Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheating or Not? - page 3. (Read 1216 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
May 17, 2020, 08:28:44 AM
In this case, they're a cheating liar when adding new rules to the promotion. Consequences for them are that they lost the trust of their followers. Even if people pass the KYC and get the reward, they would dump the coin at the first chance they have since they didn't trust the projects anymore.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 17, 2020, 07:52:32 AM
if cheating seems like it might not be if KYC is for the good of a project to avoid people or people who usually take advantage negatively or fraudulently, it can be very helpful for other participants who are genuine or not cheating

I agree this is not cheating. A team can decide to add new rules if they think that with new rules they can have a better project and more devoured followers and users. It's on them to add new regulations if they think it's good for the project, it's on us to welcome new rules or to quit because we don't like them. But anyway if project is good it will continue to exist and it will attract people who can respect new rules that can contribute to success of the project.
Activity: 504
Merit: 11
May 17, 2020, 07:40:31 AM
if cheating seems like it might not be if KYC is for the good of a project to avoid people or people who usually take advantage negatively or fraudulently, it can be very helpful for other participants who are genuine or not cheating
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
May 15, 2020, 10:31:18 AM
Cheating or NOT Cheating?

Coming from altcoinstalk forum I've experience few projects going against their own rules like saying on promotion page that no KYC will be required and after promotion ends they tell promoters to go and open account on an exchange and pass KYC, what can this be called? Cheating? Any consequences for such projects on this forum? Thank you.

if you read on the thread that they reserve the right to change the rules if need be.. then it's not cheating unfortunately this is what every bounty will have to experience in the crypto space.. they can choose not to pay up at all.. and theres nothing we can do about it

i know and almost every business or company already posted that notice  .  it sucks because this is verry simillar to being you cheated because they can do whatever they wanted to  .   the only way to avoid this is to not join a campaign that have this rule just to be sure that your efforts will not be wasted   .  dunno what happen to op , he didnt clearly state if the campaign that he joined have this rule but i assume they have it and maybe op didnt saw it   . now he is in trouble   . his option is doing kyc or else leave
Activity: 531
Merit: 100
May 15, 2020, 10:27:35 AM
They can change the rules, as long as it's reasonable and nothing is excessive. But it is imperative that such projects need to be distributed, if they are delayed or not distributed, then those projects are definitely scam and we need to try to tag them.
copper member
Activity: 351
Merit: 1
May 15, 2020, 10:19:12 AM

Coming from altcoinstalk forum I've experience few projects going against their own rules like saying on promotion page that no KYC will be required and after promotion ends they tell promoters to go and open account on an exchange and pass KYC, what can this be called? Cheating? Any consequences for such projects on this forum? Thank you.

if you read on the thread that they reserve the right to change the rules if need be.. then it's not cheating unfortunately this is what every bounty will have to experience in the crypto space.. they can choose not to pay up at all.. and theres nothing we can do about it
Activity: 728
May 15, 2020, 10:08:17 AM
I think we should really read the rules of a bounty campaign before joining it. Because some bounty projects says that there is no kyc behind their project, however the manager or team stuff has the right to change the rules. So, there's a chance that the rules might chance in the future.
yes when at the end of the campaign they asked participants to do the KYC then there was nothing we could do. We as bounty hunters can only follow the rules they make in order to get paid

so the choice is only in us
doing that means getting paid
not doing KYC means working in vain
Activity: 1610
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
May 15, 2020, 09:57:26 AM
I think we should really read the rules of a bounty campaign before joining it. Because some bounty projects says that there is no kyc behind their project, however the manager or team stuff has the right to change the rules. So, there's a chance that the rules might chance in the future.
You are absolutely right, KYC might not be appropriate for Bounty Hunter but for KYC investors it is required, and preparing KYC if changes occur are also appropriate, I have participated in bounties and I am not KYC because I don't know, and I failed to get my reward, sadly.
Activity: 400
Merit: 268
May 15, 2020, 08:58:36 AM
If they have previous rules then it's not cheating because it's there own behind happen. Since a project stuff can do anything even we can't nothing for it. Besides kyc pass many hunter doing cheating so kyc something good and something bad in my mind. Otherwise, if you didn't like kyc bounty program then avoid it because team will never consider for you because it's rules mandatory for everyone.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 388
May 15, 2020, 04:00:07 AM
It depends on the rules that were made from the beginning. Usually projects write "Bounty manager or admin has the right to do anything"
So we cannot blame them if they change the rules in the middle or the end.

Yeah and they are using this to cheat people because all bounty hunters that participated will undergo KYC even though they participated because they are not going to ask for KYC, now they are asking so they can get free service from this bounty hunters, this project should be posted in the scam section.

Rule is rule, it's a not a most you join any bounty you come across. And I think reason they always do this is because of bounty cheaters. It's almost impossible to get away with cheating if such method is used.
Activity: 952
Merit: 27
May 15, 2020, 03:45:18 AM
It depends on the rules that were made from the beginning. Usually projects write "Bounty manager or admin has the right to do anything"
So we cannot blame them if they change the rules in the middle or the end.

Yeah and they are using this to cheat people because all bounty hunters that participated will undergo KYC even though they participated because they are not going to ask for KYC, now they are asking so they can get free service from this bounty hunters, this project should be posted in the scam section.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
May 15, 2020, 12:06:20 AM

Cheating it is in my opinion because already it was stated that there won't be any kyc but at the end of the campaign they now request kyc just to spite hunters, if you look at it, many hunters only join campaigns that don't require kyc (maybe because they don't have the required kyc document) and they can receive their reward without any problem,
But when you decide to introduce kyc after saying there is no kyc is clear cheating hunters of their reward which is bad.
I disagree with you. As I understand, the project said that they don't require KYC for bounty hunters to receive their reward. However, for some reason, their chosen exchange requires every user to undergo KYC. It is not part of their rules that they don't need to do KYC under the exchange, therefore, it is not cheating but a misunderstanding in bounty hunter's part.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 589
May 14, 2020, 11:28:11 PM

It will not be considered as cheating as long as the project details posted by the campaign manager stated that "we have the rights to change the project details anytime" because sudden changes do really happen within the span of project promotion due to some reasons that is discussed between the project team and the campaign manager. You should always be aware that changes can do happen so always check up the project details every time. Reading all the project details must be done so that you are aware of whatever will happen. But it might come to think that somehow it can be considered cheating once changes happen without prior notice and at the very end of the campaign but the rules are being set by the team and the manager so they do have the rights to create sudden changes. We must just be keep in touch so that we can be updated in any unexpected changes.
Activity: 573
Merit: 102
May 14, 2020, 07:42:58 PM

In as much as it seems like teams are going against their set out rules when they comes up with new set of rules at the end of the campaign, i think they do cover some extra rights to make rules and amendments through the discretion they do put up in the bounty rules that the teams holds the right to change or amend the rules that will protect the interest of their project. However, bounty managers and team members have come to discover that hunters do avoid bounties with kyc so they tends to apply it at the end of the rules now
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
May 14, 2020, 07:29:27 PM
It must be admitted that some projects campaigns are cheating, which is sad at least there are about 70% based on the results of my research
do positive projects cheating. In a number of ways they are developer projects cheating on bounty hunters. And unfortunately there are no
consequences for projects that do so.
Activity: 770
Merit: 113
May 14, 2020, 07:18:28 PM
it does not violate the rules if they can change the rules based on their needs. Well, I know that many people don't like changing policies, even I don't like it when things change at the end of a sale. however, if it has a clear reason, I think it's only natural. as long as they still maintain the quality of the token, and paying it is enough. cheating is when they always postpone the time of payment and make it difficult for those who will be paid.
Changing the rules is annoying, especially with KYC. I am reluctant to do it if the rewards are not comparable. The classic reason for the dev team and the bounty manager is to eliminate cheaters or multi-accounts, every time that reason is given, I always wonder: why haven't they implemented it since the beginning of the bounty period?
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
May 14, 2020, 08:04:26 AM

Cheating it is in my opinion because already it was stated that there won't be any kyc but at the end of the campaign they now request kyc just to spite hunters, if you look at it, many hunters only join campaigns that don't require kyc (maybe because they don't have the required kyc document) and they can receive their reward without any problem,
But when you decide to introduce kyc after saying there is no kyc is clear cheating hunters of their reward which is bad.
I think there's alot if bounty campaigns with terms of condition that can be changed anytime, i already experienced this before, people should read the terms of condition first before joining the campaign, developers exploit this condition just to fuck with bounty hunters and bounty hunters can't even do anything about it.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 14, 2020, 03:27:34 AM

Activity: 106
Merit: 0
May 14, 2020, 02:22:47 AM

Passing KYC is not the worst thing that might happen while investing in a project. Getting useless tokens worth nothing after investing is much worse tbh.
Activity: 318
May 14, 2020, 01:58:22 AM
This is not new in campaigns and it depends on the rules that have been implemented from the beginning. It is neither a scam from the bonus campaign manager nor the project team. You should carefully read the rules that the team has implemented carefully, and when saying that the group can make rule changes based on their situation.
Pages:
Jump to: