Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet? - page 2. (Read 3214 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 1
Most of the coin disappears in this way; therefore, choosing an e-wallet is a matter of seriousness.  Some create a wallet on their own electronic media
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
Certainly. It all depends on who has access to your funds on the wallet and how safe it is to use it. Therefore, we must very carefully approach the choice of purse and method of its protection.
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
However, I still wonder whether I can trust that new wallet.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

Please help me if you have experience in this field. Thank you.
This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130
I do not think there is anything wrong with the present wallet you are using. So if nothing is wrong with it, continue using it. Going for something new, that you have not seen anyone you know one on one used successfully, might be dangerous, because you never can tell what can happen.
So use what you have, except you have fully confirmed the genuineness of that.
Activity: 406
There is a high probability that you can lose your money in choosing a wrong wallet. You should choose a tested wallet. But there is also a chance for you to lose your money whatever wallet you use. You should always think before you click any link to protect your wallet.
Activity: 280
better Days Ahead...
Yes of course you can lose your coin if you choose a wrong wallet, remember your wallet is access to your coins and choosing a wrong wallet could endanger your coins, always use a trusted wallet
Activity: 402
Merit: 4
You have to be very careful when selecting a wallet to keep your funds. I will advise you select only well known wallet that have proven their credibility over the years. They are a lot of phishing wallet out there. I feel bad when I hear stories of funds being lost to scammers.
Activity: 700
Merit: 102
all that could happen. if we are not careful in choosing a wallet, and looking after our wallet. because the wallet plays an important role in storing the coins that we have. then we must be careful.
Activity: 350
💲
Hi everyone, I found a service announcement of new wallet platform few days ago in our forum.
Their introduction and vision stated in the post seems to be great and it also attracts me a lot.
Can I lose my coins by choosing wrong wallet or they can never stole any coin because they just provide wallet service only?

This is the link to the wallet that I mentioned: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41338130

i DO NOT trust new wallets that just came out. you need to wait a little bit for them to be avialable, before trusting them. their source code should be on github in order for everyone to check it and see if there is anything fraudolent in their software. you  never know, they could just be  setting up a big trap to steal all of your beloved cryptocurrencies and tokens. wait and do your research, and trust no one ! no one i say!
Activity: 196

I do not advise you to use wallets that are little-known they are very vulnerable , take better more popular which has long been used by people !
Activity: 616
Merit: 13

i still prefer wallets that even creators can't access your funds because you keep your own private key. And wallets that are already there.
Activity: 164
You won't do this if you will carefull with your acces to your wallet. Just lead the main rule - never tell people about your investments
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
If you look at the question you ask then you have your answer, if you use wrong wallet then your money is lost, simple as ABC. That is why we need to be very carefulwhen moving our tokens from one place to another. Alot of people have lost their coins in the name of making this mistake
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
I still can not understand where such questions come from. All have already been convinced many times that hardware wallets are the most reliable solution for the safety of your assets. This is a cheap and completely reliable tool. At the moment, the choice of such devices is quite large and they are all reliable.
copper member
Activity: 364
You have to be sure of the wallet provider and their said services. It's better you continue using the wallet you trust and has been of security for your assets. Many phishing sites and scammers are on the loose.
Activity: 686
yeah surely if its a scam wallet created by scammers. you can find lot of scam wallets. so they will allow you to send your tokens to their wallet then you will be get scammed. always remember to download the official wallet from official website of the project. then you will be safe
Activity: 658
Merit: 270
Of course you can.

If you give ethereum addres for a different blockchain token or if you give an exchange wallet for a wrong token, you can lose all.
Activity: 744
Merit: 266

You need to be very cautious in that part. Of course a scam wallet service will rob you off your coins. So, thoroughly research before trusting any wallet service. I would suggest you to stay with the most famous ones and try new only if they actually provide something worthwhile.
Activity: 490
it is very important to choose a reliable, desirable cold wallet for cryptocurrencies, at the beginning of my activity in crypto i neglected the choice of wallets and thereby loss of my funds.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Infleum
Yep, when you send tokens to the wrong address, they burn, unfortunately. But my friend had a case when the technical support of the Binance exchange returned him Fusion, but for a fee.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Yes. There was already one situation, as a man sent 3 Bitcoins to a completely different account. What happened? The money is gone and never returned.
Pages:
Jump to: