Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Naoya Inoue vs Paul Butler - Undisputed Bantamweight Bout - December 13 - page 37. (Read 15997 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
Too early to tell, Many worked his way to the top while Inoue seemed to be comfortable in the bantamweight division. Many is just extraordinary, he is a legend, so it's a hard job to do to break the achievement of a legend.
It must be hard since there's no boxer like Pacquaio who fight on eight weights division, this mean he's start when he's still thin into he's already bulking. But there's no wrong to stay on one weight division because Inoue have a purpose to get the whole belts. Maybe if he's successfully become an undisputed champion on 3 weights division, he will become a legend. Currently all the crowd on Canelo since he's already become undisputed champion on 2 weights division (middle and super middle weights).
Activity: 2702
Merit: 517
in order to surpass Manny Pacquiao's achievement which I think would be possible if we are right about the kind of caliber Inoue has.
It's possible. Inoue is similar to Pacquiao, precise, fast and an accurate puncher. It's a long road for Inoue before he can reach what Pacquiao achieved being a legendary, but with his current achievement right now it is possible to happen in the future.

Achievements, yes it's possible to break or equal with Manny 's career achievements. Being an 8 division champ is not easy. You have to train and punish your body more intense as you climb one division to another.
However, with skills, I think Inoue already surpassed Manny. Inoue has more killer instinct and a high IQ fighter. His speed and power combination is much better than Manny's. His KO percentage tells the whole story.

Too early to tell, Many worked his way to the top while Inoue seemed to be comfortable in the bantamweight division. Many is just extraordinary, he is a legend, so it's a hard job to do to break the achievement of a legend.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
in order to surpass Manny Pacquiao's achievement which I think would be possible if we are right about the kind of caliber Inoue has.
It's possible. Inoue is similar to Pacquiao, precise, fast and an accurate puncher. It's a long road for Inoue before he can reach what Pacquiao achieved being a legendary, but with his current achievement right now it is possible to happen in the future.

Achievements, yes it's possible to break or equal with Manny 's career achievements. Being an 8 division champ is not easy. You have to train and punish your body more intense as you climb one division to another.
However, with skills, I think Inoue already surpassed Manny. Inoue has more killer instinct and a high IQ fighter. His speed and power combination is much better than Manny's. His KO percentage tells the whole story.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 584
You own the pen
He will be tested again against Butler, expect him to perform the same
way as how he over power Donaire.
I think it's better to say that Paul Butler will be the one that will be tested instead, not Inoue. Cheesy

I never see Inoue struggling in his last fights and it seems like he already mastered the way to dominate everyone in their current weight division. it's only a matter of time before he has the opportunity to try his skills in the upper weight class, where you can say he will be tested. If he has enough discipline to further increase his boxing skills, I'm sure up there would be easy as well he just needs to take care of his body from that onwards and he might gonna be one of the boxing legends by winning multiple championships in different weight divisions.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629

I think it's better to say that Paul Butler will be the one that will be tested instead, not Inoue. Cheesy
Hehe true. Butler needs to train hard in order to defeat Inoue otherwise he will be beaten by the monster.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
He will be tested again against Butler, expect him to perform the same

Inoue doesn't need to be tested on this fight as he is up against Butler at all factors. The chance of Butler winning this fight is really low. The only advantage that Butler will have is if Inoue will have an injury prior to their fight. But Inoue is very disciplined with his training and never pushes his body too far that's why even a slight injury will not happen on Inoue's side during training.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1141
I have a feeling that he could come close to Pacman in terms of achievement.

close but not so close, the good thing with Pacman is he does not stop in one division for too long, he keeps moving so as a result, he won multiple belts and has become an 8th division world champion. I don't know how many division champion Inoue is now, but for sure not close with Pacman.

Let us wait for another 18 years to see that happen  Smiley.   Anyway, I think it is possible.  Currently Inoue is a three division champion

Flyweight (108-112lbs)  Won WBC light-flyweight title on 6 Apr 2014 against Adrián Hernández
Super flyweight (112-115lbs) WBO junior-bantamweight(Super flyweight) title on 30 Dec 2014 against Omar Narváez
Bantamweight (115-118lbs)     Won WBA (Regular) bantamweight title on 25 May 2018 against Jamie McDonnell, Won IBF and vacant The Ring bantamweight titles on 18 May 2019 against Emmanuel Rodríguez, Won WBC bantamweight title on 7 Jun 2022 against Nonito Donaire  (he also won Won WBA (Super) bantamweight title; World Boxing Super Series: bantamweight final against Donaire on 7 Nov 2019)

so he just needs 5 more divisions to conquer in order to get on par with Manny Pacquiao and an additional 1 to beat Manny in terms of the number of Division title holder.

He needs to get the title on the six heavier weight divisions having Welterweight to be the last one to conquer if he happens to get a title on the next 5 weight division.
Super bantamweight (118-122lbs)
Featherweight (122-126lbs)
Super featherweight (126-130lbs)
Lightweight (130-135lbs)
Light welterweight 135-140lbs)
Welterweight (140-147lbs)

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naoya_Inoue#:~:text=He%20is%20a%20three%2Ddivision,WBC%20title%20since%20June%202022.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

close but not so close, the good thing with Pacman is he does not stop in one division for too long, he keeps moving so as a result, he won multiple belts and has become an 8th division world champion. I don't know how many division champion Inoue is now, but for sure not close with Pacman.

He is currently a three-division world champion, you can read it in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naoya_Inoue....

So there's still more fights that he has to win to close to Pacman's achievement, which I don't think he would even get 7.
There's also a rumor that he will break Pacman's achievement, but I think it's just the fans trying to hype him up more.

Also, in the pound for pound ranking of ring magazine, he is currently sitting at the number 2 spot.

https://www.ringtv.com/ratings/

He is still young and in term of achievements he does more, but the legacy of Pacman that is something,

Pacman established his career with passion and fans really love him the good thing about Inoue, just like Pacman, he really
showing dominance and he's not a defensive fighter but more on offensive, with a strong chin he can manage to absorb
and take even a solid combination and stand still. He will be tested again against Butler, expect him to perform the same
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Obviously that at the current point of Inoue's career, he is not close to Pacman yet. There should be no comparison as he is just building his legacy or is currently in progress. Inoue will move up weight after successfully unifying all the Bantamweight titles and we just have to wait for where he will end up in the future.

He just needs to maintain his good shape every time he is stepping on the ring. In the future, I'm seeing him achieving all of his target dreams. It's unusual to see an Asian competing in the Welterweight. I hope Inoue will have a chance in the future but he needs to pass of course the much-lowered divisions first and slowly climb.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674

He is currently a three-division world champion, you can read it in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naoya_Inoue....

So there's still more fights that he has to win to close to Pacman's achievement, which I don't think he would even get 7.
There's also a rumor that he will break Pacman's achievement, but I think it's just the fans trying to hype him up more.

Also, in the pound for pound ranking of ring magazine, he is currently sitting at the number 2 spot.

https://www.ringtv.com/ratings/
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
@bbc.reporter - Here is what Inoue tell us about his potential fight with Fulton at 122 lbs, hehehe.

“I watched the Fulton-Brandon Figueroa fight,” Inoue told Daisuke Sugiura of RingTV. “Fulton is a technical fighter. He can keep his distance very well. I only watched one of his fights and I don’t think the Figueroa fight was his best, so I’d rather not say much more. If we fight each other, I think it will be a great technical battle. It won’t be an easy fight. Fulton has a long reach, and I think it’s about how (well I close) the distance.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/inoue-on-fulton-if-we-fight-each-other-i-think-it-great-technical-battle--168964

So he believes that it will be a chess match between the two. Probably the same when he fought Donaire the first time during the finals of WBSS tournament. Lots of close round, hard to score and there will be momentum shifts in the fight.

Must respect for Inoue, he never underestimates his opponents that's why you can really see how prepared he is when it comes to the fight. I think he would dominate like he always does, although his words respect his possible opponent.

His humbleness will make him a great fighter, or a hall of Famer in the future. I believe that after he will win as the undisputed champion, he will plan of moving up and he could be a very scary contender. As long as he remains humble and continues to train, I have a feeling that he could come close to Pacman in terms of achievement.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!
@bbc.reporter - Here is what Inoue tell us about his potential fight with Fulton at 122 lbs, hehehe.

“I watched the Fulton-Brandon Figueroa fight,” Inoue told Daisuke Sugiura of RingTV. “Fulton is a technical fighter. He can keep his distance very well. I only watched one of his fights and I don’t think the Figueroa fight was his best, so I’d rather not say much more. If we fight each other, I think it will be a great technical battle. It won’t be an easy fight. Fulton has a long reach, and I think it’s about how (well I close) the distance.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/inoue-on-fulton-if-we-fight-each-other-i-think-it-great-technical-battle--168964

So he believes that it will be a chess match between the two. Probably the same when he fought Donaire the first time during the finals of WBSS tournament. Lots of close round, hard to score and there will be momentum shifts in the fight.

Must respect for Inoue, he never underestimates his opponents that's why you can really see how prepared he is when it comes to the fight. I think he would dominate like he always does, although his words respect his possible opponent.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
I don't see Inoue declare any fight as easy one since as I see he take them as huge threat and he always focus on his training so that he can be more better than what he perform on his last fight. And I think he will never think that Butler is easy for him so most provably their camp now is focusing to see the possible weakness of Butler to counter it. Inoue's camp is good on this so most provably they give good insights to help him win on their match since this is also a big break to their camp if they successfully defeat Paul Butler on a match.

The one thing I noticed with any japanese boxer is that they respect their opponent.  They never underestimate them nor make fun of them.  I really like how these disciplined these japanese boxers are especially Inoue.  And the rematch of Donaire and Inoue shows how Inoue's camp can study and create a situational advantage for their boxer.  If nothing accidental stuff happen during the fight, I believe Inoue can surely win this fight.

It's their culture, after they were defeated in WWII Japanese promoted humility and the government added it and become part of their culture. Besides, most boxers speaks English and so if they started to trash talk if might not sound good as you need to go to an interpreter. Inoue's camp understand that if they wanted him to be on top of the game, they should first train hard and not to bad mouth their opponent that's why you see Inoue and Donaire respect each other so much.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
The one thing I noticed with any japanese boxer is that they respect their opponent.  They never underestimate them nor make fun of them.  I really like how these disciplined these japanese boxers are especially Inoue.  And the rematch of Donaire and Inoue shows how Inoue's camp can study and create a situational advantage for their boxer.  If nothing accidental stuff happen during the fight, I believe Inoue can surely win this fight.

Part of their culture since the beginning of their civilization. Not just having good traits but when it comes to any sports, they are seriously putting their heart even right from the training. They are even giving recognition and praise to their guest opponent after a fight. Well, if they are being trashed talk first, and they will respond to that.

Naoya Inoue is being always serious in his fight. He never underestimates anyone. That's a form of respect to them rather than to show not being too hard on their opponent. That was disrespectful to their opponent. In case of Butler loses this fight, it will be hard for him to accept the loss if he sees Inoue is just toying him and not being serious the whole fight.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
I don't see Inoue declare any fight as easy one since as I see he take them as huge threat and he always focus on his training so that he can be more better than what he perform on his last fight. And I think he will never think that Butler is easy for him so most provably their camp now is focusing to see the possible weakness of Butler to counter it. Inoue's camp is good on this so most provably they give good insights to help him win on their match since this is also a big break to their camp if they successfully defeat Paul Butler on a match.

Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
You wouldn't really take it seriously that Inoue need not train for the fight. They are professional boxers for some time, they need to go tremendous steps that it becomes a routine for them to just wake up early to run for miles or go to a boxing gym not just for sparing.

Inoue would even watch Butler's previous fights, and his losses and will look at how he could find an opening for Butler.
Even if Inoue don't want Butler's previous fights, it could be the job of his trainer or anyone who's part of the team so that he'll just get a summary and analysis from it.

But about his roundbouts and daily exercise and jog, that's where he should focus as it's part of training and it's true that no boxer will neglect on that part just because he's too confident that he'll win against his opponent.

Thats what should a real boxer mindset to have that dont really take any opponents lightly and would really be that serious on every match that he would face on because if you do really make yourself that too

confident because anytime there would really be might be some upset that would happen and i do really love on what Inoue behaves whenever he do have upcoming fight.He doesnt boast nor show off some

confidence that he could beat up his opponent easily but instead he would persevere and make himself even more dedicative into his training and do his usual routine
and never take lightly into his opponent but surely  he would be beating it up.  Cheesy
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
You wouldn't really take it seriously that Inoue need not train for the fight. They are professional boxers for some time, they need to go tremendous steps that it becomes a routine for them to just wake up early to run for miles or go to a boxing gym not just for sparing.

Inoue would even watch Butler's previous fights, and his losses and will look at how he could find an opening for Butler.
Even if Inoue don't want Butler's previous fights, it could be the job of his trainer or anyone who's part of the team so that he'll just get a summary and analysis from it.

But about his roundbouts and daily exercise and jog, that's where he should focus as it's part of training and it's true that no boxer will neglect on that part just because he's too confident that he'll win against his opponent.

When it comes to training, we cannot question the work ethic of Inoue because he really give his everything to be the best in his division, that's why the outcome of his fights are very impressive. As we can see in (https://boxrec.com/en/box-pro/628407), that's 20 KOs from 23 fights.
There's no doubt with him.

Every boxer shouldn't take for granted their training because that's how they're conditioning themselves and they shouldn't really let it just pass because that's how they're making money.

The preparation takes a lot of time and that's how they're getting their themselves where they are lack of and where they're strengthening a part of their bodies.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
that 1 inch advantage is nothing if we will compare to what are the advantages of Inoue against Butler .

from the stamina and experiences ? and from whom He defeated ? I'm sure that inch means nothing to this Monster from japan , he is not afraid of anyone and he had proven that from defeating one of the toughest in that division Nonito Donaire so there is no one can hinder Him from taking another momentum .
In general height is nothing in boxing, since this is a professional fight and have certain weight division, of course the height difference wouldn't really big. I'd say reach is an advantage since boxer with longer hand will easier to hit his opponent than the boxer with short hand. But no all short hand boxer is weak or can't compete with a boxer with long hand, Lomachenko already prove this.

Yep, I think Inoue would been underestimate Butler until the fight happen, even Inoue isn't serious to train his body, I still think Butler has no chance to beat Inoue.

I think I'll disagree, height is surely an advantage because the smaller boxer will have some difficulty in finding that opening to cut the jaw in order to KO the taller boxer, and those punches will be much elevated just to reach that head or jaw. But even those advantages won't mean that much if the opponent has a good IQ in the ring like Loma for instance.

Yep, I think Inoue would been underestimate Butler until the fight happen, even Inoue isn't serious to train his body, I still think Butler has no chance to beat Inoue.
I'm starting to think mate that you're the one who underestimates Inoue Huh because almost all the boxing fans know that he doesn't have that kind of attitude and he is much more disciplined when it comes to body conditioning and trainings.
Pages:
Jump to: