Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS) - page 5. (Read 198720 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Still trying to track this man down?

Eventually, yes, if needed and if BTC still makes sense (hopefully it will make much more sense by then!)
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Still trying to track this man down?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Just a random idea - who else would be willing to post a bounty leading to the identification of Deprived?

I'd cough up 0.5 btc.

can i put in .4 (this is the easiest for me to access at moment). will have more in a week or two Smiley
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Just a random idea - who else would be willing to post a bounty leading to the identification of Deprived?

I'd cough up 0.5 btc.

I will contribute 0.2 btc + 5% * (what I get back from DMS bonds).
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I'd cough up 0.5 btc.
legendary
Activity: 1386
just took a  very brief look at some of bitcoin addresses own by deprived, seem large amount funneled into an address with relation to previous bitcoin scam/HYIP. (oilrigcontractors.com) and perhaps connection to user 'projects' who recently scammed and dissapeared around dec 30th of last year noticed.

i dont have interest or time to look properly, but perhaps some who lost funds can start digging.

Do you mind providing the links/addresses? I'd be interested to look into it.

on mobile can't write much now
1 link here https://blockchain.info/address/14yTB7UpBAxDVEnQP2YL5f9TuQtWBpKMCy

No problem; if/when you get a chance. I have a feeling that there's not much urgency in this  Wink

I'll start on this one-
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
just took a  very brief look at some of bitcoin addresses own by deprived, seem large amount funneled into an address with relation to previous bitcoin scam/HYIP. (oilrigcontractors.com) and perhaps connection to user 'projects' who recently scammed and dissapeared around dec 30th of last year noticed.

i dont have interest or time to look properly, but perhaps some who lost funds can start digging.

on mobile can't write much now
1 link here https://blockchain.info/address/14yTB7UpBAxDVEnQP2YL5f9TuQtWBpKMCy
legendary
Activity: 1386

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

Activity: 728
Calculating the numbers on dividend payouts is fairly simple, but is ultimately pointless if the funds aren't available for distribution. The liquid BTC is only accessible by Deprived and while in principle the CipherMine folks could decide to pay out the bonds owned by DMS to a third party managing the liquidation of the fund, they seem to have not given any indication that this is a step they're willing to take as the legal status of the ownership of the CipherMine bonds is fuzzy at best.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
It would be useful to bring updated figures just to keep track of things here.

I will try to update my spreadsheet for MINING and re-post the link
Activity: 17
Anyone could give an estimation of following?

1) What's the outstanding dividend to DMS.Mining?

2) What's the outstanding dividend to DMS.Selling or if there's any?

We've lost the track for around half a year already.

Here is what I calculated back in early March:
Just did some calculations and it looks like back dividends are something close to:
   0.0003412014 per Mining or Purchase
   0.002000772  per Selling or Purchase

As of October 25th there were 163054 "Effective Units" outstanding.  That means DMS is about 382 BTC behind on dividend payments.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Just for sake of completeness I reached out to fligen via PM:
I do not have his phone number, I do have his personal email with a full name. Let's give him the benefit of doubt for now.

Since then he has gone missing for all but two days in the last six months! Are you now willing to contact him or make public his real name or email address?

Gone November 27 to March 13, about 3.5 months.
Gone March 14 to today, about 2.5 months.

Fligen has stated that Deprived's real first name is "Charlie".  This conflicts with other reports of the name being Jon W.  I hope his last name is uncommon or he will be hard to find in a world of Charlies.

It appears that fligen is Clint Ditto of Waco, Texas:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/clint-ditto/27/b79/38

http://www.cryptopros.com/2014/04/clint-ditto-bitcoin-foundation.html

It shouldn't be too hard to get his attention. Whether he responds is a different matter.
legendary
Activity: 882
Anyone could give an estimation of following?

1) What's the outstanding dividend to DMS.Mining?

2) What's the outstanding dividend to DMS.Selling or if there's any?

We've lost the track for around half a year already.

legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
stripykitteh, shall we super sleuth this charlie,
fligen I think we have given him the benefit of the doubt, I am sure we have all tried to contact him. Now it would be nice to do it formally and in a unified fashion, to the actual person not just on bitcointalk.org. the distributions of the outstanding funds is not a insurmountable problem, I am sure several of us have been greatly inconvenienced by not having access to them.

A large portion of the funds are in the form of bonds. How do you propose to distribute those funds?
Activity: 658
I do not have his phone number, I do have his personal email with a full name. Let's give him the benefit of doubt for now.

Since then he has gone missing for all but two days in the last six months! Are you now willing to contact him or make public his real name or email address?

Fligen has stated that Deprived's real first name is "Charlie".  This conflicts with other reports of the name being Jon W.  I hope his last name is uncommon or he will be hard to find in a world of Charlies.

stripykitteh, shall we super sleuth this charlie,
fligen I think we have given him the benefit of the doubt, I am sure we have all tried to contact him. Now it would be nice to do it formally and in a unified fashion, to the actual person not just on bitcointalk.org. the distributions of the outstanding funds is not a insurmountable problem, I am sure several of us have been greatly inconvenienced by not having access to them.
Activity: 17

Activity: 517
Merit: 250
Why do you guys even talk about deprived like he will be back here in 2014.   Lets wait till January, then we can hurry up and wait some more
legendary
Activity: 854
So what happened to the track down of this guy?. Is he or is he not Jon Walkin?

This is exactly why many people stay away of the crypto-world, even the "reputable" members  fuck you whenever they get the chance. Without a set of rules and laws we are doomed.
Activity: 57
analbeard claims CM bond payments today. Perhaps withdrawal of Ciphertrade balance will force him to yield his identity, which would atleast be a reassuring sign of good faith even if only the CT proprietors have access to it. Deprived should make statement beyond claiming and ignoring to do something the coming weekend.

What is stopping Deprived from making a preliminary payout of the funds he does have access to, to atleast begin closing the fund?
Pages:
Jump to: