Author

Topic: Boxing Speculation, Odds and Predictions - page 219. (Read 30515 times)

Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
Although I'm disappointed with the news that Manny Pacquiao will come out of retirement by participating in an exhibition match, that's his life.
As a fan of Manny, just it's pretty disappointing to see him on the bandwagon on what Floyd has started for retired boxers. But we have to understand where Manny is coming from.
Well, I agree with both of you that it's really disappointing that someone who has said that he's retired for good, can't stand up to his words. But  I guess this is really all about the pay that he can get.

If there's a big offer to him and he can't decline, he'll take it.

He has spent that much money and he has to make money again and this usually is the mindset of the rich people including him, that when they have spent that much, they have to recover it in some ways that they can while they can.

Manny spent a lot of money when he runs for the presidency, it's time to get earn big money again, and I think he deserves to enjoy the exhibition fights since he is a legend, and for sure many fighters will like to fight with him and earn millions of dollars. Mayweather vs Pacman 2 in an exhibition fight, I think that's a good one, but hopefully the split would be even.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Although I'm disappointed with the news that Manny Pacquiao will come out of retirement by participating in an exhibition match, that's his life.
As a fan of Manny, just it's pretty disappointing to see him on the bandwagon on what Floyd has started for retired boxers. But we have to understand where Manny is coming from.
Well, I agree with both of you that it's really disappointing that someone who has said that he's retired for good, can't stand up to his words. But  I guess this is really all about the pay that he can get.

If there's a big offer to him and he can't decline, he'll take it.

He has spent that much money and he has to make money again and this usually is the mindset of the rich people including him, that when they have spent that much, they have to recover it in some ways that they can while they can.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Manny Pacquiao versus the South Korean YouTuber, DK Yoo. I've tried to find for those articles on how much was offered to him.

And saw an analyst said that Pacquiao has nothing to little gain that he'll get from this comeback match. Well, it's an exhibition match and that really won't matter to him.

He's after the entertainment and talent fee he'll get on it but how much.

I really think this is DK Yoo's money that was put out so he can have a fight with Manny Pacquiao there is no exact amount on how much but I think they will not disclose this to the public, and if you know DK Yoo he is a youtube that has fought a retired MMA fighter once and that was Bradley Scott, and in my opinion, it was a terrible fight to watch, and the fight was clearly just for show Beadley Scott won that match DK Yoo is showing lack of experience in that fight and I think he really exposes himself that he can not fight at all, more Running around, Rolling, and hugging Bradley Scott to evade serious damage from Scott's punch, I really don't know why DK Yoo have challenged an actual fighter, with his Martial Arts technique that is just been good with movies, and right now he wants to fight a real boxer in a fight I don't really know what may happen to DK Yoo after this fight because 1 punch from Manny Pacquaio could be lethal for him, and respect for Bradley Scott for showing mercy on DK Yoo, because if those punches touches DK Yoo there will be a chance DK Yoo ending up in a hospital,

He thinks that's fine or maybe he missed fighting in the ring already. I just don't understand why it should be against a Youtuber and not a real boxer that also on retirement now. With his impact, he can challenge those retired big names in an exhibition match and makes more money.

Looks like Manny is willing to ruin his legacy, well that's his career so I hope he will be happy with his decision:)

There might be something about this DK Yoo that Manny Pacquiao agreed to fight and from the special fight of DK Yoo against Bradley Scott a retired UFC fighter, and from that fight DK Yoo doesn't really have experience with real fights, this could surely ruin Manny Pacquaio's Legacy if he losses, but I think even though he wins this it will put a lot of question why did he fight a total amateur in boxing, DK Yoo's technique was all for show and not for real fighting,

Maybe Manny Pacquiao misses fighting so much that an exhibition match between these Korean youtube will be worth it, for me, it is better to have an exhibition match with Jake Paul than with DK Yoo at least Jake Paul has some experience with boxing, or maybe this is just a start on his exhibition match,

I don't think it will ruin his legacy though, Floyd just got on the HOF recently, and for sure Manny will in the next couple of years. Maybe he really missed the action or just another job for him and his family, to continue to make money through his God given talent.

It might Ruin it for accepting to fight an amateur, even though he has experience as a martial artist boxing is different, if you have seen how DK Yoo fights you would realise why Manny Pacquiao accept the offer, check his fight against Bradley Scott,
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
And since we will see Magsayo later, this is what he says about his idol and boxing promoter Manny Pacquiao,

“I don’t know,” Magsayo told BoxingScene.com. “He’s the one who knows his body and his mind. If he fights, it’s OK, as long as I’m on the undercard.”

That said, Magsayo wants Pacquiao to win the final fight of his celebrated career.

“One more,” Magsayo said, “win and retire.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/magsayo-hopes-his-idol-promoter-pacquiao-fights-one-more-win-retire--167543

Unfortunately his return will be vs a South Korean Youtuber, so that is a far cry from the regular boxing fights because this is a exhibition. We don't know maybe Manny is getting a lot of money in here that's why he agreed?

And hopefully, Mark Magsayo will win his fight against Rey Vargas.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Manny Pacquiao versus the South Korean YouTuber, DK Yoo. I've tried to find for those articles on how much was offered to him.

And saw an analyst said that Pacquiao has nothing to little gain that he'll get from this comeback match. Well, it's an exhibition match and that really won't matter to him.

It's not as big as what is Floyd is getting with Rizin of Japan for sure. Maybe Manny is offered good enough money so that he says yes. Maybe what he will gain is the experience and then probably go on venture to fight bigger names and obviously bigger pay day.

There's a lot of speculation like Connor, Floyd and even Amir Khan for his exhibition fight. But the raffle goes to this South Korean Youtuber.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

He thinks that's fine or maybe he missed fighting in the ring already. I just don't understand why it should be against a Youtuber and not a real boxer that also on retirement now. With his impact, he can challenge those retired big names in an exhibition match and makes more money.

Looks like Manny is willing to ruin his legacy, well that's his career so I hope he will be happy with his decision:)

I don't think it will ruin his legacy though, Floyd just got on the HOF recently, and for sure Manny will in the next couple of years. Maybe he really missed the action or just another job for him and his family, to continue to make money through his God given talent.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Regarding the exhibition match about Manny Pacquiao, I just ignored those feeds before that I saw from random articles. But since our top local news agency here also posted that, can't believed it's now close on happening for real. It's something that I never thought Pacquiao will consider to participate.

The first rumor is much better, that was Pacquiao against Mayweather Jr. in an exhibition match but as always, that mega bout requires lots of considerations and pure efforts before it will be organized.

For other boxing event, Mark Magsayo and Rey Vargas bout is now approaching. The first title defense of Mark Magsayo as a WBC Featherweight Champion.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Activity: 2842
Merit: 625

legendary
^^ I guess the exhibition match is now the in for those who have retired, boxers, MMA fighters and others sports. So why not Manny? He has all the rights to do that as well and then earn some money. And I think he can still draw crowds, although he may have take so much damage through out his career, but it seems he has rested already and the body has healed as well. And for sure, this is just the start for Manny, maybe we can see him in the right with much known fighters such as Conor.

An exhibition match for Manny Pacquiao could be great, and he can surely get a lot of money from it, but if he could have a match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. I think that it is a different story, I could surely go bet for Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao is is not the same anymore, but on Floyd Mayweather's case he is showboating his opponents in an exhibition match, but I am still curious on what may happen now, and yeah the following exhibition match for Pacquiao is a Korean youtube, that is a martial artist, but DK Yoo is just for show for this exhibition match I don't know if he can really fight at all, I have seen his fight against Bradley Scott and it was hilarious seeing him inside the ring, he got a move where he literally rolls over, then after that fight, the result was a draw I really think all of it was in favor for DK Yoo, and it sucks,

But I would love to see the Ryan Garcia VS Javier Fortuna fight I am really excited about it, and here is all of the fight card in that event

Garcia vs. Fortuna

Saturday 07.16.2022

Venue: Crypto.com Arena

MAIN CARD

Ryan Garcia VS Javier Fortuna - GBP Championship

Alexis Rocha VS Samuel Kotey - CO-MAIN EVENT

Ricardo Sandoval VS David Jimenez

Lamont Roach Jr. VS Angel Rodriguez

PRELIMINARY CARD

Diego De La Hoya VS Enrique Bernache

Miguel Goana VS Jonathan Guzman

CANCELLED BOUT

J. Estrada VS Joshua Franco

Edit: all information was from TAPOLOGY
Activity: 2156
Merit: 685
^^ I guess the exhibition match is now the in for those who have retired, boxers, MMA fighters and others sports. So why not Manny? He has all the rights to do that as well and then earn some money. And I think he can still draw crowds, although he may have take so much damage through out his career, but it seems he has rested already and the body has healed as well. And for sure, this is just the start for Manny, maybe we can see him in the right with much known fighters such as Conor.

I think it is a good source of income for retired boxers. These exhibition matches, Manny took a lot of blows before and now he's in good shape, after all, it's been two years. I think he still misses the rings even if not much time has passed. Maybe he could do an exhibition match with a famous name like Conor like you said. He has a very good career and his fans are very happy with this exhibition match.
Merit: 772
legendary

That's natural, we already know Mayweather and he surely wanted the bigger slice just like their fight last time when both of them are still fighting professionally, Pacquiao was only guaranteed 40% cut while Mayweather had the 60%. This time, I know that there will be a big money on the line, surely it's very rare these days to have an interesting fight in exhibition so I'm confident that people will surely pay for that seat.

Mayweather is always saying that Pacquiao is the one pushing the fight and he surely considers a higher cut, and just to fight Floyd Mayweather Pacquiao's team agreed to that terms, which I think is not bad at all, but when an Exhibition match would occur between these two I think I will be betting for Floyd Mayweather this time, even though I am supporting Filipino boxers and always bet even though I think that their opponent has a lot of advantage, this time that exhibition match is for the money and I will be betting smartly here if that exhibition match occurs,

Thanks, at least someone has agree to me,  Smiley

Yeah, I think it's obvious that Casimero has been treated very well by the WBO, they given him the second chance, most boxer don't. Once they failed the weight or for some medical reasons, can't make it to the fight, there chances are gone.

So Casimero is on the crossroads, mis judgement on his end, so he has to pay for it. No more fight for the belt, he has to start all over. Or move to super-bantamweight so that he will not have the problem of not able to make the desired weight for bantam.

I also agree with you it was a 2nd chance to get his belt back but he blew it all away, I think the WBO is been fair for both fighters, there is no exception even though he become the WBO champion, I think he needs to go back from scratch again, and he is now 32 years old he better do it fast, because in a couple of years he might slow down or his strength fades because of old age, we can never know if how many years he can fight on his prime,

But in a recent interview with Manny Pacquiao, they ask if what fight do Pacquiao wants to see Casimero VS Donaire or Casimero VS Inoue? and Pacquiao replied that he wants to see a Casimero VS Inoue fight and he can promote that,

Just in I have seen the news that Manny Pacquiao is about to do an exhibition match against a youtube, it is not Logan Paul but the Korean Youtuber and Martial Artist DK Yoo, here is the VIDEO that they are signing contracts and announce the fight will be on July 20, I surely wish that this is the start of Manny Pacquiao would accept different exhibition matches, and that would be great, but against Floyd Mayweather, I will be betting on Floyd Mayweather,

Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
That's a big challenge for him, he has to start over again but it's never too late for him, he has the heart of a champion, it's just that he struggle to keep the weight in the division where he was a champion.

Yeah, but Casimero is already on his prime years and he just wanted a couple of fights already. So if he will start all over at the new weight class, it might be too late for him to get another belt. The perfect time is when he won it against Tete, then defended it against Duke Micah and unfortunately he can't do it against Butler. And there are no fights for him this year, so another chances squandered.

He should learn from this experience, he has a good opportunity to face Inoue if the Butler fight push through, but Inoue now wants to be an undisputed title holder, and Casimero is not on his radar now, he will have to wait for the winner of the Inoue -  Butler fights and promoters consider him to be the next challenger, Casimero has become nightmares for promoters he should have discipline and not too showy because it backfires, time to leave social media and return fighting inside the ring.

If Casimero will stay in the bantamweight division, he can still fight Butler in case Butler will lose against Inoue. Inoue will become the undisputed champion and will probably move up to try to bring his power and speed to a higher division. Not much news for Casimero now, some fans maybe lose their interest on him since he is not a champion anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
Just go on the next weight, no need for him to stay as he body can't squeeze to that limit and this might be one reason that he will lose in his next fight if he insist on the bantamweight. It might be dangerous for him if he go again.

Sounds like it seems easy for you to just say go on to the next weight. Casimero has a problem maintaining weight and you want him to move up lol.

There's a catchweight limit at each division and if you are referring to the literal current weight of Casimero today, that won't work as there's a weight range.

Casimero's weight is even far beyond the next weight class requirements. How can he even compete there? The wise thing to do is obviously stay where he is right now as that was his comfort zone. I'm sure his team will work on his weight problems and turn him into good shape again.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 175
That's a big challenge for him, he has to start over again but it's never too late for him, he has the heart of a champion, it's just that he struggle to keep the weight in the division where he was a champion.

Yeah, but Casimero is already on his prime years and he just wanted a couple of fights already. So if he will start all over at the new weight class, it might be too late for him to get another belt. The perfect time is when he won it against Tete, then defended it against Duke Micah and unfortunately he can't do it against Butler. And there are no fights for him this year, so another chances squandered.

He should learn from this experience, he has a good opportunity to face Inoue if the Butler fight push through, but Inoue now wants to be an undisputed title holder, and Casimero is not on his radar now, he will have to wait for the winner of the Inoue -  Butler fights and promoters consider him to be the next challenger, Casimero has become nightmares for promoters he should have discipline and not too showy because it backfires, time to leave social media and return fighting inside the ring.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

It's really unfortunate because he is not that young already to start over at the upper divisions but I seriously think that he does not have much of a choice here but to start again and try what he could do in super-bantam or featherweight where his weight is not an issue. He was a given a but it's sad that he just wasted it because it is pretty clear that he is struggling on his weight, so best thing to do is move-up.

Yes, he is in his early 30's, fighters prime age, he could be destroying anyone in his path and could have set up mega fight with Inoue. But we can't bring back the clock, he will have to accept and then go back to zero, climb his way back in to super bantamweight, 122 pounds (I think he can still bring his power in this weight, but 126 pounds might be too much for him. He needed to get back at least one fight maybe late this year or early 2023, just to bring back his confidence.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management

It's really unfortunate because he is not that young already to start over at the upper divisions but I seriously think that he does not have much of a choice here but to start again and try what he could do in super-bantam or featherweight where his weight is not an issue. He was a given a but it's sad that he just wasted it because it is pretty clear that he is struggling on his weight, so best thing to do is move-up.

Merit: 772

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

Yeah, I think it's obvious that Casimero has been treated very well by the WBO, they given him the second chance, most boxer don't. Once they failed the weight or for some medical reasons, can't make it to the fight, there chances are gone.
The first excuse was acceptable, the 2nd reason was not, he made an action that has violated the rules just to achieve the desired weight, it's just tantamount to cheating, and therefore it's just right that he get stripped of the title.

So Casimero is on the crossroads, mis judgement on his end, so he has to pay for it. No more fight for the belt, he has to start all over. Or move to super-bantamweight so that he will not have the problem of not able to make the desired weight for bantam.
Jump to: