Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 10. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
August 21, 2018, 12:50:15 PM
of course, maybe and most likely,even those tokens coterie you get for idrop and bounty,you are wasting your time for what you get for the money,not the gift of ESET since ancient times came to us saying that free cheese only in a mousetrap
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
August 21, 2018, 12:49:58 PM
free things sometimes can be scam , because you install something or visit some website and they can steal your cookies,data and you lose your cryptocurrencies and emails, so be careful even on free things.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 144
Penguin Party 🐟
August 21, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
Well most ICO bounties are involving transations, research or etc, thus you having to work for it, if you go and work 8 hours a day for something the ends up worthless, you would feel the same way. Now if you just send an address and they send free coins then you cannot complaign, it is free and it just went absolutly nowhere.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
August 17, 2018, 07:45:29 PM
Hi everybody,
how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam.

Basically, because if you do certain task that takes some effort and time and you get nothing, it consider a scam, remember that in job you do something and you get money, if your boss doesn't give money, he scams you.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
August 17, 2018, 07:40:35 PM
Indeed, something free can be considered as a trick. By definition, trick is alluded to as a deceptive plan, along these lines, if a venture claims something and did not occur, (e.g. giving free airdrop coins which is proportionate to a predefined sum and winds up not genuine) is viewed as a trick on account of its untrustworthy cases. Not on the grounds that you didn't give or lose any cash doesn't mean it's anything but a trick, you lose more than what you might suspect in the event of flling up individual data/subtle elements.
Activity: 77
August 11, 2018, 02:20:34 PM
Generally great things are never free. On the off chance that something is free it is undoubtedly a trick. Airdrops on alternate hands can be tricks by their own particular right. They are likewise a path for the task proprietors to get many individuals inspired by their coin on the grounds that on the off chance that you are holding a portion of their tokens then you are consequently intrigued by the venture which could wind up persuading you to put resources into their coin.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
August 10, 2018, 08:51:59 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Everything may turned out to be a scam, and not always something that costs nothing. You may buy a lottery ticket, pay for it a small amount and find out that there is no winners at all there, they were just collecting money, or you may buy something luxiry - a ring, a house, and find out that its price were too high for it. Scam is when you have done your job and you were not paid for it. And so on. Just try to be attentive and try to notice the first bells that you may be deceived.
Activity: 243
Merit: 1
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
August 10, 2018, 08:42:44 AM
Lots of free airdrops now can possibly be a scam.. On my previous airdrops, those free coins became scam when they listed on an exchange, got the attention of investors, prices go up, right there and then they will plan on exit scam, where they dump most of the coins/tokens at higher prices. And those holding the coins will be left behind..
Activity: 229
August 10, 2018, 08:35:57 AM
something free can also be a scam..even the real ico can be scam...Scammers are everywhere..so Nothing's free now.. they announce for free because it has a purpose..
you have to be careful...
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
August 09, 2018, 01:31:51 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

The fact that a promise was made to the participants and the promise wasn't kept, then I can say it's a scam. Most of the Airdrop requires one to follow their social media channels and this requires data and data is not free. The time spent on the internet is not free. So if they don't have anything to offer, let it be stipulated, some persons may still be willing to carry out the task without payment.
Activity: 602
August 09, 2018, 01:16:34 PM
Can easily,as well as not free, can through the sales funnel to sell you at least different things that you in fact you will then realize that you do not need to understand what you want, then you will have less scams to come across, only understanding and studying the topic gives growth and success
Activity: 167
August 09, 2018, 01:12:21 PM
They can get access to your email if you provide them your email. They won't know your password but it's safer to avoid it or make a new email account for airdrops only. If you send your passport, it's risky...
Before sharing any personal information you should check out the airdrop and the project. All forms of free projects can be scam potentially.
Activity: 392
August 09, 2018, 06:54:18 AM
Hi everybody,
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
No, it's not a scam, because usually airdrops still give some small reward to participants. But if they required KYC, you should stay away in my opinion.
Activity: 434
August 06, 2018, 02:03:23 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Scam is when you invest something and are promised something they won't deliver. With airdrops, you just pump up your own expectations and without investing anything you expect to get free stuff and you don't get it. It's not a scam. You haven't lost your money. It's just a disappointment.
Activity: 85
August 03, 2018, 08:10:53 PM
They can get access to your email if you provide them your email. They won't know your password but it's safer to avoid it or make a new email account for airdrops only. If you send your passport, it's risky...
Activity: 89
August 03, 2018, 08:04:01 PM
Just be careful. And think about how the data you provide about yourself could be linked to other data about yourself.
Activity: 132
August 03, 2018, 07:59:38 PM
Carefully check the projects,to get unsuccessful,and not spend your time for nothing .
Activity: 56
August 03, 2018, 07:00:23 PM
The life God gave you is free. So I ask is your life a scam well not everything in life is a scam
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
August 03, 2018, 06:38:43 PM
IMHO almost every air drop is a scam. I have collected so many of these shit coins that I'm tired looking at their super cheap prices. What is the fun of collecting so many of these when you can't even sell them for more than a dollar.
Mostly things that are free turn out to be scam, and things that are too ambitious are most often scams.

They tricked participants by pricing their tokens absurdly for each airdrop of $ 10 to $ 50, many of which only looked at the dollar value without knowing that the token was worthless.
Activity: 263
Merit: 102
August 03, 2018, 10:55:16 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,

There's no doubt in this. That "free" thing is a scam. Nothing's free in this time and society. It is free because it has a purpose or secret agenda behind that. Whether it is good or bad, trust me, it will be bad for you. Getting something for free is a scam.
Pages:
Jump to: