Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheating or Not? - page 8. (Read 1216 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
April 15, 2020, 06:45:07 AM
well if the company use's some decentralized identity verification system than i think there is no harm passing KYC once but if they are asking you to upload your data to website or google form than i would avoid it. 
Activity: 2380
Merit: 454
April 15, 2020, 06:35:04 AM
Cheating or NOT Cheating?

Coming from altcoinstalk forum I've experience few projects going against their own rules like saying on promotion page that no KYC will be required and after promotion ends they tell promoters to go and open account on an exchange and pass KYC, what can this be called? Cheating? Any consequences for such projects on this forum? Thank you.

Maybe, but to be honest it is not. They the rights to alter their own rules, it is not cheating but it is surely frustrating and annoying at the same time, because it's like they are telling that you're going to have a hard time claiming your bounty to them, it is up to you whether to comply on their rules or not. However, most of the time you're going to have second thoughts about it, since it is KYC which means exposing your real identity to someone you don't even know for a certain amount of money.
Activity: 736
Merit: 11
April 15, 2020, 06:00:42 AM
It depends on the rules that were made from the beginning. Usually projects write "Bounty manager or admin has the right to do anything"
So we cannot blame them if they change the rules in the middle or the end.
Yes, it is true. that the gift manager or project admin has the right to change the rules in the middle or at the end of the project. so as a project promoter you can not do much other than follow the project rules. but for me personally this is not a problem either, at least with the enactment of KYC for participants can reduce multi accounts at the end of the project.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
April 15, 2020, 05:53:41 AM
I believe this is not new and a lot have been discuss here on the forum. Now in as much as the manager have stated at the end of the campaign that the term and condition of the campaign can be changed, I don't see it as scam because sometime dev team might decide to change what have said earlier to suit the project and sometime this is used to reduce the number of token to be allocated to hunters

I think it is not cheating, but it is dishonorable, especially when it is informed at the end of the campaign when users obviously join for terms and conditions declared at the beginning. They do deserve to have negative trust for this as it is dishonest.

But I will defend managers in saying that most times it is the project and not them who changed their minds.
Activity: 518
Merit: 28
April 15, 2020, 05:39:31 AM
It's true that rules can be changed anytime on bounties but some team and bounty managers use this at their own advantage when it's time to pay project promoters, this is why I look at bounty manager reputation before joining a bounty project
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
April 15, 2020, 05:35:33 AM

Coming from altcoinstalk forum I've experience few projects going against their own rules like saying on promotion page that no KYC will be required and after promotion ends they tell promoters to go and open account on an exchange and pass KYC, what can this be called? Cheating? Any consequences for such projects on this forum? Thank you.
In my opinion, generally, I consider this a violation of the agreement and can be flagged. However, usually, they stated on the OP that they could change the rule if they want. So, if you decided to participate knowing that they can change the rule, then this problem becomes debatable. Well, usually, this kind of problem in real life would be settled in court, but, for this forum, a neutral tag is justifiable.

Red tag or flag, maybe? I'm not sure. You can ask in reputation board about this issue.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
April 15, 2020, 05:27:13 AM
Unfortunately, this has always been and always will be, a lot of projects that conduct bounty companies, first the bounty companies indicate that the kyc is not needed, and after the bounty ends, they begin to change the rules and say that the kyc is needed, this is done specifically to limit the number of bounty hunters who will receive tokens.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 250
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
April 15, 2020, 05:21:40 AM
honestly it's cheating, because at the beginning of the project they launched it was written like a prize hunter is not needed for KYC. but the change in project rules can only be done by the project manager and the bounty hunter has no other choice but to have to do the KYC to get the token.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
April 15, 2020, 04:32:41 AM
Well it's kinda cheating, Changing the rules at the end of the campaign. You expect the reward that will arrive in your wallet but no, it needs KYC in order to receive it. It is up to you if you want to submit KYC to get your reward. If that happens to me, maybe I will pass the KYC if the reward is high but if low maybe not.
Activity: 925
April 15, 2020, 04:23:05 AM

No it is not cheating and to the best of my knowledge both the team and the bounty manager have the right to add, remove or change the rules the way it pleases them, at least it is rightly stated on the bounty thread. With this change in rules happening often and on, I think it is better the person allows himself to be flexible and be open to any change in rules whenever it comes so that he won't end up working and lose all at the end because he couldn't meet up with the new rules.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
April 15, 2020, 04:01:21 AM
each project has different rules, but related to the KYC problem it all depends on the decision of the prize manager or their project team, because they have authority or rights in the project rules. You as the project promoter can only follow that rule, otherwise you also cannot claim the project token.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 15, 2020, 03:56:34 AM
I personally dislike project team or bounty managers that change bounty rules after bounty ends, there have been few cases about project team trying to cheat bounty hunters, they introduced and force participants to go through KYC process if they need their reward, this is so wrong and im 100% against it

It's happened to me few times, but they justify changing their initial rules, they wrote about reasons,
new regulations, how they need to oblige to some new rules. It's maybe wrong, but it's not cheating
I think.
   We have a last call, if we don't like changes and it looks fishy we should abandon the project and warn
others about that project. With some proves it would go easier I assume, but even logical explanation can
work here, we are not on court!
Activity: 166
April 15, 2020, 03:46:18 AM
It depends on the rules that were made from the beginning. Usually projects write "Bounty manager or admin has the right to do anything"
You right. But sometimes some bounty hunter dont even care about this rules. If we join campaign we should all the rules so we can anticipate for bad possibility.
For sure they can.
Since we have no official regulation from govs - their actions have no legal status, so they can't be "caught" for such cheating.
We have to wait and fight for legal status of crypto if we need some kind of protection
Activity: 532
Merit: 41
April 15, 2020, 03:22:11 AM
I personally dislike project team or bounty managers that change bounty rules after bounty ends, there have been few cases about project team trying to cheat bounty hunters, they introduced and force participants to go through KYC process if they need their reward, this is so wrong and im 100% against it
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 15, 2020, 03:14:21 AM
This is not a new scenario in bounties. I had been into a lot of bounties which had a lot of surprise changes by the end of the campaign for you to get paid. However, if it is written in the rule that adjustments can be made within or after the bounty, this is not considered cheating.
in fact the intention is made in such a way that it does not appear to violate the rules, as you say "the rules can be adjusted after the prize". or any form of word that implies that if there are changes they cannot be blamed. Such incidents indeed often occur when it is in the middle of a project or after completion. because they have the right to change the rules and have been made so that they cannot be blamed. there are many ways to get them to benefit and participants cannot do anything.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
April 15, 2020, 02:32:04 AM
 they should not tolerate behavior like this because it was like simillar to scam . it other words they dont like to pay thier workers because if they are honest they should put a clear rules and they should add a note if the rules can change in the future or not  .   never experienced to join a campaign like this but i the ones that i came across already have a staple rules on the first day that they started the only problem is that most of them are being cancelled or worst dont pay at all   . this is the only thing that i dont want to happen but i dont really care about those kyc's
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
April 15, 2020, 02:21:28 AM
This is not a new scenario in bounties. I had been into a lot of bounties which had a lot of surprise changes by the end of the campaign for you to get paid. However, if it is written in the rule that adjustments can be made within or after the bounty, this is not considered cheating.
Activity: 322
April 15, 2020, 02:18:07 AM
Sometimes bounties have rules that can be adjusted by the BM or team, if you come across such rules I suggest you part away quickly, some willingly use this to cheat bounty hunters
Activity: 1078
April 15, 2020, 02:01:12 AM
Such occasions are really bad for the project reputation, but actually they are not breaking any rules as it usually stated in Bounty threads that the rules might be changed at any time.
Activity: 905
Merit: 113
April 15, 2020, 01:36:02 AM
It looks like 99% of bounties will write rules like that, I think the writing "Bounty manager or admin has the right to do anything" only changes the rules of each campaign not a KYC problem, I also feel upset and worried if a project asks KYC at the end campaign
Pages:
Jump to: