Pages:
Author

Topic: ChangeNow.io (Evercode Lab) - Scam. Illegally holding of 100 BCH (11 bitcoins). - page 32. (Read 34303 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 518
I own a certain amount of cryptocurrency and I buy new currencies very rarely.

I am not a trader and therefore I have not registered on real exchanges. ~Anonymous instant exchangers were enough for me.

And a few days ago I went to ChangeNow.io and sent them 100 BCH. They had to send me 11 bitcoins. (You may think it is crazy.... Maybe yes.)

But time passes and I see a message that my transaction seems suspicious and they demand to provide documents and information about funds origin.

I began to write to them that I was not going to send them anything and demanded that they simply return 100 BCH back. They refused me and continued to demand documents and information about the origin of the funds.

I got tired of all this and took the first picture from google.images (with someone's passport). Why did I do this? Because I did not take this bucket shop seriously. This is not a company - they have no address, no phone, they do not even have a real company name. I'm sure it's just a few people working from home. I did not want to say anything about myself, because I did not break anything. But I still explained about the purity of my BCH and it was perfectly visible from the very beginning:
1. There is only one incoming transaction(a few months ago) and one outgoing transaction(to ChangeNow.io) on the wallet.
2. The origin of funds on this wallet is another my wallet (this wallet was created 5 years ago(before bitcoin hardfork) and it was replenished only once(5 years ago))

That is, I have owned this funds for 5 years. This funds are absolutely clean. They agreed with this but then they demanded to make a selfie with my passport and piece of paper (ChangeNow + Date). I began to argue with them, demanding to return BCH back, because they are clean and they themselves know it.

As a result, I had no choice but to make a photo of real passport and make a selfie with a passport and a piece of paper. I sent it to them and said that the previous photo was sent accidentally due to ignorance and misunderstanding of the seriousness of the situation.

Now they say that due to the fact that I deceived them they will now check my photos with regulating authorities.

Do you understand all this madness? They know perfectly well that I am the owner of absolutely clean BCH and they do not return them back. I do not demand them to make an exchange. I just demand to return this BCH back to the legal wallet.

This is not their property. Why do they hold them? I gave them everything and they now tell me that they will check my documents through regulating authorities (indefinitely - no time limits, no guarantees, nothing).

Who are they to hold my property? They are thieves. And I repeat, this is not a bank, and it's not a real exchange like Binance or CoinBase, which is responsible for his work and controlled by the state. These guys - are nobody and nobody knows who are they and it is absolutely unclear for what purpose they find out the identity of the owner of such a large amount of cryptocurrency.

I will provide proof of this to any moderator (if necessary)
First of all I never used these kind of anonymous exchanges,but if you think your BCH were clean and obtained not from any illegal activity then you just go into the exchanges.Now you don't have any other option just wait for them to give procedure to withdraw your funds.I don't find any terms and conditions on the site did you agreed anything before?
Even it looks they don't have any representatives on BCT,if they available then you may create the thread in scam accusations.Moderators don't have any business with your problem this is just a forum not the crypto police station.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
First, The moment you used their site/service, you are agreeing to their terms of service. I'm guessing you didn't bother reading it.

By accessing the website, you agree to be bound by our Terms, all applicable laws and regulations, and you agree that you are responsible for compliance with—and that you are compliant with—applicable law. If you do not agree with any of our Terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing the Website; your only recourse is to stop using the Website. Any use of the Website is your deemed acceptance of our Terms as they may be modified and amended from time to time. The materials contained in the Website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark laws and treaties. You should check back often in case our Terms undergo changes.

Second, Using someone else's indentity is under any circumstances prohibited and punishable by law.

Third, They are an exchange and there's no way you can run such without complying to legal regulations; there'll be KYC/AML policies

ChangeNOW uses an automated risk management system to check all transactions. Each case will be considered individually. According to European AML directives, KYC regulations and platform requirements, we will ask you to provide you a scan of your ID document valid in your country and additional information of the funds origin.
copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 77

They returned my coins on 2018-10-13(after 3 months of illegal holding and 2.5 months of absolute ignore for all my emails).

But I ask all people who have left a negative feedback never to delete it.

The fact that they returned my coins does not mean that they are not scammers. You must understand that they would never have returned my coins if I hadn’t organized this 3 month hype. Therefore, it is not their merit. This is exclusively my work (and of course the people who supported me here). And if you think the right thing to do with the feedback, then you can make a positive feedback to me, but in no case do not delete their existing negative feedback. Otherwise, this will not be fairness.

If you just delete your feedback, it will be a 100% signal that everyone can steal someone's money, then wait 3 months for everything to calm down, and then in case of failure simply return it and continue the business. It is not right.

In recent weeks, nothing new has been happened for ChangeNOW. Everything was absolutely the same as in recent months. My helpers distributed links to my topics and informed people about the situation.

The only thing that was added was that in recent weeks, Changelly, Atomic Wallet and Guarda began to be together with the ChangeNOW in most of messages. Also, many of you have seen the red banner dedicated to Changelly.

I am sure that this St. Petersburg group analyzed the situation and was frightened that if the shadow falls on all their services, they will lose much more than 100 BCH. And only because of this fear, they decided to return the money to me and change KYC-Refund policy (perhaps temporarily... until "Europol's" directions). I am sure of it so much that I can bet 100 BCH.
So do not be idiots and do not think that they have corrected and decided to be honest. They are just pathetic cowards who were afraid of losing more than they stole from me.

My conclusion: All of these services are scammers and I believe that such people have no place in the crypto world, they disgrace it and lower the trust of cryptocurrency. Do not work with them or support them.

I am very grateful to all the people who were in my topics. And I will send 0.01 BTC to every person who left at least 2 posts in my threads.

Briefly:
Changelly, Atomic Wallet, ChangeNOW, Guarda are from the same city(St. Petersburg) and from the same group of people and these services protect each other

ChangeNOW is selective scammers which have as minimum 2 cases

And they cannot be anyone but scammers simply because of this:
Earlier, you explained the impossibility of returning the money without documents to me because you are afraid that my money was stolen and you are afraid that you may have problems with Europol.

But as soon as it became known, you immediately disappeared from the forum:
At the same time, I was a customer of Changelly[actually parent of ChangeNOW, as it became known later] and have whitelisted account there and exchanged hundreds of bitcoins in recent months without any kind of KYC. (it's funny but they gave me whitelisted account after ChangeNOW's scam!) The fact is that I have 5-year-old crystal clear coins, so it never aroused suspicion from anyone.

What is the reason to refuse me in refund? After all, you can no longer lie about the fear of Europol. Then why do you keep my money for 3 months?
From this it follows that they do not care about the purity of coins. They are only looking for an excuse for appropriating someone's coins and they are engaged in the hunt for big deposits with the help of KYC story.

What happened: Illegal exchanger from Russia(the activities of such services are not legal in Russia) hold my funds and do all to delay the situation. They demand documents, selfie, videoverification. But I am not obliged to disclose information about myself to a group of persons who conduct illegal activities in its country. It's just dangerous... And all this happens despite the fact that they have always advertised themselves as an anonymous service: Google, their own topic
Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/changenow-1307188 and https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/polinachangenow-2286031
Reference Link: https://changenow.io/
Amount Scammed: 100 BCH / 11 BTC / $70 000
Payment Method: BCH
Proof of Payment: Dear friends I don't want to publish my wallet address. However, fraudsters do not deny the problem(you can see this in next posts). But in any case, I can show my wallet to any moderator.
PM/Chat Logs: Again, fraudsters do not deny the problem. Of course I have a long long dialogue through email, but it's too big.
Additional Notes: I advise you to not deal with this user until this dispute is resolved.

Quick FAQ
Q: Can not you pass video verification because the selfie was doing another person?
A: If this were so, do you really think that I would not have the money to pay that person for the video call?

Q: So what is the problem?
A: The problem is that I do not follow the demands of suspicious persons from Russia who conduct activities there without any supervision by the state, and who run away from their office and change founders. I need that these people to just return my crystal clean 5-year old coins. I do not need their exchange and accordingly I do not want to go with them for any cooperation.

Q: Why 100 BCH?
A: It was only a first small part and I confused them with Changelly

Q: Why so much hate?
A: On July 6, they received a photo of the passport and a selfie. Then they told everyone that they were investigating. On July 19, I told them that I knew who they are and where they are and only on that day they suddenly decided to stop their investigation and began to ask for video verification (just check this topic). Thus I'm absolutely sure they are just pathetic scammers who wanted to steal a large sum of money.

INVESTIGATION TOPIC WITH THE INFO ABOUT SCAMMERS:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--4647308 (ONLY FOR REGISTERED BITCOINTALK USERS)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/8wsgir/changenowio_scam_fraudsters_have_stolen_100_bch/ (for others)

UPDATE 2018-07-15

They still have not returned my funds. I remind you I sent all the photos they needed 9 days ago. They say that they are conducting an investigation. They themselves say that they do not know how long it will take. In other words, they say:
"We took your funds, and we will not return it to you until we want."

But what kind of investigation can be conducted by these anonyms for more than 9 days? Blockchain shows that I own funds for 5 years. The presence of many coins on my wallets indicates that private keys were not stolen. What else can they investigate? There is no doubt that they are just trying to find a way to leave this funds to themselves. I'm sure they just wait until we all shut up and everyone will forget about it.

==========================================================

UPDATE 2018-07-18

They still have not returned my funds. I remind you I sent all the photos they needed 12 days ago. They say that they are conducting an investigation... in the time when blockchain shows that I own funds for 5 years. The presence of many coins on my wallets indicates that private keys were not stolen.

UPDATE OF THE POST  2018-07-29

More than two weeks ago I opened ChangeNOW.io and tried to exchange 100 BCH for 11 bitcoins.
Why did I come to this site with such a huge amount? I confused them with Changelly, which I once worked with. And this was only part of the total amount of exchange.
After I sent BCH, the exchange was suspended and I was asked for a image of the passport and an explanation of the origin of the funds. I wrote my indignation to them. But when a man with a Russian name Sergey answered me, I tensed. If this is a service from Russia, then why should it establish the identity of a person with such a large volume of coins? What purpose do they have in the time when the transaction itself could not cause any suspicion (other than volume)? This is not for them to be formally protected from regulators, since in Russia it is not regulated by anyone and they work illegally. I decided that it was just a formality. I took an image with someone's passport from google-images and sent them. And also I explained the origin of the funds, although there is nothing to explain, everything is already visible:

1. There is only one incoming transaction(a few months ago) and one outgoing transaction(to ChangeNow.io) on the wallet.
2. The origin of funds on this wallet is my another wallet. This wallet was created 5 years ago(before bitcoin hardfork) and it replenished only once(5 years ago).
3. The presence of many coins on my wallets indicates that private keys were not stolen.

But after that they asked to send selfie with a passport. There was no way out and I had to make a real selfie with a real passport.
They accused me that I deceived them and now they will conduct an investigation. That was 2 weeks ago. All the days during these weeks they said that they are investigating this situation and can not say about the completion time
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42029915
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42090568
The same thing was said to me when communicating by mail within 2 weeks. Do you understand cynicism? Absolutely anonymous people, without a company, addresses, telephone, working illegally, appropriated my funds and in fact declare that they will return it only when they themselves want it.

They said it until 2018-07-20. This is explained by the fact that on Thursday I told them that I found all the information about them: their names, phone numbers, office address. I said that the information about them will be published and then forwarded to the competent bodies of St. Petersburg, as they, having organized de facto anonymous exchange service of anonymous currencies (only I probably did not have the luck with my volume) brazenly violates the laws of the Russian Federation. After that they immediately wanted to communicate with me on video communication. And now they are blackmailing: "that's when you call us, then we will decide about your funds."

But I do not like this approach. Persons who conduct completely illegal entrepreneurial activities in Russia, trying to steal funds from those who feed them, have no right to demand anything to me. I will not please them. I do not worry about my funds, I'll return it in any case, it's just that I will not leave anything from their "business" and from their personal reputation.

Please understand me correctly. I do not gloat simply because they work illegally in Russia. It's just a convenient hook. But I would never used it if they did not try to steal my funds.
You, having at least six months from registering on the forum, think: what 2 weeks investigation can be carried out by a group of people doing their business illegally in the time when the blockchain shows that I own the funds for 5 years, and the presence of many coins on my wallets says that private keys were not stolen. What investigation? It's clear even for a fool, that this is a lie and an attempt to delay the time to the maximum in the hope that the person will fall behind and the topic will be forgotten.

I repeat, I have absolutely nothing against services that work in the shadow of the state. Not all states have perfect legislation. But if you work illegally and yet have no honor, trying to brazenly steal, then do not think that you will get away with it.

UPDATE 2018-08-13

They fled their office a week ago.
St. Petersburg, Ligovsky prospect, 50, building 13, office 28

And when someone calls company's phone number the CEO of Evercode Lab( Evercode Lab is developer of ChangeNOW) refuses to give a new address.
https://evercodelab.com/

They call yourself a legitimate business. Why do they run away from the office and keep the new address a secret? What are they afraid of? After all, they have everything under the law and Russian police will protect them. So what is the problem?

UPDATE 2018-08-21

What is most feared by the cowardly Russian scammers? EXACTLY! - Russian police and FSB!

Do you think that the change of office and the absolute hiding of the new address is something extra? Oh... On August 15 these pathetic cowards changed all the founders of EVERCODE LAB ltd. (OOO ЭBEPКOД ЛAБ; the developer of ChangeNOW)

MORE INFO in the investigation topic: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--4647308 (ONLY FOR REGISTERED BITCOINTALK USERS)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/8wsgir/changenowio_scam_fraudsters_have_stolen_100_bch/ (for others)

You'll help make the crypto world cleaner if you spread this information
This should be a lesson for all dishonest people and services
Pages:
Jump to: