Pages:
Author

Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box - page 78. (Read 186929 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
OK, I couldn't hold out any more... just ordered one!

you ordered with paypal? and did you receive a confirmation email for the order yet?

Yes, I used Paypal in case I have a chance of getting my money back if it turns out to be a scam, but I really just hope I get a working unit.

No confirmation e-mail from Butterfly Labs directly yet.  Just the receipt from Paypal.  However, I did order at 1:41AM, so I don't mind if I don't see anything until my payment clears next Friday.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more show up "in the wild" this weekend.

Right now, I'm feeling like 80% chance that I'll get my unit by end of April 2012.

In my gut, there is a 15% chance that it'll get delayed further than that.

and 5% chance that I'm in the second wave scam round where I buy after the few success stories.

I've read a lot about all of the FPGA technology and butterfly labs, etc.

I feel like the FPGA technology x6500 boards and Icarus boards are simply too expensive right now (even though this is the best long term solution).  Also, I got several people involved to see if we could try to build them ourselves, but I feel like I would waste way too much money doing that given my lack of computer engineering skills.

I need to tend to my wife's short term payoff, which this unit gives the possibility of paying itself off within the year depending on price/difficulty.  My wife also hates the large electricity bill, so if I can make it more of a "initial investment" with very low operational costs, she may be ok with it.

The only thing I'm still curious about is whether I will be able to play a video game and have this thing run in the background.  Right now overclocking my 5970 makes the screen glitchy and it's loud, etc.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Butterfly Labs - can you tell us how many backorders you have at this point?

I see so many people saying they have ordered 1 or 2 (or 10).  If we assume 300 backordered singles, and say, 10 of the box rigs, that's around 750 GH/s of added hashing power!  Increase of difficulty around 7.5% from where we are now...  I guess it's not a huge amount, but still interesting to think about!

The difficulty is going up by around 15% a month anyway. Even putting all bitcoins earned back into new singles, it will not be enough to maintain a set income. Unless bitcoin prices go up or the difficulty stops going up at the current rate.
So ... where did you get that 15% number from?
The current jump 24 blocks ago was approx 9%
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

you ordered with paypal? and did you receive a confirmation email for the order yet?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

I see so many people saying they have ordered 1 or 2 (or 10).  If we assume 300 backordered singles, and say, 10 of the box rigs, that's around 750 GH/s of added hashing power!  Increase of difficulty around 7.5% from where we are now...  I guess it's not a huge amount, but still interesting to think about!

The difficulty is going up by around 15% a month anyway. Even putting all bitcoins earned back into new singles, it will not be enough to maintain a set income. Unless bitcoin prices go up or the difficulty stops going up at the current rate.
Activity: 350
Yes. I received an email when they shipped the single.

Me too.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Has anyone received any comment from bfl regarding why they no longer accept bitcoin as a payment method?

As others have pointed out in the forums, BFL has been bombarded by requests regarding purchase of the single.

Looks like they have decided to put all of their resources towards producing for their current customers so I suspect most requests will go unanswered for a while.

Did either of you receive an email when they shipped it?

Yes. I received an email when they shipped the single.
Activity: 349
Using CGMiner.  For some reason ufasoft's 64-bit linux miner refused to generate/submit any shares.

Usiing a recent git pull version of cgminer, no command-line options are necessary for devices already connected to the computer, i.e. Luke-Jr is working on the Plug-n-play version, based on the git comments(haven't had any direct communications with Luke-Jr).
So this makes the 3rd confirmed delivery right?
I'm glad to see more singles in the wild!

* gigavps moves chips all in.....
So am I  Grin
I received a tracking number right after it was shipped.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Using CGMiner.  For some reason ufasoft's 64-bit linux miner refused to generate/submit any shares.

Usiing a recent git pull version of cgminer, no command-line options are necessary for devices already connected to the computer, i.e. Luke-Jr is working on the Plug-n-play version, based on the git comments(haven't had any direct communications with Luke-Jr).

So am I  Grin
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Has anyone received any comment from bfl regarding why they no longer accept bitcoin as a payment method?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

You forget to account for the fact that some GPU-based rigs will be retired when the Singles come online, due to power / heat concerns.

I, for one, will probably turn off one GPU-based rig for every 5 or 6 singles I bring online, due to heat concerns.
Good point as well.
Activity: 448

You forget to account for the fact that some GPU-based rigs will be retired when the Singles come online, due to power / heat concerns.

I, for one, will probably turn off one GPU-based rig for every 5 or 6 singles I bring online, due to heat concerns.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

Using CGMiner.  For some reason ufasoft's 64-bit linux miner refused to generate/submit any shares.

So am I  Grin
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps

Using CGMiner.  For some reason ufasoft's 64-bit linux miner refused to generate/submit any shares.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
@Energizer: We do test all the units for a minimum of 12 hours prior to shipping. This is our endurance test
that is done in a harsh environment to make sure the unit is stable and will not encounter any problem in its
lifetime.

Regards,

It would be great if you can find some time for answering our emails the same way you find time to respond here!

Its amazing how a single chinese engineer "ngzhang" manage to answer emails/design Icarus boards/develop software/test boards, and meet all his customers requirements in time "VIVA CHINA"!

thats a very good point - you guys should hire a temp or a grad student or someone to handle customer service. a little bit of good customer service goes a long way. IMO it looks like they are just understaffed. I placed my order almost a week ago and still have not been given instructions to pay for my order.

Should have paid with PayPal the money from my order last Friday has left my bank account so hopefully my order is under way  Grin
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
@Energizer: We do test all the units for a minimum of 12 hours prior to shipping. This is our endurance test
that is done in a harsh environment to make sure the unit is stable and will not encounter any problem in its
lifetime.

Regards,

It would be great if you can find some time for answering our emails the same way you find time to respond here!

Its amazing how a single chinese engineer "ngzhang" manage to answer emails/design Icarus boards/develop software/test boards, and meet all his customers requirements in time "VIVA CHINA"!

thats a very good point - you guys should hire a temp or a grad student or someone to handle customer service. a little bit of good customer service goes a long way. IMO it looks like they are just understaffed. I placed my order almost a week ago and still have not been given instructions to pay for my order.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis

And already shipped 100 units with another 100 units set to ship in 10 days. Too soon?
Pages:
Jump to: