Pages:
Author

Topic: Changelly.com - instant exchange. VISA/Mastercard accepted. - page 20. (Read 52993 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
No reply to support tickets, reddit, private messages, direct tweets, comments on news articles, message to MinerGate.
Please someone help!  Huh Huh Huh Huh Cry

Just got a reply from support on Twitter and a reply on a post on Reddit. The twitter guy said he saw the transaction and asked if I wanted a refund or to convert it.
I said please go ahead and convert in my private message, but I think Twitter may have blocked me. If you are reading this please re-start and send ETH at the best rate to the original destination ETH address.
No reply to support tickets, reddit, private messages, direct tweets, comments on news articles, message to MinerGate.
Please someone help!  Huh Huh Huh Huh Cry
Hello I am missing a large XMR deposit to ETH.
It hasn't shown up, I have sent you a private message with the details.

I tried it with a 1 XMR deposit it worked but I've been waiting all day for the large transaction it says awaiting payment.

I have sent you a private message with all the details.

Please help as soon as you can.

Embarrassed
Hi, Please refund transactions was not completed. Check your private message! Thanks!
Activity: 2
I´m also having problems with transaction # 5570dc5b9a7e

I sent 4.2 BTC on Friday but there is just the message "sorry! the payment was not received." Actually all my money is lost. No reaction from support afterwards. Sorry, but that´s not the way you should treat your clients.

Finally I got an answer now from support and the transfer was corrected so I got the complete amount. Thanks for this, but you should provide answers in shorter time.  Wink
Activity: 1
Hi, I am posting to report my positive experience with Changelly's customer service & with their integrity.

TL;DR, I made a mistake entering the "Destination ID" on Ripple payment to Changelly, and ~172 ETH (~$8,600 USD equivalent) got mis-directed and sent to an unknown Ether wallet. Within 1 hour I realized my mistake, within 3 hours I had a reply from Changelly support team, and within 24 hours Changelly had properly credited to me the entire ETH balance.

Aside: my Bitcoin Forum account reads as "brand new," but that's only because this is my first post. I registered this account in 2013, as is visible in my profile details.

---- The full details of the situation ------

Yesterday (Sunday, ~9:40AM PST)  I made a Changelly exchange transaction (#5cec9d2f9128) to convert 932,000 XRP --> ~172 ETH.

I then executed a Ripple payment from my wallet to Changelly, amount 932,000 XRP. I got Changelly's Ripple wallet address correct -- BUT, I mis-typed the Destination ID field for the payment. (A Ripple transaction "Destination ID" is not to be confused with using the wrong Ripple wallet address. The Destination ID is just an accounting / memo field, it is not part of the actual cryptographic Ripple wallet address. If you send a payment to the *wrong wallet address* there is nothing Changelly or any other service can do for you...)

Changelly's internal system uses the Destination ID field to credit incoming XRP payments to the correct exchange transaction. But because I swapped digits, my 932,000 XRP exchange was credit to *someone else's ETH wallet.*  

It took me about an hour to realize this & figure it out. Once I did, I got very concerned because I was missing ~$8,600 USD in funds, seemingly disappeared into some unknown Ether wallet.

I contacted Changelly both via email & on their Reddit forum (/r/changelly) and recevied a first response back within about 3 hours. The early responses seemed a little "weak" because they implied that since I made the error in the Ripple payment DestiationID field, it might not be possible to recover my funds. It is understandable that they might give such a response because people are making this kind of data entry mistake all the time, so they are constantly dealing with tracking down these transactions. Sometimes people send money to the wrong wallet address (nothing Changelly can do about that,) or sometimes the amounts are very small ($1, $5, $10, etc.) and it can take time to track down the error and see if it is even possible to correct it.

But $8,600 USD equivalent is not something I would just walk away from. I have an understanding of crypto wallets & the difference between a "Destination ID" accounting field and an actual wallet address.  I got *very* concerned and wrote one or two respectful but strongly-worded messages, expressing that I did not think it was reasonable for a customer's funds to disappear just because the DestinationID field was wrong. (The system should have other checks & balances to prevent this.)

My communications to Changelly included all the relevant info, including Changelly transaction ID, and my Ripple payment transaction hash, which is:

28B1144FE0C4E308B8BF657DD7E485AF07845768CB77FDB2E19B0280E478228C.

Within another hour or two they said they were looking into it & would get back to me.

5 hours after that I got a message from Changelly confirming that they *could* retrieve (or reimburse) the full amount of my missing funds. I replied to that message after another few hours, to double-confirm my ETH wallet payment address, and within about another +2 hours, the full amount of the ETH had been credited back to my account.

What a relief.
------

So, the take-away here is that Changelly's system for handling user data-entry errors & typos could use some improvement. But most important, they took responsibility for the situation, carefully reviewed my case, and returned all of my funds to me.

With appreciation to the Changelly team --

Gosmond
Activity: 2
I´m also having problems with transaction # 5570dc5b9a7e

I sent 4.2 BTC on Friday but there is just the message "sorry! the payment was not received." Actually all my money is lost. No reaction from support afterwards. Sorry, but that´s not the way you should treat your clients.
Activity: 22
As promised an update - Minergate replied that it was an issue on their side and all the funds were returned.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
I can vouch for this project, i've used it and it works.

It might take some time for the exchange to actually be completed unlike shapeshift but really i don't mind waiting a few more minutes to get better rates. Usually you'll get rates that are 1-3% better than shapeshift's rates.

I've used this with Steem and it works perfectly because how fast the Steem blockchain is.

Keep it up Changelly! And I love the credit card option too, although i haven't used it myself. Although it seems like the rates are a bit... On the high side, i guess.
Activity: 632
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
wtf?
1 BTC = 1,997.44327261 USD
I thought 1 BTC is like 1k$ now, not 2k$
Ouch...

That's what I call a HUGE spread!

Maybe that's a temporary situation due to high BTC volatility times, high demand for BTC and few funds in BTC held by Changelly.

My suggestion: check their BTC spread again in a few hours...

edit: that might happen due to the recent (VERY) slow BTC tx confirmation times...
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
wtf?
1 BTC = 1,997.44327261 USD
I thought 1 BTC is like 1k$ now, not 2k$
Hey! We usually respond on tickets in one business day and occasionally on weekends. We see that Monero exchanges are going properly. It seems the problem is on Minergate side, they didn't send funds to Changelly for exchange. In such case we suggest you to contact Minergate support team, they will provide your invoice withdrawal transaction or refund XMR to your account.
Thanks for your response - I will do as advised than and post an update when I will have more information.
Activity: 163
Merit: 11
Supersonic swaps for your digital assets
I have used you service before and I have a short suggestion on one coin you could add to improve coverage: tether.

Adding Tether would allow customers to exchange volatile cryptocoins for a more stable asset, and would probably add alot of utility for your service.  Your competitor shapeshift already has tether, and it would be awesome if you could add it too.
Hey! Nice to hear your feedback. We definitely have plans to add Tether on Changelly. Thanks for your suggestion!

Well, I wanted to sell XMR using Changelly and Minergate invoice and it's frozen since alsmot a day now. There was no response for my support ticket and to be honest I have no idea if I will get my coins back \-:
Hey! We usually respond on tickets in one business day and occasionally on weekends. We see that Monero exchanges are going properly. It seems the problem is on Minergate side, they didn't send funds to Changelly for exchange. In such case we suggest you to contact Minergate support team, they will provide your invoice withdrawal transaction or refund XMR to your account.
Well, I wanted to sell XMR using Changelly and Minergate invoice and it's frozen since alsmot a day now. There was no response for my support ticket and to be honest I have no idea if I will get my coins back \-:
Activity: 130
Merit: 109
Hello changelly,

I have used you service before and I have a short suggestion on one coin you could add to improve coverage: tether.

Adding Tether would allow customers to exchange volatile cryptocoins for a more stable asset, and would probably add alot of utility for your service.  Your competitor shapeshift already has tether, and it would be awesome if you could add it too.

Thanks!
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
I eventually got my funds after 1 day, but at todays exchange rate, which was a total loss for me. Today i tried shapeshift and in 4 minutes i exchanged my coins! Sorry changelly, but till you dont improve your service im going somewhere else!
Dear cpozzer. Great to know, that your 1.5 XMR exchange finally was completed. In normal mode we process exchanges in a few minutes, once we get confirmation of your payment in blockchain. I know that many shapeshift users have experienced the same issues with delayed and failed transactions last week. Unfortunately it depends on our common exchange partner Poloniex, their API worked very slow due to extremely high demand of trading. We are working to improve our service to minimise such risks. In case of your issue we have sent you a compensation due to high rates fluctuation. Further to get help urgently it's better to message us directly on facebook or twitter and provide your transaction ID. Hope finally you've been satisfied by our support. Thanks!

Hello,

I appreciate the fact that you sent me a compensation of 50 Coins to cover my previous loss and i confirm that i have received it, i hope you do improve your service because i really like it. But at the moment im stepping back with big transactions, i wouldn't like to have them pending for hours. A good thing would be to state somewhere on your page the actual time it would take to do a transaction, but of course you would have to do it in the terms you state. Not approx 5 to 30 min and then have to wait 4hrs. Like when u convert xmr to and other you state that it can take upto 2 hrs or whatever it is.

Anyway thanks again for the compensation, looking foward to use your service (once it works 100% perfect :-)
Activity: 163
Merit: 11
Supersonic swaps for your digital assets
I eventually got my funds after 1 day, but at todays exchange rate, which was a total loss for me. Today i tried shapeshift and in 4 minutes i exchanged my coins! Sorry changelly, but till you dont improve your service im going somewhere else!
Dear cpozzer. Great to know, that your 1.5 XMR exchange finally was completed. In normal mode we process exchanges in a few minutes, once we get confirmation of your payment in blockchain. I know that many shapeshift users have experienced the same issues with delayed and failed transactions last week. Unfortunately it depends on our common exchange partner Poloniex, their API worked very slow due to extremely high demand of trading. We are working to improve our service to minimise such risks. In case of your issue we have sent you a compensation due to high rates fluctuation. Further to get help urgently it's better to message us directly on facebook or twitter and provide your transaction ID. Hope finally you've been satisfied by our support. Thanks!
Guys, or deeply apologies for the delays. Unfortunately our support team is heavily overloaded, due to very high demand from our customers. We have grown 10 times for the last week. Also our exchange partner Poloniex API sometimes is working very slow, that's why transactions maybe delayed occasionally. Most of the uncompleted transactions caused by our customers missing destination tags and messages id for Ripple, Steem and XEM exchanges. We've given for such issues the first priority and will process all them as soon as possible. Also we are going to increase our support team to improve service for you. In case of urgent support needed feel free to message us at https://twitter.com/Changelly_team Hope for your patience. Thanks!

And by the way i still havent heard from your support team, neither you have replied to a post on facebook (ya guys check there facebook wall, i doubt you would use their service)
So when am i gonna get my funds huh? Do i have to wait another 24hrs for god damn sake!!!

Guys, or deeply apologies for the delays. Unfortunately our support team is heavily overloaded, due to very high demand from our customers. We have grown 10 times for the last week. Also our exchange partner Poloniex API sometimes is working very slow, that's why transactions maybe delayed occasionally. Most of the uncompleted transactions caused by our customers missing destination tags and messages id for Ripple, Steem and XEM exchanges. We've given for such issues the first priority and will process all them as soon as possible. Also we are going to increase our support team to improve service for you. In case of urgent support needed feel free to message us at https://twitter.com/Changelly_team Hope for your patience. Thanks!

And by the way i still havent heard from your support team, neither you have replied to a post on facebook (ya guys check there facebook wall, i doubt you would use their service)
So when am i gonna get my funds huh? Do i have to wait another 24hrs for god damn sake!!!

Ok, so if you are facing issues, why the FUCK are you ACCEPTING ORDERS! Just damn state on your page that there are issues and will be back once they have been fixed, huh! Is is so fucking difficult to understand???
Pages:
Jump to: