Pages:
Author

Topic: Can ethereum be beat Bitcoin - page 23. (Read 2056 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 06:42:07 PM
The only reason that can make Etheruem beat Bitcoin is its volatity and the high fees.
If the miners does not find a quick solution about the fees issues maybe it will depass it in few months.
But talking economics, Ethereum is having a great raise but can not beat Bitcoin unless a catastrophe is happening.
Activity: 73
Merit: 51
January 10, 2018, 06:38:02 PM
They are chasing very different use cases. I'm not sure I'd even view them as direct competitors. I think that would be almost like saying can Berkshire Hathaway beat Microsoft.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
January 10, 2018, 06:34:40 PM
There is a real possibility to see ETH as a most popular coin in the near future. I think Ethereum has more potential for growth.
Of course BTC also in a progress - we can see a lot of hardforks - so BTC is going to fight for it's domination.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
January 10, 2018, 03:57:43 PM
I think all that is happening with ETH now is a result of some misunderstanding. It will go to correction and very soon and people will get very frustrated. IMHO
Activity: 44
January 10, 2018, 03:34:55 PM
Don't think Ethereum will reach BTC's market cap. Actually I don't see any coin reaching close to BTC.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
January 10, 2018, 02:56:15 PM
there is a possibility,  if bitcoin blockchain traffic and delays continues.. anyways the energy consumption of etherium is way too less in comparison to Bitcoin.bitcoin takes more time to transmit the coins while Etherium is very fast.

if you compare the ethereum network fees with bitcoin network fees you will understand everything.
From last 1 month gas minimum price increased by 10x times now minimum spend is 32 Giwe which is around 10$ per Transfer.
its still cheap as compare to bitcoin network

Security of ether network is poor many people complaining that their money gone from wallet.

plus points
Ether is ERC20 based wallet most of altcoins depends on this exchange
people will buy more ether in future rather than Bitcoin because ether supports new tokens
I dont think ethereum can beat bitcoin because bitcoin has the highest volume and it is the most popular i think so thats the reason why. But we cant predict. Because what if the price of ethereum really pumps up and reached also $20k. We cant predict.
Activity: 59
January 10, 2018, 02:53:09 PM
Bitcoin need to improve, because of its high transfer fee and time.
Right now, I already switch some bitcoin into ehtereum.
Activity: 37
January 10, 2018, 02:47:04 PM
Ethereum is mooning incredibly with stability, But bitcoin still a volatile coin. Lots of crypto expert telling that 2018 Will be for Ethereum. So, what do you think, Can Ethereum beat Bitcoin?

Sorry For bad English. I am trying to improve it.

Thank You, everyone.
I think not.
The bitcoin is the base of all the crypto world.
I dont think that the people will let the bitcoin fall from the top.
Activity: 239
CAT.EX Exchange
January 10, 2018, 02:21:02 PM

I still doubt it. the value of bitcoin is currently still the top and fairly expensive compared to eth or other altcoin. but suppose, if eth can balance bitcoin, this is a remarkable achievement.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
January 10, 2018, 02:19:47 PM
It is not possible in today's calculation between bitcoin and ethereum , bitcoin has the highest value in crypto currencies market so it very tough to beat with other crypto currencies .
Activity: 53
January 10, 2018, 02:16:02 PM
the fact is ethereum is more stable then BTC , but its increasing very slowly you have to wait enough to see reach it to the level of BTC.  Btc raised so fast it took only some months to reach this high, but ethereum is taking time , i think it will take atleast 1 year to reach this point, and we are not so sure will it be popular as btc or not
Activity: 1092
Merit: 227
January 10, 2018, 01:57:37 PM
there is a possibility,  if bitcoin blockchain traffic and delays continues.. anyways the energy consumption of etherium is way too less in comparison to Bitcoin.bitcoin takes more time to transmit the coins while Etherium is very fast.

We cant predict future of ethereum when it is getting compared with bitcoin. But its fact that transaction charges of bitcoin it higher than etherium. Also it takes more time to transmit. For transaction Ethereum is a best way. And if due to this reason people invest more in etherium then off course bitcoin has a great competitor in there way. Even i am also facing the problems while bitcoin payment like its transaction and all other stuff. I have already paid large fee for my few transaction. so i have faced loss in my money. I hope bitcoin will solve this problem soon so that it will be easy for bitcoin users. also it will secure future of bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
January 10, 2018, 01:49:24 PM
Etherum is mean for smart contracts and daps but whereas bitcoin is only proven fastest and transparent transactions on internet so bitcoin is king and face value for blockchain branding
Activity: 1582
Merit: 132
BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform
January 10, 2018, 01:46:16 PM
Ethereum is mooning incredibly with stability, But bitcoin still a volatile coin. Lots of crypto expert telling that 2018 Will be for Ethereum. So, what do you think, Can Ethereum beat Bitcoin?

Thank You, everyone.

I think it's still too fast to assume, in fact the bitcoin value is still far above the eth value. this is the reference of my thought. but nevertheless we will never know what will happen next. yes let's see what will happen
Activity: 56
January 10, 2018, 01:43:37 PM
Don`t think so, it can be close, but not higher than BTC)

Bitcoin will be the number one coin, ETH will be the first behind. Bitcoin price is very high compared with ETH price and I believe that this year ETH will come closer to bitcoin, but that will be all, closer ETH can't beat bitcoins.
ETH is currently cheap, even if price is making new ATH at 1410 dollars for one ETH, so many alts are tied for ETH and people use alts and erc20 tokens to gamble, invest further and to make all that to work you need ETH, demand is going up. There are big differences between ETH and btc, and I believe that ETH will always be close behind bitcoins, only in case of some miracle ETH can take first position from bitcoin.
Yes, that exactly what I mean, it can raise the price, but not so high as bitcoin Smiley  Roll Eyes Smiley
Activity: 38
January 10, 2018, 01:38:12 PM
Bitcoin has the name & kudos of being the first coin hence its market share - however this has never been lower than it is now...
The flippening could indeed happen ! but who says its going to be Ethereum !!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
January 10, 2018, 01:30:56 PM

Bitcoin will be the number one coin, ETH will be the first behind. Bitcoin price is very high compared with ETH price and I believe that this year ETH will come closer to bitcoin, but that will be all, closer ETH can't beat bitcoins.
ETH is currently cheap, even if price is making new ATH at 1410 dollars for one ETH, so many alts are tied for ETH and people use alts and erc20 tokens to gamble, invest further and to make all that to work you need ETH, demand is going up. There are big differences between ETH and btc, and I believe that ETH will always be close behind bitcoins, only in case of some miracle ETH can take first position from bitcoin.
Activity: 353
January 10, 2018, 01:20:21 PM

Thank You, everyone.

Any other coin even Ripple is still far away from bitcoin's throne. Bitcoin has gone so far that many other coin can't even beat it. A lot of people trust bitcoin because it's the first crypto to be widely used by bitcoin. It's like the main crypto currency in the crypto world.
Activity: 56
January 10, 2018, 01:18:35 PM
Activity: 448
Merit: 17
January 10, 2018, 01:15:39 PM
nothing beats Bitcoin, because all trading pairs with bitcoin ... and almost Bitcoin dominate the crypto market, so BTC is called the parent of the crypto
Pages:
Jump to: