Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 71. (Read 199718 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 31, 2017, 04:57:20 PM
Oh, now you no longer talk about not enough hands

How come really? I remember that you started with claiming that no one is going to work for Btce-e because "would you be working as an employee for an exchange that there is international arrest warrant against it"? And now you seem to proceed to what you actually meant to say (but didn't say) that Btc-e is a criminal operation. But I can only tell you what I have already told, i.e. many people don't actually think of this exchange as a criminal operation, and that's why they won't have any issues with helping hands or just hiring qualified personnel. No need to distort my point (since that's what you are trying to do now)

You have said that not me. You are completely lost. You have equalized exchange work with illegal ideas, needs and wishes. On contrary I have said that BTC-e employees and owners will first think of their personal safety and their families. So be real that there are very slim chances that BTC-e will be back. That's the only reason why they have extended this waiting period for 30 days. Nothing else!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 31, 2017, 04:51:50 PM
What's the problem with that?

You seem to underestimate how whole-heartedly and how much the US is hated in the world. I guess there would be enough people eager to get that job even for half pay just for the feeling they are doing something which is going to show Murica the middle finger

Feels are not important but treaties that many countries have been forced to sign with USA. Would you risk to go into jail in a foreign country and be threatened to be extradited into USA like that happen to Vinnik (who ever he is and forget that he might be rich)?! Think about his family, think how your family will feel thinking of you being held in jail in a foreign country 5000km away. That's the question for each employee and they know that. Or do you think that they are Russian mafia boys without families?

I get you are disconnected from reality

Thousand of people from developed countries and from all over the world join terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda and ISIS risking and actually paying with their lives just for some obscure idea of fairness, justice and equality (as these dudes understand them). Now you talk about otherwise quite decent job which actually serves for the betterment of society. Feelings are what driving not just separate people but the whole humanity

You are really legendary. Who's going to work for YOUR ability to trade and to make MONEY for yourself while risking to get into jail? ? ? ? ? How stupid you want them to be! This is about money and not ideas

Why are you repeating the same stuff again and again?

Could you just accept that there will be enough people to help Btc-e rise from the ashes despite all the warrants the US government may order, the threats of imprisonment they may throw, and the fears of being extradited to the US and prosecuted they may instill? People are consciously involved in drug-trafficking even if they know that they will be prosecuted if caught, and there are still enough drug-dealers. Now compare those nasty and filthy operations to something which most of us consider the right thing to do

Who's helping them? You can't help them. They don't need your help.

"People are consciously involved in drug-trafficking"...... you want to say that btc-e operators are really some mafia guys deliberately doing illegal things?

First learn to read

Then learn to understand what is being said or written. I meant to say that that people are voluntarily involved in activities that are considered as nefarious and despicable by the majority of sane people in any part of the world. This was to show that helping or just working for them Btc-e is not really a question of whether there will be enough hands. This was not to show that what they do has anything in common with criminal operation. Now I'm seriously starting to wonder what is your agenda here

I understood you very well but you haven't understood what you have actually said. You are actually saying that anyone desperate, stupid or mafia is ok to run an exchange.

Wait for US wild west to return

Oh, now you no longer talk about not enough hands

How come really? I remember that you started with claiming that no one is going to work for Btce-e because "would you be working as an employee for an exchange that there is international arrest warrant against it"? And now you seem to proceed to what you actually meant to say (but didn't say) that Btc-e is a criminal operation. But I can only tell you what I have already told, i.e. many people don't actually think of this exchange as a criminal operation, and that's why the exchange won't have any issues with helping hands or just hiring qualified personnel. No need to distort my point (since that's what you are trying to do right now). Btc-e is not a criminal operation in the public eye (at least, not in the eye of Bitcoin users)
Activity: 107
July 31, 2017, 04:51:40 PM
im a victim and i didnt read forums for 2 days. i didnt bellive we got our coins before

and i still dont bellive we will get them

cya in a couple days
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 4398
diamond-handed zealot
July 31, 2017, 04:45:32 PM

Wait for US wild west to return.

listen you Statist fuck

learn to edit out all but the most recent reply or get ignored
July 31, 2017, 04:41:55 PM

You seem to underestimate how whole-heartedly and how much the US is hated in the world. I guess there would be enough people eager to get that job even for half pay just for the feeling they are doing something which is going to show Murica the middle finger

Feels are not important but treaties that many countries have been forced to sign with USA. Would you risk to go into jail in a foreign country and be threatened to be extradited into USA like that happen to Vinnik (who ever he is and forget that he might be rich)?! Think about his family, think how your family will feel thinking of you being held in jail in a foreign country 5000km away. That's the question for each employee and they know that. Or do you think that they are Russian mafia boys without families?

Thousand of people from developed countries and from all over the world join terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda and ISIS risking and actually paying with their lives just for some obscure idea of fairness, justice and equality (as these dudes understand them). Now you talk about otherwise quite decent job which actually serves for the betterment of society. Feelings are what driving not just separate people but the whole humanity

You are really legendary. Who's going to work for YOUR ability to trade and to make MONEY for yourself while risking to get into jail? ? ? ? ? How stupid you want them to be! This is about money and not ideas

Could you just accept that there will be enough people to help Btc-e rise from the ashes despite all the warrants the US government may order, the threats of imprisonment they may throw, and the fears of being extradited to the US and prosecuted they may instill? People are consciously involved in drug-trafficking even if they know that they will be prosecuted if caught, and there are still enough drug-dealers. Now compare those nasty and filthy operations to something which most of us consider the right thing to do

"People are consciously involved in drug-trafficking"...... you want to say that btc-e operators are really some mafia guys deliberately doing illegal things?

First learn to read

Then learn to understand what is being said or written. I meant to say that that people are voluntarily involved in activities that are considered as nefarious and despicable by the majority of sane people in any part of the world. This was to show that helping or just working for them Btc-e is not really a question of whether there will be enough hands. This was not to show that what they do has anything in common with criminal operation. Now I'm seriously starting to wonder what is your agenda here

I understood you very well but you haven't understood what you have actually said. You are actually saying that anyone desperate, stupid or mafia is ok to run an exchange.

Wait for US wild west to return.
legendary
July 31, 2017, 04:37:40 PM

First learn to read

Then learn to understand what is being said or written. I meant to say that a lot of people are voluntarily involved in activities that are considered as nefarious and despicable by the majority of sane people in any part of the world. This was to show that helping or just working for Btc-e is not really a question of whether there will be enough hands. This was not to show that what they do has anything in common with criminal operations. Now I'm seriously starting to wonder what is your agenda here
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
July 31, 2017, 04:34:10 PM

Is this a B-17?

a Bitcoin-17..though perhaps a PE3 would have been more appropriate
legendary
diamond-handed zealot
July 31, 2017, 04:32:51 PM
This is about money and not ideas.

I beg to differ
July 31, 2017, 04:32:44 PM
Yes, if the exchange goes back online I'm keeping everything there, I'm aware of the risk fbi or whoever will attack again, but I want to support them. Just because they didn't run with our money, and they could, if they want

They will come back only if they have control over significant amount of funds otherwise no chance and also if they are brave enough considering that there is BTC-e operator international arrest warrant.

Reality check.
Guys (are there any girls here btw?) would you be working as an employee for an exchange that there is international arrest warrant against it? No traveling into many countries, no dealing with banks from many countries. That is very difficult issue much more then restoring exchange system

"People are consciously involved in drug-trafficking"...... you want to say that btc-e operators are really some mafia guys deliberately doing illegal things? You are equalizing exchange work with something illegal.

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
July 31, 2017, 04:32:37 PM
they manage to land this thing they are my go-to exchange for sure

Is this a B-17?
legendary
July 31, 2017, 04:27:00 PM
Yes, if the exchange goes back online I'm keeping everything there, I'm aware of the risk fbi or whoever will attack again, but I want to support them. Just because they didn't run with our money, and they could, if they want

They will come back only if they have control over significant amount of funds otherwise no chance and also if they are brave enough considering that there is BTC-e operator international arrest warrant.

Reality check.
Guys (are there any girls here btw?) would you be working as an employee for an exchange that there is international arrest warrant against it? No traveling into many countries, no dealing with banks from many countries. That is very difficult issue much more then restoring exchange system

Could you just accept that there will be enough people to help Btc-e rise from the ashes despite all the warrants the US government may order, the threats of imprisonment they may throw, and the fears of being extradited to the US and prosecuted there they may instill? People are consciously involved in drug-trafficking (as well as many other nefarious activities) even if they know for certain that they will be prosecuted if caught, and there are still enough drug-dealers in the world. Now compare these nasty and filthy operations to something which most of us consider the right thing to do
July 31, 2017, 04:19:00 PM

Reality check.

You are really legendary. Who's going to work for YOUR ability to trade and to make MONEY for yourself while risking to get into jail? ? ? ? ? How stupid you want them to be! This is about money and not ideas.
legendary
July 31, 2017, 04:11:58 PM

Reality check.

I gather you are disconnected from reality

Literally thousands of people from developed countries and from all over the world join terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda and ISIS risking and actually paying with their lives just for some obscure idea of fairness, justice, and equality as these dudes understand such and similar ideas (I'm in no case defending the atrocities they do). Now you talk about otherwise quite decent job which actually serves for the betterment of society. As an aside, feelings are what driving not just individual people but the whole of humanity
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
July 31, 2017, 04:09:59 PM
hope they can still keep there trading platform running, cause they are more better than BTER for sure, they are the real scammers.
U.S are trying to regulate cryto as if it's theirs
July 31, 2017, 04:08:03 PM

Reality check.

You seem to underestimate how much and how whole-heartedly the US is hated in the world (not ordinary Americans, of course, but rather Uncle Sam specifically, i.e. the US government and establishment). I guess there would be enough experienced and skilled people eager to get that job even for half pay just for the feeling they are doing something which is going to show Murica the middle finger. Even if it means risking arrested by the US warrant and extradited to the US

That would just give such job more thrill

Feels are not important but treaties that many countries have been forced to sign with USA. Would you risk to go into jail in a foreign country and be threatened to be extradited into USA like that happen to Vinnik (who ever he is and forget that he might be rich)?! Think about his family, think how your family will feel thinking of you being held in a foreign country jail 5000km away almost without possibility for them to visit you. That's the question for each employee and they know that. Or do you think that they are Russian mafia boys without families?

You need more thrill? Go into French Foreign Legion.
legendary
July 31, 2017, 03:56:57 PM

Reality check.

You seem to underestimate how much and how whole-heartedly the US is hated in the world (not ordinary Americans, of course, but rather Uncle Sam specifically, i.e. the US government and establishment). I guess there would be enough experienced and skilled people eager to get that job even for half pay just for the feeling they are doing something which is going to show Murica the middle finger. Even if it means risking arrested by the US warrant and extradited to the US

That would just give such job more thrill
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
July 31, 2017, 03:25:45 PM
Even if they do attempt to refund all the clients it is a bit far fetched.
Does that imply they will refund even clients that were the main reason for the server and domain seizure?

And if they the feds do have seized the servers do they even know that putting a copy online will just get taken down in a matter of days?

July 31, 2017, 02:48:08 PM

Reality check.
Guys (are there any girls here btw?) would you be working as an employee for an exchange that there is international arrest warrant against it? No traveling into many countries, no dealing with banks from many countries. That is very difficult issue much more then restoring exchange system.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
July 31, 2017, 02:25:43 PM
"To date, part of the service funds were arrested by FBI"

Probably the fiat.

hot wallets for automated trade settlement

Although... they really chose to put the hot wallets on US resident servers?

That's not clear at all. But they may have been in a country more friendly to US intervention than they thought. Ideally, the keys on such servers would be encrypted, with the database and exchange data being constantly dumped to remote servers. But it's really unclear how much of the infrastructure was left intact.
Activity: 13
July 31, 2017, 01:51:13 PM
Hurrah for BTC-E! They've NEVER let us down. I was once hacked. 100,000$ in Bitcoin was in my BTC-E wallet. The hacker didn't have my email so couldn't approve withdraw. BTC-E locked my account after I told them. Although the support was absolutely the worst I've ever come by (I literally didn't get a response for over a week regarding when/if my wallet would be unlocked), it was excruciating, but finally they came thru. I was able to prove the account belonged to me, not the hacker, and I got my account back  Grin

BTC-E is on another level of trustworthiness. I will hold my love rant until service is renewed, but I can tell you now, BTC-E is as HONEST as they come.
Pages:
Jump to: