Pages:
Author

Topic: Can ethereum be beat Bitcoin - page 18. (Read 2056 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 08:53:05 AM
There will come a time that an altcoin would definitely dethrone Bitcoin.
Activity: 224
February 12, 2018, 08:52:56 AM
I do not think so. I think the main source of bitcoin is all. Of course other coins will rise, but they will not rise as much as bitcoin.
I hope everyone gets the coin they have invested in.
Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
MINTER
February 12, 2018, 08:51:35 AM
So far it seems ethereum can not beat the price of bitcoin, because the price of ethereum and other coin currency also come to skyrocket. Because bitcoin is the parent of cryptocurrency. But one day ethereum can beat bitcoin, but it still takes a long time.
Activity: 680
Merit: 173
Giggity
February 12, 2018, 08:50:51 AM
I think it's possible because Bitcoin also start from the bottom, but Ethereum will take many years to increase it's price or to compete with the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 235
Merit: 1
The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]
February 12, 2018, 08:48:19 AM
why not? any cryyptocurrency can be beat bitcoin. All is possible in the cryptocurrency world. Ethereum is a strong and power system
I don't think ethereum can beat bitcoin.Though ethereum has also a potential in the market but still bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency for me,bitcoin is more profitable than ethereum.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
February 12, 2018, 08:46:23 AM
i think no. cause we all know that bitcoin was so valuable than etherium cause bitcoin was limited. i believe that bitcoin would rise up again and be the most expensive crypto currency in the world worth sixty thousand dollars per pieces. many of us expecting too much in bitcoin so we would like to rise up this crypto currency.
Activity: 132
Merit: 11
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
February 12, 2018, 08:41:23 AM
Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and the most popular coin, but Ethereum has grown quite popular too in just over two years, I think ETH is on the right path in becoming Bitcoin like in terms market foundation and stability. ETH, I believe will grow as much or even more in value than what Bitcoin is today. ETH is more stable.
Activity: 173
February 12, 2018, 08:34:23 AM
Even though many companies are using etherium, they will not ever beat bitcoin because, bitcoin is everywhere and well known online money and total etherium users will not match the total bitcoin users.
copper member
Activity: 280
February 12, 2018, 08:25:12 AM
In today’s market I would lean over to Ethereum and I have some valid reason for it.

Ethereum is not currency but it’s a token , although both bitcoin and Ethereum are based upon the block chain technology in my Point of view ethereum will one day outperform Bitcoin. It may not be in the near future but the concept/technology behind Ethereum will definitely catch upto Bitcoin.
Activity: 21
February 12, 2018, 08:23:47 AM
I’d own Bitcoin and spend Ethereum.

Easy, ethereum is inflationary, bitcoin is the opposite, even when the market would reach a consensus (if ever) abour what these coins would mean for the community, this is how they’re meant.

Ethereum is designed for spending not for owning (holding).
Activity: 25
February 12, 2018, 08:22:38 AM
Both of them are trying to solve different problems and I’d own both. Bitcoin on one hand wants to be the payment solution, while Ethereum is smart contracts. It’s like comparing apples and oranges. Own Both and wait.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
February 12, 2018, 08:20:51 AM
Personally, Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a much safer bet than Ethereum.

Not to mention that I feel Ethereum is now under large threat by NEO. I actually transferred 80% of my ETH holdings into NEO a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I think you should seriously consider getting BTC and NEO, instead of BTC and ETH.
copper member
Activity: 32
February 12, 2018, 08:19:53 AM
If you would have asked me this a year ago, it would be Ethereum, hands down. However, I’ve come to appreciate the incredible advantages that Bitcoin has over all their competitors, like exchange network support, brand awareness and development support for Bitcoin Core.

So today, I would say either is a solid investment choice.
Activity: 41
February 12, 2018, 08:17:54 AM
Yes, it is the right time to buy Ethereum! I would buy Ethereum at the present time for the following three reasons:

(1) In the near term, the downside risk for ETH appears to be quantifiable and limited.

(2) In the near term, ETH appears to be moving upwards.

(3) In the long term, the future for ETH appears to be very bright.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 08:17:06 AM
How can you compare bitcoin and etherium? It's like comparing a toothbrush and toothpaste. Both currencies are needed in order to earn, but the technologies are completely different.
Activity: 142
February 12, 2018, 08:16:35 AM
There's an old Chinese proverb that states, “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”

If you believe in the technology behind Ethereum, then invest. Ethereum won't make you rich anytime soon, but the idea behind smart contracts — a decentralized, autonomous, peer to peer ecosystem — is what attracts most investors.
Activity: 448
Merit: 258
February 12, 2018, 08:16:30 AM
In terms of technology, yes they can but wait if EThereum can beat BTC then surely NEO and LISK will because they add more value to service than just Bitcoin but if we ask in terms of speculation then ETH cannot beat BTC because of audience and elderly coexistence.
Activity: 25
February 12, 2018, 08:14:34 AM
Never. We need to understand that while Bitcoin is a currency, a means of payment, Ethereum is a platform for launching Decentralized applications.

Nature: Consider comparing Bitcoin to Gold and Ethereum to Iron Ore. Gold is a store of value and Iron Ore is the building blocks of so many things we use in daily life.
Supply: Bitcoin is deflationary whereas Ether is inflationary. There will only be 16mil BTC. The current supply of Ether is close 97mil. Using the basic principal of Demand and Supply, a commodity that is scarce will have more value - Bitcoin.
While one is a store of value/currency, the other can be looked at like a stock.

So, no, Ethereum can not overtake Bitcoin in terms of price.
Activity: 43
February 12, 2018, 08:13:45 AM
I think it will, my observation is based on below points.

The transmission charges is 0.003 ETH in comparison to 0.001 to bitcoin.
Bitcoin has taken an hit because of internal politics and countries keen on implementing some tax reforms.
The energy consumption of Etherium is way too less in comparison to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin takes more time to transmit the coins while Etherium is very fast, I have even seen queries where people complain about not getting the transmitted bitcoin even after one week.
Activity: 27
February 12, 2018, 08:12:41 AM
It's difficult to answer this question.bitcoin and ethereum are unique in their functionality.

Bitcoin is not governed by anyone and only open community is responsible to scale thier functionality,due to segwit hard fork Bitcoin also divided in 2 group .core and BTC.Similar thing happened with Ethereum and ethereum classic.

This forks certainly creates an issue amongst the community and investers .

However ETHEREUM has strong leadership of vitalik buterin and thier vision is clear where Ethereum should go whereas Bitcoin is just currency which store and transfer only values no contracts associated.

Definitely Ethereum has lot of scope for growth due to strong leadership whereas Bitcoin may grow potentially but it's future is uncertain as long as someone owns it.
Pages:
Jump to: