Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 9. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
September 05, 2018, 10:03:15 AM
Normally, wind dents and bonuses will require your ethereum address and email address, and if they request your private key do not allow them to take it, stay away from these types of people and you should be cautious. Do not take anything whenever shit people will try to get your investment out of your wallet.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 502
September 03, 2018, 02:13:49 PM
I wouldn't say it's a scam because it isn't trying to steal your money. However, free things often requires something from you, whether you realize it or not, it could be your time, it could be your personal details or it could be information you possess. Be vigilent with all of these things when getting anything for "free"
Activity: 1008
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 03, 2018, 01:56:37 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
people say that an airdrop is a scam because they dont actually give what they promise to the airdrop participants, it is considered as scam since bounty participants are spending their time and expecting a payment from them.
Activity: 213
Merit: 3
September 03, 2018, 01:47:47 PM
lol @ the person that said most projects aren't scams.. I'd say most are scams, they offer no realistic end goals and they're all mostly fantasy wish scenarios with no business possibilities behind them. And yes, if the coin is free it's still probably a scam because the Dev is just creating a market to dump his coins while the hype is still large. It will continue to gradually go down until the price is near worthless, then they will claim the coin isn't gaining any traction and just drop the project all together. Just about every ico and token coin is a scam..
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
September 03, 2018, 01:42:09 PM
Scams are inevitable we have to protect ourselves by taking precautions
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
September 03, 2018, 01:41:01 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

if you are not losing your money then you can not call it a scam. you are just just trying to get something for free and if you don't get it , you can not call it a scam.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
September 03, 2018, 01:37:20 PM
not always like this Smiley
can be free ico but with a good idea that does not require money, as it can be all the way around
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
September 03, 2018, 01:32:51 PM
Even it is a free thing, a person may waste his time on there. So, after all, a person doesn't get anything then we can call it a scam. Because the people are working to earn some money.
in any case, even a simple scam requires some effort and knowledge. In fact, this is a job and it is assessed by some fraudulent code. but nevertheless it looks different when at the expense of many others the profit is received by one or several people ..
Activity: 350
Merit: 2
September 03, 2018, 01:30:00 PM
Even it is a free thing, a person may waste his time on there. So, after all, a person doesn't get anything then we can call it a scam. Because the people are working to earn some money.
Activity: 184
September 03, 2018, 01:06:23 PM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Not really. If airdrop campaigns are promoted and managed by professional and reputable bounty management teams. Maybe it's a bargain similar to the basic rules to get. I think it is still the basis for you to try and experience.Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
September 03, 2018, 01:02:15 PM
Many fraudsters in this way entice private keys from the wallets of newcomers. Some make multi-level airdrops and at some level try to entice you money. I do not like airdrops, I'm tired of them in last fall. Waste of time...
Activity: 77
September 03, 2018, 11:24:54 AM
But the tokens get almost no value because those ICOs are not potential. Airdrop is only valid when it applies to bounty participants, and they are rewarded more with airdrop. The KYC of airdrop is stupid and not necessary.!!!!!
Activity: 112
September 03, 2018, 07:55:08 AM
Yes, contrary to what a lot of persons might think, something free can also be scam. I have seen a lot of persons say that "how can you say you were scammed for something that was free", but they are forgetting that even though it might be free, you  spent a lot of time on it, and data also, carrying out tasks, only to later find out that it was a waste of time.
Activity: 146
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/5JpAp21.jpg
August 28, 2018, 10:36:08 AM
indeed free can be a scam and a fraud, but it all must be our own who can find out which is a scam, if we want to continue and understand after opening or entering then it will understand which scam is right, it all depends on ourselves who knows .
Activity: 26
August 28, 2018, 10:23:38 AM

Yes, most special tokens are huge amounts of free.It will turn into scams if the developers will abandon the cards. Some dev will take advantage of they will sell the token when the price will rise then pour the value.
Activity: 159
August 26, 2018, 03:31:06 PM
There are many projects that aren't scams (I would even say most aren't, it's just that most of the time the rewards are worth nothing). In most cases the amount is indicated from the beginning, it is just necessary to inquire before.

Concerning the airdrop, it's not free: in general it is necessary to do a minimum of action (tweet, facebook..), which makes advertising to the project (distributing crypto to many people makes advertising too)

On the other hand for AD who just ask for an email and an MEW address, I think the majority are scams

copper member
Activity: 476
August 26, 2018, 03:12:26 PM
It can be free from scams but there are very few. Even people don't believe in these. You can study the project and can check whether the project is scam or not.
Activity: 566
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
August 25, 2018, 02:37:01 AM
Yes it can.

One example: they made an airdrop and release very little of the tokens. Then some orders on etherdelta and they dumped and leave.

This is a basic scam.

But if you get it free you can't be scammed.
Activity: 837
August 25, 2018, 02:29:50 AM
I think the reason poeple use the word "scam" is when they fill forms and join groups only for one day for the group to be changed to another airdrop group. I think when someone takes your innocence for granted that might be termed scam or scamming.
Activity: 224
August 25, 2018, 02:19:47 AM
Yes, it can be a scam for free because when you join any airdrop you don't spend money to join it but you give them your personal informations like as email, eth address or other data. In case, if they are fraud than maybe you get into trouble because you already gave them some personal informations. So, when you join any ICO, bounty, airdrop or anything you should research on their projects before join it.
Pages:
Jump to: