Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 3. (Read 45027 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Download the open source bosminer, learn some rust language and find out by yourself.

Just because you ignored the open Stratum V2 implementation doesn't mean its a "hack". Its properly implemented you know, you could have added it if you wanted, but you deliberately chose not to, its your own fault.

What, are you also going to call clean implementations from zero a hack too? So what if its inspired in cgminer, there is no GPL violation as Con Kolivas was clearly happy with bosminer. So, what are you here for exactly? Are you still trusting baseless (and idiotic) rumors? Still going to bring something from 2015 that has nothing whatsoever to do with Braiins OS?

Who cares what *you think* happened with the pool back then, it was solved and yet you keep bringing that up. Giving how easy you fall for others baseless rumors and lies I'm not surprised anymore.

Fact is Slush Pool has 11EH while kanopool has 5PH. You can now only find one or two blocks in a year and Slush Pool is getting many in a day. Are you jealous or something? Blame your own attitude.

But this has nothing to do with Braiins OS does it? So what is the purpose of this message, like the one you did in December? Playing the FUD game now instead of actually coding?

You owe an apology to the community. You tried to spread a lie as truth (again), even after being shown facts.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
No hacks?

So how do you enforce the fee?
What extra data do you send?

It's closed source, so that means they are forced to trust you.
Slush pool has a clear and well known shady history dealing with their miners.

The original cgminer implementation, that you basically copied off the design of course, uses less network data.
What is hidden in this extra data that you don't want anyone to know?

You implemented an encrypted connection from inside the miner that also hides all this.
No one can see what's coming out of the miner except slush pool.
legendary
Then you have to send the support file so we can see what's going on. Open a support ticket (Quick Actions > Get Help > Download) and attach the .zip support file.

A few testimonials from users participating in our early access program for the S19, S19 Pro, S19 J Pro and T19:
"with original fimware i was doing downclock working at 64th and spending 11 amp now im doing with the braiins firmware 72th with 11amp !"
"my S19j Pro 104s loves the upgraded version!! 125TH at 31.2W/TH"
"2.93kW/12.47A at the wall for 110TH compared to 3.27kW/13.82A with stock firmware"
Even at this early stage, Braiins OS+ with defaults is already doing 26 J/TH with the S19 pro vs 29 J/TH as written in the factory specs.

So, 11% performance increase with the default settings. Can you do even more? Try lower limits!

Braiins OS is both legally and morally right to use in your miner. Braiins made a complete CLEAN implementation from scratch, without manufacturer support, and even against their obstacles. BOSminer was developed in house using the Rust language, and the rest of the operating system is based in the rock solid OpenWRT project.

No hacks, no code injections, no mem leaks, no freezes, no eeprom corruption. Unlike others, BOSminer never had the ability to write the hashboard eeprom in the first place, it only tries to read for model identification but can be optionally overridden for people coming with corrupted data from having used badly made firmware mods.

Do the right choice and support the right work. Say no to hacks and lies, its not who does it first, its who does it right.

Braiins OS is also the only firmware that you can just put into an SD card and test it, without ever touching the control board NAND storage. Test it by inserting a micro SD card, or remove it if you don't want to use it anymore.

With Braiins OS, permanent installation is optional. Test without worries! If it doesn't work, nothing happens!.

Why others can't do it? Because others don't want to do the complete job of replacing the entire OS, they are happy leeching off the work of others and spread lies for profit, and it shows in the results. If you are happy with patches and half done things, then that's your choice.

Come here for the clean alternative!, its like abandoning cracked software for clean open source!

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
if I set the fans to the required fans to 0 or enable "immersion mode" then it is not good either. The fans start repeatedly from 0% to 100%.
It behaves similarly with last firmware.
Why started restarting on automatic mode wnen i change slower
fans ?? does it have any solution?
would it help install third-party firmware?
Thank you

Change the minimum number of required fans to 0 or enable "immersion mode" if you have the latest version. Leave it in auto.
legendary
Change the minimum number of required fans to 0 or enable "immersion mode" if you have the latest version. Leave it in auto.
Activity: 4
Did you guys ever get around to supporting the s9k miner?

S9k, S9se, S9hydro are not supported (it doesn't work, different control board).

Currently only supported:
Bitmain Antminer S9, S9j, S9i; S17, S17pro, S17+, S17e; T17, T17+, T17e.

Development pipeline:
MicroBT Whatsminer M20s.
Bitmain Antminer S19 family.

Copying the profiles isn't needed, all the power limit profiles get saved in the same file, and are not set in stone either, it can change over time later.

Just switch the power limit value, like this:

0 7 * * * sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 1400/psu_power_limit = 900/' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart
0 19 * * * sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 900/psu_power_limit = 1400/' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart

There is no need to restart cron, changes made to System > Scheduled Tasks take place immediately.

Also be sure to not delete the existing two lines as they are used to check for updates, you have to ADD the new lines.

And if I only want to run the low power task 900W? what will be the command?
I would run the high profile by hand.

The same command, use ssh or the bos-toolbox:

bos-toolbox command -o -p YourPassWord iplist.txt "sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 900/psu_power_limit = 1400/' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart"
ssh [email protected] "sed -i 's/psu_power_limit = 900/psu_power_limit = 1400/' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart"

Hi, I'm using the command:
0 5 * * * sed -i 's / psu_power_limit = 1590 / psu_power_limit = 1160 /' /etc/bosminer.toml && /etc/init.d/bosminer restart
This is working properly.

I replaced the fans with delta Delta AFC1212DE 12038 12cm 120mm DC 12V 1.6A, 4500rpm
With these, the miner restarts every 20 seconds immediately after the start.
When I set the fans to manual restarts they stop.
How to solve this, I would like to have fans at automatic speed.

Or how to modify the command to change the fan speed and psu_power_limit. The one I use.

Thank you
legendary
Never heard of that. And Nick is the type that doesn't like wasting time swapping firmware...

Braiins OS+ has a partnership program, but unlike others, it doesn't "add" more fees. Instead, a portion of the dev fee is given to the partner, there is no difference to the users.

If you want 9% of the hashrate to go elsewhere, you just add another group (with 0.09 fixed ratio). Its clearly visible in the config of the miner. Some people would like this to be hidden but, nope.

Due to the many firmwares and asic miners out there, those users (co-location/hosts/hotels) tend to just use a local proxy/pool to do that anyway.

Any idea on what an S19 (95T)'s profitability/ income looks like running this firmware? Been debating between a few different firmwares but haven't found much info since this is a fairly new development. I keep my BTC asics far away from home so I have to decide in advance what I want to flash the machines with before I get out there, plus once I do I only have 1-2 days to monitor after flashing so I'm trying to get it all worked out before hand lol.

Its still in early access (beta), so for the time being, fans should be manually set to 100% and use the control board from an x17. You could just wait for improvements in a future release, unless you are doing immersion and happen to have spare control boards from the x17 family around already.

Anyway if you are really interested but prefer to wait for things to mature, do not upgrade your firmware, keep running what you have in the machine.

If you already switched to some other firmware, i would advise to revert back to factory and just wait, but don't upgrade so in the future your options are not blocked by the manufacturer (again).

Let me repeat this: If you own an x19 machine running factory firmware, DO NOT UPGRADE to avoid getting locked by the manufacturer from your freedom to replace their firmware.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
So I have a questions about this.

I've heard that kaboomracks pays you to use your bos and also gather fees for themselves.

It seems it may total as high as a 9% fee.

What say you?
copper member
Activity: 156
Merit: 2
Thanks for your feedback!

In case others are wondering the calculator is here: https://insights.braiins.com/

Any idea on what an S19 (95T)'s profitability/ income looks like running this firmware? Been debating between a few different firmwares but haven't found much info since this is a fairly new development. I keep my BTC asics far away from home so I have to decide in advance what I want to flash the machines with before I get out there, plus once I do I only have 1-2 days to monitor after flashing so I'm trying to get it all worked out before hand lol.

Thanks,
Jambo
legendary
NEW RELEASE Braiins OS+ 21.12 for Antminer X19’s

We are happy to inform you that a new Braiins OS+ release is here for the Antminer S19, S19 Pro, T19, and S19j Pro. For more details on the features of the release, see the updated documentation. (Note: the release does NOT support the S19j or any other X19 submodels besides those listed above.)

If you would like to test Braiins OS+ on your X19’s, there are a few important things you should know:
- Hashboard temperature impacts performance: through extensive testing, we have determined that X19 devices lose significant efficiency as the temperature of the hashboards / chips increases. In other words, your rigs will produce the same hashrate while consuming more Watts the hotter they run—even running within safe operating temperature ranges. For more details on this, see our report.
- Manually set fans to run at 100% during autotuning: due to the temperature impact described above, we strongly recommend running your fans at 100% during autotuning to ensure the best performance.
- Estimated power is NOT accurate: the estimated power consumption shown in the Braiins OS+ GUI can be inaccurate (typically overestimating the consumption). We are working to improve it for future releases. If you want to know the true efficiency of your devices, you must measure the power consumption at the wall.

To receive the firmware, please send an email to [email protected] or submit a request here with the following information:
Company name
Contact information (email address and/or telegram username)
General location of mining facility (country or state if in the US)
The # of supported X19 devices and their exact submodel(s)

For example:
Company: Braiins
Devices: 5 S19; 5 S19j Pro
Activity: 100
Merit: 6

For the time being you are not supposed to use Braiins OS with the R4 at all.

Will this ever change? So far it seems to work well with the R4 if you install the s9 software

I know, but don't go above powerlimit 1200.

Thanks for the tip I won’t go higher again. At default I was getting 9.7th I was probably only saved by the cold room but come summer it would have cooked. Having temperature readings working would help a lot. Any suggestions on what the most efficient power setting is for this miner?
legendary
Thanks for your feedback!

In case others are wondering the calculator is here: https://insights.braiins.com/
Activity: 24
Merit: 30
Just wanted to say that I really like your calculator. It knows the difference between NPV and IRR, Differentiates between Capex & Opex, Infra cost, capital, allows difficulty, price, hardware appreciations / depreciation rates, cost of capital, revenue, operating profit and net profit. It saves me creation of a spreadsheet for a quick reality check. Most other bitcoin mining calculators and some celebrity youtubers just dumbly repeat the current difficulty and price MoM and confuses between NPV/IRR, Don't understand difference between revenue and profit forget about cost of capital. Good job guys and girls. I really appreciate your effort into making this calculator though it does not earn you money directly. It shows your love for doing things right and the best you can even for a free tool.
legendary

Will this ever change? So far it seems to work well with the R4 if you install the s9 software

I know, but don't go above powerlimit 1200.
Activity: 1
Hi, I need help. (sorry for my English)

I got 2x S17e machines with braiin os installed on the nand memory. I tried everything to return them to the stock firmware, but to no avail. I do not have backups of the stock firmware to restore them with the braiin bos tools (windows & linux), but tried including the SD card methods, but so far without success. How can I start the machine from sd card and restore bitmain stock firmware?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have access to the machines via ssh, what can I change in linux to boot from sd card and not from nand memory

P.S. Finally I succeeded under Linux with bos tool: ./bos-toolbox uninstall IP
Activity: 100
Merit: 6

Activity: 5
Good idea. Thank you very much.
legendary
This does not change the boot up sequence, it only affects the situation where bosminer is stopped, such as when someone with solar panels wants to stop mining at night.

When you give power to the fans, before any control is done, they will spin at full power as they were designed to do. It is only when either bosminer_monitor or bosminer start, that they can control the fans, not before.

Because Braiins OS is the fastest booting fw, this really isn't a problem for most users.

If you are permanently using low power limits, why not just replace the fans with low speed aftermarket solutions? Maybe 3k rpm?
Activity: 5
100% to 50%:

ssh [email protected] "/etc/init.d/bosminer_monitor stop && sed -i 's/fan_set_duty(i, 100)/fan_set_duty(i, 50)/g' /usr/sbin/bosminer_monitor.lua && /etc/init.d/bosminer_monitor start"

At your own risk...

I tried, and it made no difference. Fans spin up to 100% when bosminer is restarted or device starts up.
I even tried at 25% and there was no difference.
http://prntscr.com/218qha3
legendary
100% to 50%:

ssh [email protected] "/etc/init.d/bosminer_monitor stop && sed -i 's/fan_set_duty(i, 100)/fan_set_duty(i, 50)/g' /usr/sbin/bosminer_monitor.lua && /etc/init.d/bosminer_monitor start"

At your own risk...
Pages:
Jump to: