Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 7. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 12:50:37 PM
Not all airdrops or ICOs are scam, but almost of them are scam if you have no experience.
I just follow some legit airdrops website, and when I completed an airdrop, I will follow that airdrop chanel, to never missed any news for KYC, comfirm email etc..
Activity: 391
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 12:47:15 PM
Usually it is. It's like "Who would give money for free?" But I'm not stereotyping here, what I mean is that ICOs or sites offering free stakes still may ask something from you like personal information or would require you to do something first etc. Nothing is actually free nowadays.
Activity: 266
Merit: 26
September 13, 2018, 12:38:54 PM
it is very simple they often make you register at their site and here you go , they get your email your password and reference to your bitcointalk account this way they get you account info and they can hack your acc.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
September 13, 2018, 12:31:32 PM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
Even if you take part in airdrops you spend the most valuable asset - your time - that could have been spent in a better way.
I personally don't care about my personal data, but I'm really pissed off when a project refuses to pay my honestly earned tokens - it's just a matter of attitude of the team to the project's community.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
September 13, 2018, 12:14:59 PM
For me there is now doubt that most of the free Airdrops are a scam. A lot of them are just collecting data that no one knows whom will they sell it after.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
September 13, 2018, 12:10:10 PM
Yes, I also think that many projects collect our personal data for further use! But some companies explain that they collect data to comply with legislation. Many people simply do not take part in the bounty companies and airdrop that require the passage of KYC.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
September 13, 2018, 12:01:39 PM
bigger free projects scams and paid projects are very risky, I hope to all do not be tempted by the rewards of registering with your data (KYC) you do get some bitcoin or other alt but your data is more expensive than a 0.01 btc!
Activity: 112
September 13, 2018, 11:37:03 AM
if you are speaking about airdrop, no it is not scam but shittycoin it can be, then in airdropthe scam i can see is when for airdrop you need to install some software wallet on your computer it can be scam
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
bvo.trybravo.com
September 13, 2018, 11:35:52 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
Scam also means that you are not paid the reward you were promised, expecially when you have to do certain actions to get those free tokens (for example, register with the project's Telegram group or make a couple of retweets promoting their ICO).
It's very annoying, you know, when even those several pennies are not paid - this reflects the attitude of the project team to the community.
Activity: 168
September 13, 2018, 11:34:00 AM
I personally do not believe in gifts of life. I believe that until you earn money. Or you will not achieve something. Just so nothing will fall from the sky. But I think so. I'm a more down-to-earth person.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
September 13, 2018, 11:32:22 AM
The best way to away from this scam airdrops, ICO's or any project. do a profound research about the project you are to join in. and don't easily fall from what you see in the internet.
even though we have done in-depth research on the project but people can still be deceived. we know that there are also projects that we think are promising but eventually there are frauds and I have also experienced them.
Activity: 56
September 13, 2018, 11:26:48 AM
I never trust this kind of thing. I always believe that free cheese is only in a mousetrap.
Activity: 84
September 13, 2018, 11:25:56 AM
Yes, most of the free airdrops/ICOs that give free coins without doing anything are scams. Only few of these have been proven legit and others are just there to lure you in their schemes and steal away your coins and personal details.
Activity: 490
September 13, 2018, 11:25:02 AM
Of course, it is difficult to call this scam because scam projects are usually called projects, which after the receipt of money simply disappear and there are no traces that could then be shown to people and that there were some kind of investigations.
Activity: 294
September 13, 2018, 11:20:47 AM
Nope just like the airdrops, they are free tokens from every ico. It may be a little amount but still its free. It will be a scam if the ico wont pay us or they ran away with the investments.
Activity: 896
September 13, 2018, 11:16:29 AM
The best way to away from this scam airdrops, ICO's or any project. do a profound research about the project you are to join in. and don't easily fall from what you see in the internet.
in-depth research will certainly be done by everyone before they join a project. sometimes a scam problem or not we can't know it. I also took part in the final bounty from the campaign to buy participants but until now I have never registered in the trade market. So to make a study regarding a scam project or not is very difficult.
Activity: 130
Merit: 36
KUROINEKO.GD
September 13, 2018, 11:11:08 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
There is something free, but there is only a little that can be trusted, careful of all that is free, because after all, no one who just gives their funds, must have a certain mission. we should be educated people should be able to be smart to choose what we deserve to follow
Activity: 111
September 13, 2018, 10:55:39 AM
Activity: 822
September 13, 2018, 08:48:47 AM
Extracting your personal information could also be regarded as scam. Guys who plan these things have their own hidden agenda i.e stealing people personal information, with that information someone might be a victim of pishing scam
Activity: 231
September 13, 2018, 05:27:06 AM
I do not think so. This is not a fraud. Because bitcoin is not such a coin. This is a coin available to everyone. This coin will make a lot of money for everyone. People also have bitcoin because it's a good coin. This is free. People can invest here without fear. If this is a scam, the investors will still reject bitcoin. But it's not like that.
Pages:
Jump to: