Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS) - page 3. (Read 198720 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Looks like the Cyphermine.B1 bonds were purchased on September 10, 2013 so in a few weeks Deprived will be able to redeem them for face value with no penalty. Maybe that is what he is waiting for. If he can redeem the bonds he can pay all back dividends and close down the fund cleanly.

I hope he uses this opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

No this forum is not built upon semi-anonymous non-secured loans.

Bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous.

This forum is not built on loans. Let's get that straight as I do not take out loans from my customers, for example.

Obviously you are in a position where you think you know what you are talking about but it appears you are clueless.  Roll Eyes

Loans can be secure in several ways via having the other party consent to giving you their personal information in case you need recourse or using some sort of collateral or escrow to keep the borrowing party accountable.

All I said was it baffles me how many people send money to people they haven't got any information on over the internet. UNSECURED-LOANS. Nowhere did I say it surprised me of the nature of Bitcoin and loans denominated in it.
I don't know how this could work in reality. The personal information is worth nothing i you can't take the counterparty to court. Let's say I live in France and want to take a russian guy of who I have the credentials to court over 2000 $ at the time of lending and 4000 $ at the time I wanna start sueing. Really, what are the chances this will lead anywhere?

I think other forms of LIMITING the needed trust - like the system 2070 has in place with BDD - are much more fitting to BTC ecosystem. A system of pawning can maybe work, too like this one lending page (forgot the name) had with btct.co shares.

Had btct.co not collapsed, I doubt Deprived would have just taken the money and run. Also there was this strange deal with Ukyo, what happened to that one?

1. Of course not all circumstances are feasible to recourse. That is pretty obvious. But anyone doing their due diligence to get the information from the borrower would not lend to people say, outside of their country.

2. Deprived supposedly has access to all of the funds that belong to his investors. BTCT.co has nothing to do with it as far as I am aware.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100

This forum is not built on loans. Let's get that straight as I do not take out loans from my customers, for example.

Obviously you are in a position where you think you know what you are talking about but it appears you are clueless.  Roll Eyes

Loans can be secure in several ways via having the other party consent to giving you their personal information in case you need recourse or using some sort of collateral or escrow to keep the borrowing party accountable.

All I said was it baffles me how many people send money to people they haven't got any information on over the internet. UNSECURED-LOANS. Nowhere did I say it surprised me of the nature of Bitcoin and loans denominated in it.
I don't know how this could work in reality. The personal information is worth nothing i you can't take the counterparty to court. Let's say I live in France and want to take a russian guy of who I have the credentials to court over 2000 $ at the time of lending and 4000 $ at the time I wanna start sueing. Really, what are the chances this will lead anywhere?

I think other forms of LIMITING the needed trust - like the system 2070 has in place with BDD - are much more fitting to BTC ecosystem. A system of pawning can maybe work, too like this one lending page (forgot the name) had with btct.co shares.

Had btct.co not collapsed, I doubt Deprived would have just taken the money and run. Also there was this strange deal with Ukyo, what happened to that one?
legendary
What baffles me is how people can send so many coins to a supposedly anonymous person. Do you give out unsecured loans to random strangers who you meet for the first time?

Are you new to this subforum?

Are you trying to be funny?

Please re-read what I wrote.

Full Disclosure: I haven't ever invested into a project/business/security who was operated by another party.

Contrary to your thoughts, I'm not out for humor.

I ask because this subforum is built upon semi-anonymous non-secured loans. So, if you are/were new to this subforum, you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

But, yes, most everyone here is providing funding to people that they don't know with no backing assets.

Obviously you are in a position where you think you know what you are talking about but it appears you are clueless.  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
What baffles me is how people can send so many coins to a supposedly anonymous person. Do you give out unsecured loans to random strangers who you meet for the first time?

Full Disclosure: I haven't ever invested into a project/business/security who was operated by another party.

Contrary to your thoughts, I'm not out for humor.

I ask because this subforum is built upon semi-anonymous non-secured loans. So, if you are/were new to this subforum, you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

But, yes, most everyone here is providing funding to people that they don't know with no backing assets.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100

+1 funny. Especially from you, 2070.
legendary

legendary

legendary
Oh and also, I think people should get back on track with finding out who he really is, where he lives, and what his status is. I am from the UK, so willing to assist with what I can. It's time we went after these scoundrels and made them accountable. That's the point of crypto and the blockchain right? Unrelenting, provable accountability. The difficult part is getting the guilty parties to act on it - everyone knows and can see their shenanigans, but we always fall short of actually MAKING them accountable.

legendary
Empty words to keep people off your back?

Have some agency, man. Clean this mess up and pay what people are owed. You put the time and effort in to setting it up, and running it somewhat professionally, you can take the time to see it through. You probably made money from bitcoin, but it is the community that got bitcoin where it is, so you owe the community. It is not right to enjoy your profits while good honest members of the crypto community that put the whole thing where it is, get shafted. You know this.

That quote from Deprived was back from March, the last time he showed up. Leaving negative trust won't do anything either, but you guys go ahead if it will make you feel better - I don't know if there is much that you can do-
Activity: 2
Oh and also, I think people should get back on track with finding out who he really is, where he lives, and what his status is. I am from the UK, so willing to assist with what I can. It's time we went after these scoundrels and made them accountable. That's the point of crypto and the blockchain right? Unrelenting, provable accountability. The difficult part is getting the guilty parties to act on it - everyone knows and can see their shenanigans, but we always fall short of actually MAKING them accountable.
Activity: 2
Empty words to keep people off your back?

Have some agency, man. Clean this mess up and pay what people are owed. You put the time and effort in to setting it up, and running it somewhat professionally, you can take the time to see it through. You probably made money from bitcoin, but it is the community that got bitcoin where it is, so you owe the community. It is not right to enjoy your profits while good honest members of the crypto community that put the whole thing where it is, get shafted. You know this.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Left negative trust as well. Deprived is a shameless scammer right along with all the worst thieves and criminals in bitcoin security history.
legendary
I left him negative trust:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=40149

I suggest people who are owed funds from him do the same.
legendary

If it walks like a scammer and talks like a scammer...it probably is one.

I think exactly like you. And this is why a lot of people stays away of the unregulated crypto world. You can trust no one

Which is the same reason why I never thought to invest in a "Bitcoin Security". What a bunch of nonsense.

90-95% of all that are created end up scamming their investors of funds.

Deprived is no different. I'm although shocked that he would do it given he had a good track record then as Bitcoin was on the heels of $1000 he went ....P00F and disappeared. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 854

If it walks like a scammer and talks like a scammer...it probably is one.

I think exactly like you. And this is why a lot of people stays away of the unregulated crypto world. You can trust no one
legendary
Anyone who is owed funds from Deprived should at least leave negative trust rating on his forum profile.
legendary
Not at home (and fairly drunk) so can't lookup figures

Off to bed now before work tomorrow -will try to touch base

I havent done (and  can't presently do) any of the math

So not only do you imagine it's okay to disappear for months at a time exposing a gaping lack of any sort of failsafe or planning, but the idea is that it's also okay to come back drunk, without data, and with a pile of maybes and vague assertions of somehow wiping up after yourself later?

The abhorrent lack of discipline among wannabe securities issuers in BTC is not some sort of lower bound that you can adopt and still be taken seriously. Adopting this is the wave of a certain banner, recognizable to anyone without their heads up their asses, ostensibly recognizable at one point to yourself.

So long as it isn't impossible due to block-chain limitations ALL outstanding dividends WILL be paid promptly (subject to confirming the email/BTC addresses) so any judgment of what's fair has to be made on that basis.

You are not in a position to decree what's fair any more than you're in a position to allude to other people's failures. You've got those months' worth of explaining (with data, not later, not when you magically access some piece of equipment, not drunk, not truncated for the sake of some irrelevant task on the horizon) to do --start there. You've made quite sure that's the only place to start that you've got.
I would never have guessed I would ever do this, but I totally agree with MPOE-PR.

This attitude of "hey I've been away for months, now I'm drunk" is so insane I cannot help but thinking he's doing it on purpose. Which purpose, I've no idea, since it does not make sense. Acting like everything's ok and normal is... I'm not sure I even have the words for that.

Him coming back in March after all of the talks of finding him was to keep people at bay and not thinking about taking legal action.

Obviously he did not want to tell people why he was gone for so long. If it walks like a scammer and talks like a scammer...it probably is one.
legendary
I would expect there's more than enough btc in the wallet to bring DMS.MINING up to date, which should be Deprived's first priority.

It's anyone's guess when CIPHERMINE.B1 will be liquid or redeemable so I'm not sure what the go is there. I've given up waiting for the exchange and I'm trying to get mine redeemed.

I am glad you are OK Deprived, but you've aged me. If you disappear again I'll be resuming my inquiries to identify you, as you should expect.

I can say even without access to the spreadsheets that there's enough cash to bring MINING up to date - based purely on where difficulty now is.  In fact I'm certain there'll also be an immediate cash dividend due on SELLING.

On CipherermINE.B1 I'll comment further when I'm sober and home on Saturday.

As far as my identity and reason for absence is concerned I'll also be commenting - and taking some steps to avoid a recurrence of the recent situation.  In principle I've no objection to revealing my identity to you (and other larger investors) : running off with your investment is not (and never has been) something I've intended.

If anyone has demonstrable losses caused by my absence (by which I mean actual costs incurred - not "I could have sold when BTC was 1200 if DMS had been relisted and CIPHERMINE.B1 had traded at face value") then I'm fine with covering them.  Lack of funds was never (and isn't) an issue for me.

I suppose "Saturday" never came yet in his part of the world.  Roll Eyes

I'm sure there are several if not dozens of people waiting for their BTC and funds etc.
Activity: 17
   0.00034120 per Mining or Purchase
   0.00032901   Per MINING or PURCHASE
Mining got less?

Back in March, when I first did the calculation, I accidentally forgot to count the 7-day advance dividends that Deprived paid out to MINING on October 26th.  Those 7 days came to 0.00004503 so the number back in March should have been 0.00029617.  That means that from March to July, each MINING share would have made 0.00003284 in dividends.

Pages:
Jump to: