Pages:
Author

Topic: Can any other crypto replace bitcoin? - page 91. (Read 8842 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
April 17, 2018, 09:07:11 AM
I don't think that we will find a replacement for bitcoin as such, maybe some decent competitors but bitcoin is what it is, if we see any others challenge the market leader they will have other uses and functions that bitcoin does not have, ETH for example is not like bitcoin at all.

Bitcoin will remain the focal point for crypto for a while.
Activity: 261
Merit: 10
https://assetsplit.org/
April 17, 2018, 09:05:37 AM
Maybe faster cryptocurrency like IOTA which is better in the number of transactions per second (scalability)
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
April 17, 2018, 09:04:15 AM
There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

From this point in time yes we can say something like that. But of course that things can change. Look at before in the beginning of the internet the most popular search engine was Yahoo and it got surpassed by Google. It is possible for any altcoin to surpass bitcoin in terms of market cap. We will see which ones will be the most innovative, bitcoin could also be and stay number one for time to come.
Activity: 91
Merit: 1
April 17, 2018, 08:58:52 AM
There are many cryptocurrencies out there, the fluctuation is wide and big. There’s a need of a coin that uses a process to stabilize its value.

No doubt that there is no other cryptocurrency or altcoin that can supersede the bitcoin. At least not for the next 5-10 years. Of course there are many rising competitors like Ethereum, ripple and litecoin.

Do you agree???

Yes I agree with you that there is a tendency that bitcoin will be superseded with other coins. But for me its not that easy bitcoin to be replace it takes more time and for sure people will not allow it to happen. Right now the best competitor of bitcoin are the haters and the government who bans bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
April 17, 2018, 08:56:53 AM
What do you mean by replace? If for being rank #1 (in marketcap) yes they can replace bitcoin and it depends on the people if they'll going to choose that coin but bitcoin will still be the father of alts.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
April 17, 2018, 08:52:02 AM
I don't think that altcoins can replace bitcoin on its place because I think altcoins are also relying with bitcoin, so without bitcoin, they are also not going to bloom or to grow.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
April 17, 2018, 08:47:41 AM

In terms of price, BTC isn't actually the coin with the highest of value, there's 42 coin which is expensive than BTC. But btc however is much accepted by merchants and more popular than any other coins or tokens which I don't think there is any coin popular than BTC. I have talked to some BTC investor but they didn't know Ether. A chinese in the neighborhood doesn't even have any idea what NEO is.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
April 17, 2018, 08:44:49 AM
I agree with you that there are a lot of bitcoin competitors and may be able to replace bitcoin. But this is not easy to do, it is very difficult and has little chance of doing.

I believe the main enemy of bitcoin is not a crypto, but people who hate and dislike bitcoin.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 08:36:41 AM

Do you agree???
Pages:
Jump to: