Pages:
Author

Topic: Can something free be a scam? - page 2. (Read 4097 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
October 04, 2018, 10:57:28 AM
Not quite so, some of the air-free projects are very attractive and quite successful! It is important that the developer is passionate about their product! grow or scam!

Only have to research and find out more deeply and in detail to see the development of the project and its truth. All have great potential if you look for it.
They do have potential. The campaigns that offer an airdrop is letting people try their product technically for free.
Activity: 413
● KEEP CALM & HODL ●
October 04, 2018, 10:53:46 AM
Not quite so, some of the air-free projects are very attractive and quite successful! It is important that the developer is passionate about their product! grow or scam!

Only have to research and find out more deeply and in detail to see the development of the project and its truth. All have great potential if you look for it.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
October 04, 2018, 10:47:58 AM
Well, majority of freebies are just have a close border to scam, it's clear from the start that those freebies are already aiming different goal other than a direct profit.
It can be either your data or anything else more important than the money itself, if it's project, I will call it making ecosystem.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
October 04, 2018, 10:45:07 AM
Activity: 210
October 04, 2018, 10:40:27 AM
Of course not if you look at it from different view. But scam could be the project, where you expect some reward and you look daily on their websites and on your ETH address and you waste your time by looking there. It's annoying too.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
October 04, 2018, 10:38:43 AM
Most times in my experience I have come to see that when something is free then ninety nine percent out of hundred it turns out to be a scam. Which is why you have to be very careful when you see people giving out free coins. There is always an hidden agenda and most of the sites are connected to phishing sites which trick you to reveal your private keys to them

Indeed, most of the times, the word free has been used to lure in people to seal a deal and make them think they gained more from it than the other party.

Though scam is a very strong word, a scam-like hidden agenda is surely to take place most of the time.

There are very rare cases really when something is freely given but among the best free gifts once can receive are those that came without any condition. But never throw caution in the aire when someone approaches you for a free gift, be on guard always.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
October 04, 2018, 07:38:34 AM
Most times in my experience I have come to see that when something is free then ninety nine percent out of hundred it turns out to be a scam. Which is why you have to be very careful when you see people giving out free coins. There is always an hidden agenda and most of the sites are connected to phishing sites which trick you to reveal your private keys to them
Activity: 210
October 02, 2018, 07:48:09 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

Of course anything free can be a Scam. But if we talk about the ICO sphere, it is not a fraud. Now you are paid for the fact that you are promoting the project, and this is close to salary and work. So that all on your opinion. Believe it or not
Activity: 320
September 30, 2018, 02:43:26 AM
I trust ICO projects as they pay me to do something for them. Cheating are projects that promise too much for easy work. That's not worth pursuing. And if the payment is normal, it is an excellent method for earning large funds. This is my experience
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
September 23, 2018, 11:40:26 AM
If you give your data to someone it is not for free
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
September 23, 2018, 11:37:33 AM
absolutely, there's no such thing as ''free'' nowadays you you don;t usually get free things, its either you work for it or pay for it. but in airdrop its not really a scam, in airdrops a scam is like joining in one and waiting for months then get nothing.
yes you are right, not all that is free is safe and certainly fraud can happen from anywhere without our knowledge. so we must always be vigilant and careful if there is a free or whatever .
Activity: 1610
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
September 23, 2018, 11:36:58 AM
it is not necessary to believe such a blind belief and they offer a lot of good without spending your money, but there is a way to pick them up

all of the things that you think are good are not necessarily good in their entirety, surely they lack. because every thing is definitely a problem. whether it's a small or big problem. yes the problem is the problem, and we have to do it all
Activity: 224
Merit: 29
September 23, 2018, 11:32:12 AM
Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
Yes, i think you can be scammed by giving some of your email and eth address, remember that you are on the internet, everything is possible to hackers and they can attack you anytime and anywhere so do not give out your eth address easily.
Activity: 420
Merit: 111
September 23, 2018, 11:28:43 AM
As a person living in Russia, I can say with confidence that fraud can lie in wait for you in any corner. Perhaps it is better developed in my country than in other countries. But in fact, we have scammers everywhere. Even in the usual grocery stores. I'm not talking about ICO and cryptocurrency
Activity: 192
Merit: 24
September 23, 2018, 11:26:52 AM
Hi everybody,
Cheers,
Well, as long as you know what you are doing you might avoid scam issues. Just do not give your personal info and have a proper insight about the coin that you are going to invest to.
Activity: 308
September 23, 2018, 11:23:11 AM
absolutely, there's no such thing as ''free'' nowadays you you don;t usually get free things, its either you work for it or pay for it. but in airdrop its not really a scam, in airdrops a scam is like joining in one and waiting for months then get nothing.
Activity: 448
September 23, 2018, 10:28:07 AM
it is not necessary to believe such a blind belief and they offer a lot of good without spending your money, but there is a way to pick them up
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1
September 23, 2018, 05:37:14 AM
I would like to ask the question otherwise - can something free not be a scam? This question seems to me the most important.

No, nothing free can be a scam. But if you spend your own time, or even give something, and do not get anything in return - of course, this is a scam. Human civilization has been built on these principles for thousands of years.
Activity: 362
Merit: 100
September 23, 2018, 04:45:24 AM
They may be a scam. Air drops offer free coins or tokens, but before they give you, you need to do something like sign up for their website. If you have fulfilled all their requirements and still haven't received a free coin or just received shitcoins, it's called a scam. They also attract many subscribers. Therefore, we hope to show that they are very popular and attract investors from scratch.
Activity: 434
Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data
September 23, 2018, 04:39:24 AM
Yes there's a lot of free that are scam just like borrowing something that you don't know if it can get back to you but how come can a free be a scam if you earn from it before like in participating any bounties and airdrop campaigns. And I think you can be scam when they give to you a address of their wallet for a payment that they need to you for doing things  for nothing.
Pages:
Jump to: