Pages:
Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 33. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 0
v11.3:

- removed devfee, miner is completely free now.
- added "-pow7" option to support Monero hardfork, use "-pow7 1" value to enable it.
- reduced CPU usage for systems with a lot of GPUs.

Was waiting long time, thanks for free, but no tweaks like the Eth miner release?
Was hoping for improved hashrates and tweaks from 11.6 to be ported to this miner also?
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
v11.3:

- added "-pow7" option to support Monero hardfork, use "-pow7 1" value to enable it.

Why free? Does this mean it is EOL for the miner and no more updates?
Activity: 18
v11.3:

Hello,

Can you please make it work with AMD RX550 2GB? it only works with claymore 9.7. Thank you
Activity: 108
Merit: 11
RIP Terascale cards. Throw them in the garbage.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v11.3:

Activity: 1666
Merit: 310
When new versions with v7 algo support???

In a few days.
Hey Claymore,

Are you going to support TeraScale/VLIW GPUs again?

Claymore v9.7 is the last version that works with 5xxx/6xxx cards and it doesn't support Monero v7 algo.

I wouldn't mind paying dev fees for an updated version. Smiley

Hi,

There's no worries, XMR stak now fully works with TeraScale gpus. Me and a couple of other members worked hard to troubleshoot it. Please check https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/882ogg/summary_and_final_guidepointers_on_how_to/

and comments at https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/issues/472

Basically, you need to use 14.4 driver, nothing else works with Stak, and then there are some extra sweet spot intensity settings you can find if you read through what was posted Smiley Result is getting 400 h/s per core of HD 6990 on xmr stak, that is about 800 h/s + per one HD 6990, guaranteed to work with V7 monero algo.
Well, the thing is Claymore v9.7 works fine with 15.7.1 (it actually asks for 15.x Catalyst for maximum performance/compatibility)... it would be nice if the latest Claymore added TeraScale support again. Smiley

Right, I see that, but you're missing my point. The drivers you use don't matter if it's a dedicated mining rig, and with 14.4 drivers, if you compile XMR stak from source, you can remove the dev fee, and you literally get the fastest miner for free. With those drivers and correct intensity/worksize, XMR stak outperforms claymore on terascale by 20%, plus you pay no fee.
I see your point, but not everyone has a dedicated mining rig. Dev fee is not a problem, as long as the miner works as it should.

I can use xmr-stak with 15.12 drivers and HD 6950 no problem.
How? Does it detect more than 384MB of RAM?
Activity: 8

In a few days.
Hey Claymore,

Claymore v9.7 is the last version that works with 5xxx/6xxx cards and it doesn't support Monero v7 algo.

Hi,

There's no worries, XMR stak now fully works with TeraScale gpus. Me and a couple of other members worked hard to troubleshoot it. Please check https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/882ogg/summary_and_final_guidepointers_on_how_to/

Basically, you need to use 14.4 driver, nothing else works with Stak, and then there are some extra sweet spot intensity settings you can find if you read through what was posted Smiley Result is getting 400 h/s per core of HD 6990 on xmr stak, that is about 800 h/s + per one HD 6990, guaranteed to work with V7 monero algo.
Well, the thing is Claymore v9.7 works fine with 15.7.1 (it actually asks for 15.x Catalyst for maximum performance/compatibility)... it would be nice if the latest Claymore added TeraScale support again. Smiley

Right, I see that, but you're missing my point. The drivers you use don't matter if it's a dedicated mining rig, and with 14.4 drivers, if you compile XMR stak from source, you can remove the dev fee, and you literally get the fastest miner for free. With those drivers and correct intensity/worksize, XMR stak outperforms claymore on terascale by 20%, plus you pay no fee.

Do you mean XMR stak is 20% faster than Claymore?

Yes. Read my previous comments and links.
Activity: 68

In a few days.
Hey Claymore,

Hi,

Do you mean XMR stak is 20% faster than Claymore?
Activity: 239
Merit: 10

No problem with how much performance actually?
You not only need to have a GPU running. The problem that next to all miners get is huge performance penalty with xmr-stak, up to 80% of hashrate loss. Please post more details about your performance results both with CCNM 9.7 and XMR-STAK
Also please elaborate on stability issue. When using 15.12 drivers I have frequent issues with tempereture sensors that stop reporting until hard reboot.

In a few days.
Hey Claymore,

Hi,

Activity: 116

How about 16.9.2?
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
just want to say thanks  Smiley
Activity: 108
Merit: 11

In a few days.
Hey Claymore,

Hi,

In a few days.
Hey Claymore,

Hi,

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Issues with Ubuntu 14.04 -

nsgpucnminer: relocation error: /opt/Claymore10/nsgpucnminer: symbol _ZNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEC1EPKcRKS3_, version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

14.04 is older than Jesus. Try running something made this century.

I have an issues with AMD drivers ( 13.12) on my rig (R9 270 and R7 370 cards) on Ubuntu > 14.04 Sad

My words apply again - stop using those insanely old AMD drivers...

Tell AMD to add support for clock control and undervolting in the AMDGPU drivers.
At this point, fglrx is INFINITELY better for R9 and older series cards than their AMDGPU stuff.

Also, tell AMD to SUPPORT THEIR BLOODY APU iGPUs in something newer than fglrx - 2+ years and STILL NO BLEEDING SUPPORT UNDER LINUX FOR APUS on the AMDGPU stack.

Activity: 120
Hi Claymore,
Please tell me will your new miner support new algo for sumocoin, called cryptonigh-heavy?
Thank you forward and keep amd mining alive sir, because nvidia rules right now for most coins and algos.
Activity: 27
In a few days.

And, please, many people ask for RX550 / Polaris 12 support!

As far as I understand, Polaris 12 is to some extent similar to other Polaris architectures. And, it is very energy efficient. Adding ASM binary for RX550 will give a great boost to low-end miners.
Activity: 288
Merit: 1

In a few days.

and rx550 suppurt too plz

In a few days.
Hey Claymore,

Pages:
Jump to: