Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheating or Not? - page 4. (Read 1216 times)

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
May 14, 2020, 01:06:29 AM
It's not cheating, but it is misleading! Adding new rules by the team often happens, sometimes not because of the team, it's because they were not ready and prepared, so they stumbled upon some new regulations in the country where they are operating, and they had to add KYC, or they would be forced to pay fines or even close the project! Changes can be regulatory, when they add new rules, but changes can also be technical, anyway the team can be forced to adopt new rules or to end the project! If you choose between these two it's better to add some new rules and continue with project than to abandon the project.
Activity: 756
Merit: 256
HEX: Longer pays better
May 13, 2020, 11:28:04 PM
Cheating or NOT Cheating?

Coming from altcoinstalk forum I've experience few projects going against their own rules like saying on promotion page that no KYC will be required and after promotion ends they tell promoters to go and open account on an exchange and pass KYC, what can this be called? Cheating? Any consequences for such projects on this forum? Thank you.

bounty managers are sometimes cursed by bounty hunters because they change the original plan. but they are also required by project owners to implement KYC, which is a must. Therefore, we need to be mentally prepared to perform KYC at any time. because between the project and we have no commitments, they can change the conditions at any time. This is the risky nature of this job.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1000
May 13, 2020, 11:06:20 PM
For me it is clear cheating, because first - in such way they will cut the number of rewards, second - they will collect your data. If they are acting in such way, they easily can continue their cheating. Or for example - sell their database. Anyway i am trying to stay away from such bad players.
Some projects abuse the process and we cant do something about it. But legit projects just making sure that the rewards will be received properly by the users. Normally KYC is not supposedly impose but some hunters are busy with cheating the campaign, team feels the needs to do the process to avoid such giving rewards to those who are not really work hard for the promotion and only just taking advantage the real hunters.
That's right, sometimes a lot of people cheat on bounties and create multiple accounts to follow bounties, maybe with the KYC they will know and reduce cheating. but if you want to keep your documents better off not taking part in projects that require KYC, there are plenty of projects out there that don't require sending personal data
Activity: 527
Merit: 113
May 13, 2020, 10:55:48 PM
For me it is clear cheating, because first - in such way they will cut the number of rewards, second - they will collect your data. If they are acting in such way, they easily can continue their cheating. Or for example - sell their database. Anyway i am trying to stay away from such bad players.
Some projects abuse the process and we cant do something about it. But legit projects just making sure that the rewards will be received properly by the users. Normally KYC is not supposedly impose but some hunters are busy with cheating the campaign, team feels the needs to do the process to avoid such giving rewards to those who are not really work hard for the promotion and only just taking advantage the real hunters.
Activity: 198
Merit: 2
May 13, 2020, 09:07:29 PM

Coming from altcoinstalk forum I've experience few projects going against their own rules like saying on promotion page that no KYC will be required and after promotion ends they tell promoters to go and open account on an exchange and pass KYC, what can this be called? Cheating? Any consequences for such projects on this forum? Thank you.

It is an unfair situation that is done towards bounty hunters, and this is also a reason why i stayed back alittle from bounties and focused on gold project for awhile.
Let us continue to find worthy projects to promote, and hope we do not get to a cheating project that will refuse to pay bounty rewards.
Activity: 560
Merit: 104
terra-credit.com
May 13, 2020, 09:03:22 PM
We should know that the dev team and the bounty manager have the right to change the rules. We must accept all the risks even though at the beginning they did not require KYC. If the reward is not much, it's better to ignore KYC, your personal identity is more important.

Related to KYC on the exchange, usually, if we make a deposit or withdrawal of less than 1 BTC, it is not required by KYC. Learn more about this rule.
Activity: 742
Merit: 102
Second Live
May 13, 2020, 08:43:33 AM
Every project has rules that apply and must be followed by participants, related to the changes in regulations that are in progress or completion, their management team may have sat down together regarding changes and policies. All decisions in their hands.
Agree, All decisions depend on them. And we won't be able to change anything, if we don't accept their rules, we can leave and take part in other campaigns.
Activity: 312
Merit: 10
May 13, 2020, 08:40:45 AM
Have you ever read any bounty thread carefully??  I'm sure, you didn't. They always mention that "team reserves the right to make any changes of this content anytime" or  "No Need KYC but can be required by team if need". That means they have right if they think they want to kyc But i think they should ask kyc after confirming once "no need kyc".
Activity: 322
homt.net
May 12, 2020, 09:16:14 PM

In the beginning,  we are already approve that we are going to follow all the rules.  So,  we can not deny,  sometimes they suddenly change their rules.  Maybe it happen because of unconditionally situation.  We can not predict what kind of sutuation is.  But,  the great project never take bad steps for all.
Activity: 668
Merit: 100
DogData
May 12, 2020, 06:13:47 PM

It doesn't cheating! How can you say it cheating ?
As well as i know,Whenever you follow a bounty program it means you agree there will be a rule that will change sometime.
Maybe they change the rules and make decision about kyc is to avoid cheaters from bounty campaign.
I think is okay to do KYC if the exchange site or bounty program is legit
Activity: 1246
Merit: 315
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
May 12, 2020, 12:07:04 PM
How come that it becomes cheating?

As I understood, the bounty that he participated was not requiring them to undergo KYC, the one that requires them is the exchange where they will be eligible to sell their token. This KYC is not part of the scope of the project because the exchange was not developed together with the project.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
May 12, 2020, 11:54:24 AM
Yes, it does look like a very obvious cheating, and everyone does try to stay away from bad players, but we also often get stuck into their strategies, because basically they have a very sweet strategy so that everyone can easily be attracted to them.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
May 12, 2020, 11:43:19 AM
You just need to follow their rules because that is what their implemented if they rules they have rights to change anytime there is no cheating. There is no need to worry about KYC if the exchange site or the website that you are going to pass your details if the site is legit .
Activity: 728
May 12, 2020, 11:27:52 AM
Activity: 1610
Merit: 294
www.licx.io
May 12, 2020, 10:51:24 AM
Every project has rules that apply and must be followed by participants, related to the changes in regulations that are in progress or completion, their management team may have sat down together regarding changes and policies. All decisions in their hands.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 629
May 12, 2020, 07:42:56 AM
There's a disclaimer in almost all Bounties which states that the team are liable to edit, alter or change anh terms of the Bounty campaign.
While you were also joining and filling the Bounty forms, you also chose to agree to the afro mentioned terms and conditions.

Hence it is not cheating but can be unfair
Yes we often see in the first page of the bounties their condition to change rules anytime and you as a participant agree and understand it thats why you join their bounty. Its really unfair but thats one of the risk that we need to face when joining in bounties to be able to get a rewards. As long as the project is really legit then I will comply except for kyc.
Activity: 579
Merit: 13
Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through
May 12, 2020, 07:29:46 AM

There's a disclaimer in almost all Bounties which states that the team are liable to edit, alter or change anh terms of the Bounty campaign.
While you were also joining and filling the Bounty forms, you also chose to agree to the afro mentioned terms and conditions.

Hence it is not cheating but can be unfair
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
May 12, 2020, 07:23:16 AM
In my opinion kyc is the best for exchanger but never good thing passing kyc for bounty hunter. Actually this is rules from team so we can't to do anything. Usually it's will be cheating if they will wanted kyc without first rules.

That's right, every campaign has their own set of rules, it will only be cheating if it is not part of the rules but later added when everything on your end was already done. Even in exchanges, they don't require everyone to comply with the KYC, it's only depending on the amount you trade or transact and if you fall to that level, that's the time you'll comply, but if not, you can transact anonymously.

For bounty hunter, like I said, if its part of the rule then you have to comply and just don't participate if you feel you don't like to submit your KYC information, than complaining because you think bounty should not require KYC.
copper member
Activity: 149
Merit: 19
May 12, 2020, 07:09:53 AM
Its still an unregulated space. You have to just rely on your wits and depend on the project owner to be honourable to their words. But sometimes KYC is out of their hands and they are probably forced due to regulations which they were not really aware of initially, was required after. So maybe its not the fault of the project. They just didn't realise the number of regulations required.
Activity: 504
Merit: 16
May 12, 2020, 07:09:36 AM
Bounty rules are adjustable but not KYC, it's cheating to me, it depends on bounty managers though, most I've come across don't go back on their words, once they ask for KYC they don't go back on their words, If any bounty manager do such I won't follow such BM again
Pages:
Jump to: