably shouldn't have posted it yet, I mean what I've said above accounts for it not being there but how do real spectators fit into it on the day.

I know what explains the large monitor. It's time travel! Specifically time has traveled a year or two from the time that picture with the monitor was taken until this year. It's one of the prior races. Note the flags aren't in the same order, either.
April 25, 2013, 04:41:28 PM
Now that is intriguing.

Anybody got an "It was just a flag being dragged away." for that one?

Yeah. It looks like a different race. Note the label beneath the timer in the different pictures with a timer. It would be good if the conspiracy theory guys validated the sources of the photos.
April 25, 2013, 04:39:04 PM
and let's not forget the announcement on twitter...

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/323886829596205056

What significance are you attaching to an announcement made 64 minutes after the bombings? Are you saying that the police needed to detonate some additional bombs they found?

So?

The Boston Globe posted it at 12:53 PM more than a hour before the first explosion.

Weird I am not sure if this is 100% real or not

Yahoo News
http://news.yahoo.com/fox-pulls-family-guy-episode-following-boston-bombings-024834408--finance.html

YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d34g2HhPFOE

I believe Twitter post times adjust for your timezone. And I believe that post occurred 64 minutes after the bombings.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
April 25, 2013, 04:24:28 PM

What significance are you attaching to an announcement made 64 minutes after the bombings? Are you saying that the police needed to detonate some additional bombs they found?

So?

The Boston Globe posted it at 12:53 PM more than a hour before the first explosion.

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w629/MrPink_/Screenshot-13-04-25-030832PM_zpscb95da41.png
Weird I am not sure if this is 100% real or not

Yahoo News
http://news.yahoo.com/fox-pulls-family-guy-episode-following-boston-bombings-024834408--finance.html

YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d34g2HhPFOE

April 25, 2013, 04:23:14 PM
Now that is intriguing.

Anybody got an "It was just a flag being dragged away." for that one?
April 25, 2013, 04:15:45 PM

probably shouldn't have posted it yet, I mean what I've said above accounts for it not being there but how do real spectators fit into it on the day..

April 25, 2013, 03:51:27 PM
this one's a little more interesting:

While that's an interesting theory, here's a competing one:

The bomb knocked the timer down. It does seem to be hanging directly over where the explosion happened.
April 25, 2013, 03:29:50 PM
this one's a little more interesting:

large monitor just behind front runner.

missing here.

very unlikely they'd take it down during the race..

perhaps the bomb footage was from a previous day.. invite only.

Boston street closures
Wednesday, April 10 to Tuesday, April 16: Boylston Street, both sides from Exeter Street to Arlington Street (intermittent closings)

http://www.boston.com/sports/marathon/course/streetclosings/

then just stop the runners during a gap in the field on the day..

April 25, 2013, 03:29:28 PM

So?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
April 25, 2013, 12:15:57 PM
nope, not religious - I don't have faith in the government or mainstream media.

the stuff I've posted here so far is flimsy but it's easier than writing up the background story to all this, there will be better stuff to come.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
April 25, 2013, 10:39:08 AM
MikeH, are you religious? You seem to exhibit the same propensity for gullibility and belief in made up stuff, and trying to defend it with cherry-picked, flimsy evidence, so I'm just wondering.
April 25, 2013, 10:04:28 AM
I don't understand why they waited till the crowd was so much thinner to place their bombs when they could have done so much more damage.
Well, clearly, they wanted to get everyone who was not "their people" out of the way.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 25, 2013, 05:07:53 AM
I don't understand why they waited till the crowd was so much thinner to place their bombs when they could have done so much more damage.
April 25, 2013, 03:23:55 AM
the way I approach it is open minded unlike those who dismiss the possibilities, I'm not swayed by preconceived ideas, I use knowledge of previous events as indicators, the number of indicators and the evidence that can not be easily explained away then leads me to my opinion as to whether it's worth looking into further.

I don't see how you can think that it may be better to make a decision based on trust or the association of 'crazy' with conspiracy that's been drilled into people for so long.

btw, as for coming up with ways to render my ideas impossible, yes I do consider whether these things are possible - I also consider the official story, eg. the way the WTC buildings were reported to have come down was impossible.
April 25, 2013, 02:39:53 AM
eye witnesses accounts have proven to be worthless to date, yes it might confirm my theory but there have been plenty of whistle blowers regarding the twin towers including ex FBI and CIA but it doesn't mean shit if nobody is in a position to do anything about it.

anyway, it seems nobody is going to change their minds about this so not much point continuing discussing it - I just wish people would do more research on past events so they may not automatically trust what they see from their govt and media.

You're not approaching this scientifically or logically, which dooms your conclusions. Instead, you want to impose your conclusion, however unlikely it is, due to a preconceived belief system you have. You really must cast a more skeptical eye on your own thought processes and conclusions. You're asking us to be skeptical, when in fact your own lack of skepticism has failed you.

As an exercise, try to think of ways that would render your ideas impossible. Just try it. The problem is, you're not trying it. Once you try it, you'll see your ideas just won't hold up.
Pages:
Jump to: