Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheating or Not? - page 7. (Read 1216 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
April 15, 2020, 11:03:32 AM
Point here is simple. Any changes during the duration of campaigb until it ends is probably stated always on the thread. I know its sucks but thats how the campaign for altcoins since we cant complained about it. But if the campaign ends then upon receiving the rewards they will add suddenly kyc, then thats a foul and needed a verbal agreement. But sometime manager argue with it but most of the time they cant be approved cause mostly the manager is outsourced and cant much complained too cauae they are the one paying him. We can say its a form of cheatinf but does it matter? Its happening everytime here and not new anymore.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
April 15, 2020, 10:49:38 AM
We have experienced similar issues in this forum as well and it's quite heartbreaking when things get this way but you can't say it is a form of cheating because the OP statement might have made it clear that he has the right to change the rule when needed and this only comes to play when there is a sense of cheating.
Activity: 172
Merit: 0
April 15, 2020, 10:49:27 AM
It depends on the rules that were made from the beginning. Usually projects write "Bounty manager or admin has the right to do anything"
So we cannot blame them if they change the rules in the middle or the end.

Exactly that clause "Bounty manager or admin has the right to do anything" or change rules has been what they normally use against hunters. I will even prefer it that a project is bodily written that there will be kyc, so we know what we are entering into
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
April 15, 2020, 10:46:07 AM
Cheating or NOT Cheating?

Coming from altcoinstalk forum I've experience few projects going against their own rules like saying on promotion page that no KYC will be required and after promotion ends they tell promoters to go and open account on an exchange and pass KYC, what can this be called? Cheating? Any consequences for such projects on this forum? Thank you.

I am not surprised at all. It happened to me a few times in 2018, and that was one of the reasons why I decided to quit participating in the bounty campaigns. And sadly, there will be no consequences for doing such scams. At the most, the bounty campaign manager will get a red trust and he will just purchase another Bitcointalk account and carry on with his trade.
Activity: 909
Merit: 17
www.cd3d.app
April 15, 2020, 10:44:37 AM

Coming from altcoinstalk forum I've experience few projects going against their own rules like saying on promotion page that no KYC will be required and after promotion ends they tell promoters to go and open account on an exchange and pass KYC, what can this be called? Cheating? Any consequences for such projects on this forum? Thank you.

Most of the project now has a rules that the manager has the right to change the rules anytime which we cannot blame them because that is their rules,it's up to you if you join on their project and accept their rules to follow. But in exchange you need to pass their kyc in order you to trade,deposit and withdraw.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
April 15, 2020, 10:44:28 AM
If it wasn't mentioned at first that KYC will be done post-project period, then it would be kinda unfair for people though. Not anyone would risk their identities for a crap exchange that would surely be a wasteland in some other time.
They should be able to know if the exchange that their coins will be listed requires KYC like submitting information to Google Form.
However it is upon the people's responsibilities if they're even awaiting for an announcement or just merely waiting without checking updates, because I believe devs do an update through Telegram.
Activity: 742
Merit: 128
Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading
April 15, 2020, 10:33:36 AM
if they do that without agreement, sure they cheating, but as long as i know, in every campaign, bounty manager or core team have right to change rules, and they including it at agreement section in every bounty thread they made. And thats not a new thing in bounty campaign, and its okey for me as long as the project is legit.
Yes they can change the rules any times as its stated in the Original post when they participated in a campaign. If the manager agree they will not ask for a kyc in the first time you join then thats different things, however since they are able to change rules any time you still required to follow what they change.  Even yoh dont like it, the only option you can do now is whether accept and make the kyc or forget your payment and do not make any kyc.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
April 15, 2020, 10:30:04 AM

If you do not accept their requests, you can skip KYC and not receive rewards. I do not understand why you react to KYC, if you only have one account then I believe you will overcome KYC easily. Users of multiple accounts will blame the project for fraud or fraud if they implement KYC at the end of the campaign
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
April 15, 2020, 10:17:31 AM

And if you take your time to read through the bounty page and rules, you will see where it is boldly stated the team have the right to change the rules whenever they feel like it, so when you agree with this terms and participate in the bounty anyways,  there us nothing you can do afterwards when the team decides to change one of the rules,
So in this case, it is either you go ahead and do the kyc or ready to forfeit your reward, it is that simple.
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
April 15, 2020, 10:10:56 AM
if from the beginning the thread is not required KYC written cheating in my opinion. but if there is information the rules can change at any time depending on the team.
this is usually to get rid of fake accounts
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
April 15, 2020, 10:05:05 AM
if they do that without agreement, sure they cheating, but as long as i know, in every campaign, bounty manager or core team have right to change rules, and they including it at agreement section in every bounty thread they made. And thats not a new thing in bounty campaign, and its okey for me as long as the project is legit.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 105
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
April 15, 2020, 09:56:01 AM
the most important thing is we must always keep abreast of the development of the bounty we are working on, if the rules change at the end of the campaign the choice is still in your hands, if you think the results are worth it, why not.
Why do people always react when campaigns change rules. Obviously they can change the rules because they are project owners and bounty. They will change the rules based on market and project situations. If we do not agree with the new rules, we may not accept and abandon the project, very simply and easily.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
April 15, 2020, 09:51:41 AM
Well, this act is cheating or not is debatable but i am sure it is unethical and falls in the category of exploiting the workers so one can say it is agai st the global labor laws and it is like depriving the worker of his due reward after the work has been done.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 259
April 15, 2020, 09:11:30 AM
the most important thing is we must always keep abreast of the development of the bounty we are working on, if the rules change at the end of the campaign the choice is still in your hands, if you think the results are worth it, why not.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
April 15, 2020, 08:32:44 AM
If they have rights to change the rules that is fair and not cheating, because they have campaign who are doing that they set a new rules but once they don't have that is not fair because not all participants wants KYC because what if they join campaign and they spend few months because they know that there is no required kyc but after the campaign they need to pass their information is unfair.
copper member
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
April 15, 2020, 08:14:26 AM
It's cheating on the parts of project owners to the hunters but most times these rules are made to either reduce multiple accounts or as a measure to comply to some sort of regulations the project might be undergoing. While joining a bounty expect kyc before joining even if they say no kyc.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 15, 2020, 07:43:33 AM

this proves that you are still newbie in this Business mate.
Scammers are misleading ,they will do anything to make people believe about how they are can be trusted but in the end the true objective will come.
just Visit the Scam accusation Section and Reputation here .
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=129.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

Just visit that sections and you will find many accusations like this.
Activity: 661
Merit: 10
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
April 15, 2020, 07:40:30 AM
Yes some projects need kyc for get double entry participate so it's doesn't matter if team announced about kyc before start of the bounty. Then everyone can passing kyc easily without tension free.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
April 15, 2020, 07:25:16 AM
They also always state that they can change the rules anytime. So, I think they have the right to do so. You are free to participate by acknowledging all the bounty rules posted in the thread. You should check them before joining any bounty.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 15, 2020, 07:07:52 AM
It depends on the rules that were made from the beginning. Usually projects write "Bounty manager or admin has the right to do anything"
So we cannot blame them if they change the rules in the middle or the end.

I have experienced that so many times from no KYC to KYC now, projects that does this are deceitful and should be reported, but since they have the option to change the rules and they state it in their bounty thread, they can be considered safe from scam accusation, and this is the risk that bounty hunters have to face.
Pages:
Jump to: