Pages:
Author

Topic: Celebrity Endorsed Cryptocurrency - page 11. (Read 4432 times)

Activity: 926
Merit: 256
October 04, 2017, 02:31:00 AM
Already found some projects that way to promote with celebrities. I think it's a great way to make the project a success. Although the funds in the output should be more but if the project was successful then there is nothing wrong. But back again to the investors themselves if the project is interesting but not using the endorse in my opinion is enough
Activity: 853
Merit: 144
October 04, 2017, 01:39:00 AM
Not a fan at all. I tend to avoid alts that have endorsers.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
October 03, 2017, 11:53:35 PM
There's no additional credibility offered by a celebrity. But marketing is marketing i guess.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
October 03, 2017, 10:35:48 PM
Paris Hilton? Lol. I think you need to add UnikoinGold to that list because that's backed by Mark Cuban and Ashton Kutcher. And knowing both of those guys, it's going to go great. Also, I read that the co-founder of Ethereum Anthony Di Lorio is an advisor/investor. It's an ERC20 token for their esports betting platform called Unikrn. Really cool concept and a growing market.

This is probably the most promising one on that list other than Floyd's.

You always have to look at their investment portfolio. Ashton alone is killin it with Uber
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Hello. Bye.
October 03, 2017, 07:31:45 PM
If Wesley snipes invested all his money into bitcoin he wouldn't of been in jail for tax invasion and his money would of doubled by now. Geez  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 106
October 03, 2017, 02:31:33 PM
The question everyone has to ask is, does getting the name of token or product out to people who know nothing about crypto help the token?
For the most part a celebrity does not help the crypto community itself but brings awareness to people that know nothing about crypto.

So now we look at the token itself, lets look at Cobinhood, a exchange that charges 0 fees.  Someone who knows nothing about crypto who sees Jamie Foxx, and then looks at cobinhood will still not invest in cobinhood because there is a steep learning curve first to get into crypto itself.  Jamie Foxx will do nothing for the crypto because cobinhood is not something for the mainstream audience.

Now lets look at Centra, a debit card that can be loaded with crypto and used at any brick and mortar store.  Essentially its like a loadable gift card, similar to how a Visa gift card is used.  So when teenagers see Floyd or DJ Khaled using the debit card they may want one.  The teenager that knows nothing about crypto may actually want one.  Of course this doesn't help them get a card and I'm sure if they don't know about crypto its very very unlikely the celebrity will push them into crypto itself, But if they have a friend or family already in crypto the celebrity will increase the chances that the teenager will go to that person and ask for one.  Also who wouldn't want a crypto gift card that has a potential to increase its value.

So how I see it is celebrities will help any token that has a appeal to mass market audience.  For example Etherparty / Blockcat would be a great token to have celebrity endorse (both do not currently use celebrities)  Enabling the non-crypto people to be able to use smart contracts on a daily basis is something great for the mass market audience and seeing a celebrity setting up escrow, setting up bets and wages between family members, use smart contract to buy a used car, etc.  I think would go along way to get it adopted.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 03, 2017, 02:11:36 PM
There is nothing worse than a celebrity endorsing a coin, this is only unkustofied hype that will be used to dump overpriced coins on people attracted by the celebrities' prestige.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 03, 2017, 01:18:01 PM
Quote from: willmunte link=topic=2200607.msg22519288#msg225ll88 date=1507049022
Actually, I only know that every Floyd Mayweather is someone who has made an investment in an ICO.
Left I do not know
But if you include celebrities in the financial circles talking about BitCoin, that's pretty much it
I don't think he invested why? because too many Great ICO better than he promoted why such those ICO if there are much better projects to promoto or to endorse. so maybe he is paid to promote.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
October 03, 2017, 12:58:03 PM
I think its really good to see celebrities endorsed cryptos because they are very influential and we know that they have a huge amount of followers. I simply tweet will put notice those coins that they are supporting. Celebrities like Paris Hilton and Floyd will probably bring enough hype to that coins resulting in investors buying it and the project successful raising the funds needed to continue it.
Activity: 87
October 03, 2017, 12:43:42 PM
Actually, I only know that every Floyd Mayweather is someone who has made an investment in an ICO.
Left I do not know
But if you include celebrities in the financial circles talking about BitCoin, that's pretty much it
Activity: 160
October 03, 2017, 12:42:09 PM
It's good for the celebs as they are running to the bank with fiat currency, but i would never invest into a ICO on the sole fact that a celeb has said "they like a coin"
Activity: 18
October 03, 2017, 12:20:26 PM
Seems like just another marketing scheme, no more. Will surely attract some attention from the general public. Yet, if the celebrity is not directly connected to crypto or smth, I believe that a really low percent of fans will be really into this.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 03, 2017, 12:06:36 PM
meh, that means nothing, probably the coin will get some influx of cash, and than what?
Activity: 702
October 03, 2017, 11:50:46 AM
Stox: Floyd Mayweather, Luis Suarez, Liang Tian
Centra: Floyd Mayweather, DJ Khaled
Cobin Hood: Jamie Foxx.
The Game (Rapper): Paragon
Max Keiser: Maxcoin
Paris Hilton: Lydian Coin

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??

Of course. idol is a role model. if their idols feel they do something interesting and useful, why do not they imitate them when they can do it. well maybe that's it.

These (to me) all seem like people whose target audience doesn't care about crypto at all. I guess there must be a few among them.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
October 03, 2017, 11:47:02 AM

Whats your take on celebrity endorsements with the crypto world? Do you think it actually helps? Question is how many fans actually know and care about crypto to actually invest??

Of course. idol is a role model. if their idols feel they do something interesting and useful, why do not they imitate them when they can do it. well maybe that's it.
Activity: 146
October 03, 2017, 11:40:10 AM

Endorsing altcoins by celebrity is a big help to promote the upcoming altcoins. It will help the ICO to be successful. That was the role of celebrity to influence other people to invest in the ICO. People idolized celebrities for being good advocate, role model, good leader and etc. I believe in celebrities to continue and endorse crypto  to become more famous then people would invest in the ICO.
October 03, 2017, 11:00:07 AM
Celebrity endorsement will always be a smart move for ICO campaign. Those celeb already have huge follower and public goodwill. Their faces on your project will only draw people to it. And is also good for entire cryptocurrency space it bring more people to  blockchain
Activity: 56
October 03, 2017, 10:55:04 AM
This might work for people who have not yet know about crypto currency. It is like going conventional but for better. I guess it's not a bad idea at all. Something to consider, to make it believable try to have tech celebrities. Why them? People that are famous with some knowledge in tech will easily be trusted by common people. They then can influence their loyal followers about this crypto. Then their follower will likely influenced their peers. Social media celebrities can also be someone we can consider. Again, choose the one with tech background so people will likely believe with their content. Then afterwards, slowly move to different industry. Do it sowly but steady.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 03, 2017, 10:15:52 AM
I think it's a double sided coin (get it? hahahahhahaa)

I think the positives are that cryptocurrencies are getting out to a wider audience, and therefore the concept of them will become stronger.

On the other hand, it is very clear that these celebrities are only connecting themselves with these specific cryptocurrencies because of the cash they are recieving and nothing else. I doubt that many of them can spell cryptocurrency or name 5 cryptocurrencies never mind understanding the concept of blockchain technology.

So on that front it is a little bad.
Hello. Bye.
October 03, 2017, 04:18:12 AM
Stox: Floyd Mayweather, Luis Suarez

Stox has Chinese diver, Liang Tian. They have 3 celebrities.   Cheesy

You're right, I missed him. Added to the list!
Pages:
Jump to: