Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHARTS] Brief monthly overview of the local boards activity - page 28. (Read 18450 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
Just completed an update for June 2022. We experienced a slight increase in merit distribution of 21% from the previous month.
I wouldn't call 20% merit increase slight but very good.

It's great to keep increase, but it just depends on how quality the user posts are. While 99 users were still active in June where they made 869 posts.
Since you wrote 1193 posts in June, that means you had ~27% decrease which makes your merit increase even more significant.

Just going through history of these two accounts NoorulHuda and Cosmic Beyonders, i found that only NoorulHuda was banned and Cosmic Beyonders account is still active but got the red trust.

It raises one question that if the account was so much active and had so much to discuss in the local board, how come red feedback can make him enter into a pin drop silence mode  Huh
Given the very similar merit farming tactic, It might be that Cosmic Beyonders and NoorulHuda were controlled by the same person, which would explain why former stopped being active after his main got banned + getting red tag makes it much harder to get into bounty campaigns. 

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

Yes we have steep decline and we have a reason for that... actually our two very active members got banned NoorulHuda and second was Cosmic Beyonders. Both claim the reason for ban are not directly linked but any way you know our local boards... how they work Smiley

Just going through history of these two accounts NoorulHuda and Cosmic Beyonders, i found that only NoorulHuda was banned and Cosmic Beyonders account is still active but got the red trust.

It raises one question that if the account was so much active and had so much to discuss in the local board, how come red feedback can make him enter into a pin drop silence mode  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
Just completed an update for June 2022. We experienced a slight increase in merit distribution of 21% from the previous month. It's great to keep increase, but it just depends on how quality the user posts are. While 99 users were still active in June where they made 869 posts.

Statistics Update Local Board Bahasa Indonesia at June 2022.
legendary
Yes we have steep decline and we have a reason for that... actually our two very active members got banned NoorulHuda and second was Cosmic Beyonders.
Ah yes, I remember @NoorulHuda being one of the most active members across all local boards so no surprise that your numbers went down drastically when he got banned.

Anyway now we are back to the original 300-400 posts... it's ok with less noise and more constructive discussions.
Those numbers are still imho good enough to get your own local board. After all, I think that theymos will look into quality of those posts as well, if he decides to consider giving you local board so lower amount of posts doesn't necessarily has to be a bad thing.
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
Unfortunately we are continuing with the same trend; 17262 posts were written during May 2022 which is 6% decrease compared to month later. This is somewhat expected as summer coming so I guess people have better things to do than write on the forum.

Russian local board is by far the most active one while Turkish and German are holding their usual their usual 2nd and 3rd spots and its the same thing with 4th & 5th (Indonesian and Portuguese). Majority of active boards have somewhat similar numbers compared to previous one, except Pakistan that experienced huge decrease, going down from 863 posts written in April to only 315 during May. Dunno whayt happened there, maybe someone from their local can shed some light.

Hello Rikafip, thank you for all your hard work... because of you at least we know someone is there to care for orphan local boards... since theymos have left us after giving birth... I know he has many better things to do... so we are happy the way things are...  just kidding.

Yes we have steep decline and we have a reason for that... actually our two very active members got banned NoorulHuda and second was Cosmic Beyonders. Both claim the reason for ban are not directly linked but any way you know our local boards... how they work Smiley

Anyway now we are back to the original 300-400 posts... it's ok with less noise and more constructive discussions.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Rikafip, thank you again for your effort and time and for the new interesting statistics for this forum.
So, as far as trends in the forum are concerned, everything has remained the same, the number of posts on the forum is falling and there are no new members.
What really surprised me was that last month I was the most active member on our local part of the forum and in fact I don't remember that I was especially active and I even think that I wrote less than before  Grin
Luckily, our local champion has become a member of the signature campaign again and we will now see a big comeback from the Jedi  Grin
legendary
The activity on Pakistan is quite high.
That's true, Pakistan post numbers are very high (higher than many communities with their own local boards) considering that you don't even have your own local boards and all posts are written in one topic so I think that your numbers would be even higher if you get your own local board.

Can we have independent Board for Pakistan like Russia, Habrew are having or you can tell what else is required to have an independent Board. Thank you so much once again.
For that to happen first you have to open a topic in Meta asking forum staff to give your own local board and present them some arguments why you deserve one. After that you have to be very patient because some other communities (Nigerian, Bangladesh) asked for their own local boards years ago and they are still waiting. Thing is, there hasn't been new local board since 2017 which means theymos &co are very reluctant when it comes to creating new boards, seeing so many went inactive/dead. That of course doesn't mean that you shouldn't try getting one, just wanted to say that it won't be easy and that you should be patient if you decided to go that road. And I would suggest that someone from your community who has a decent reputation opens topic with such request.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311

Thanks for sharing this. Such a wonderful work you are doing, an applause for you man. Just a quick question. The activity on Pakistan is quite high. Can we have independent Board for Pakistan like Russia, Habrew are having or you can tell what else is required to have an independent Board. Thank you so much once again.
legendary
Thanks brother for the update, I had done it a few days before. It's just that I'm still using the Merit Dashboard to count post counts instead of ninjastic.space.
Nothing wrong with using Merit Dashboaad for posts, its an excellent tool. With ninjastic space you get a little bit inflated numbers while with dashboard you sometimes get a little bit lower numbers. For some time I even used combination of both (for Russian board post count I used ninjastic and for other boards used merit dashboard)

It's impressive still how you always manage to come through with these data set each time and present them accurately, taking into consideration all the boards and soon to be accorded board's activities.
Nothing impressive about this buddy, DdmrDdmr and TryNinja are those who did majority of the work, I just took their data and put them into charts and tables.

I have to really think about trying to apply. Better analyze what is needed.
Thanks again for the support.
Its not that hard as you really have to do is find 10 posts written in the last few months that you think deserve more merit, which I am sure shouldn't be that hard considering the amount of posts in your board and merit/post ratio.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
<…>

<…>

<…>

Thank you for your support and shared information.

I hadn't really noticed in those stats. And I actually don't give any more merits, for not having them...
Making a bigger filter than I think I should, to manage the merits I have available.

I have to really think about trying to apply. Better analyze what is needed.
Thanks again for the support.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
It's impressive still how you always manage to come through with these data set each time and present them accurately, taking into consideration all the boards and soon to be accorded board's activities. I can only say, well done and its a noble idea to keep users up to date on the activities of there forum locale, show to them how far they've come and statistics to necessary motivation to push further.

The most active members per local board during May 2022

Last but not the least, list of top 10 most active members per local boards. Even though I expected joker_josue (who was still great with 327 posts) to dominates this list again, this time Azrieli from Russian local board was the most active one with the impressive 359 posts written.
I did an average of how many posts these guys could come up with daily and it landed me in 11.58 although 11 is numerically acceptable but mehn, that's a lot of post. And that's supposedly for only the local boards.
It's always a pleasure to see that the Nigerians continues to furge ahead in keeping the spirit active even with a yet to be granted request. Well done guys and many thanks to Rikafip for ensuring we don't loose track!
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
~~~
Yes, the Indonesian local board is down one place from the previous month in terms of post count, but luckily we're up a few percent in terms of merit distribution. That's something worth keeping there because it's a sign that there are a lot of users who care about the merit system right now. We're in a great position as the local board that has the most merit senders and recipients, that's definitely good.

Thanks brother for the update, I had done it a few days before. It's just that I'm still using the Merit Dashboard to count post counts instead of ninjastic.space.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
You are de facto the third most voluminous merit sender on your local board over the last year and a half, which I’d say is a good starting point:
https://public.tableau.com/shared/SD56B6ZKK?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

Since the first two most voluminous are both merit sources, I would say that joker_josue (the 3rd) is the natural choice and the most obvious candidate for the job!!!

I hope @theymos is watching  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…>
That shouldn’t be any issue whatsoever, especially if you postulate to be a local merit source.

You are de facto the third most voluminous merit sender on your local board over the last year and a half, which I’d say is a good starting point:
https://public.tableau.com/shared/SD56B6ZKK?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

This is an overview of your merited network size (you can also see data for other people on your board):
https://public.tableau.com/shared/FC6T7HJZN?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I already thought about it. But then I thought that maybe I'm not in that category, because I hardly browse the international tabs.  Lips sealed Undecided
You don't have to be active in the general part of the forum  if you are applying to be a merit source that will be focused on your local board so I don't see that as some kind of a problem.

Joker, you would be a great merit source and certainty needed in our local board.
I would definitely support your application. take a look here at my application

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42705111

Some other potential good merit source which are active members:
alegotardo
Disruptivas

Another good option would be Loganota who made a very good analysis here a few time ago:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39183617
legendary
We definitely need more merit sources there. We have only 2, and I am of them.

I will ask people to volunteer for the job!
Good idea, 2 merit sources are definitely not enough for a local board of your size which is obvious from your merit/post ratio.

I already thought about it. But then I thought that maybe I'm not in that category, because I hardly browse the international tabs.  Lips sealed Undecided
You don't have to be active in the general part of the forum  if you are applying to be a merit source that will be focused on your local board so I don't see that as some kind of a problem.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Since Portuguese board is one of the most active ones while you consistently month after month have one of the lowest merit per post ratios, has anyone from your board considered applying for a merit source as I think you could certainly use more of those.

I already thought about it. But then I thought that maybe I'm not in that category, because I hardly browse the international tabs.  Lips sealed Undecided
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I have created a consolidate version of your data using only Portuguese board information:
I must say that it looks very good and easy to understand which is always important. Good job!

Since Portuguese board is one of the most active ones while you consistently month after month have one of the lowest merit per post ratios, has anyone from your board considered applying for a merit source as I think you could certainly use more of those.

I have been saying that for years Smiley
We definitely need more merit sources there. We have only 2, and I am of them.

I will ask people to volunteer for the job!
legendary
I have graphs of the local temperature, of the status of my vps, of the euro exchange rate - chf, in short, many graphs that I am not going to tell you
I love the graphics and yours are very beautiful Smiley
Cheers babo, glad to hear that you like the way they look. I tried many different tools and in the end Google charts proved to be the easiest and most elegant solution, with enough customization options for my needs.

I have created a consolidate version of your data using only Portuguese board information:
I must say that it looks very good and easy to understand which is always important. Good job!

legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet

Thanks again for your nice charts.

I will try to get more information from your charts later! This a nice way to see the evolution of my local board activity and merit distribution
Pages:
Jump to: